Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Missing Badge

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I picked a badge for all my wizards in every school that they would permanently wear after they turned Grandmaster, but I'm having trouble picking one for Storm. Can someone help me and tell me what you think about my idea?

Fire: Blood of the Giants, because Dragons (the original pyromancers) and Giants (the original thaumaturges) are natural enemies and have been enemies for ages. Proof of this is seen in Nidavellir; the massive murals depict the ancient Giants pummeling the Dragons with their crystal mallets.

Ice: Draconian Slayer, for the same reason.

Storm: ?????

Balance: Elementalist, because many of Balances' spells are focused on the basic elements (ex: Hydra, Spectral Blast, Elemental Trap/Blade/Shield, Spectral Minion, etc.)

Life: The Purifier, because theurgy is all about purity.

Myth: Loremaster, because myth is based on...well, lore. Lore is basically just another word for myth more or less.

Death: Peacemaker, R.I.P. Need I say more?

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I picked a badge for all my wizards in every school that they would permanently wear after they turned Grandmaster, but I'm having trouble picking one for Storm. Can someone help me and tell me what you think about my idea?

Fire: Blood of the Giants, because Dragons (the original pyromancers) and Giants (the original thaumaturges) are natural enemies and have been enemies for ages. Proof of this is seen in Nidavellir; the massive murals depict the ancient Giants pummeling the Dragons with their crystal mallets.

Balance: Elementalist, because many of Balances' spells are focused on the basic elements (ex: Hydra, Spectral Blast, Elemental Trap/Blade/Shield, Spectral Minion, etc.)

Myth: Loremaster, because myth is based on...well, lore. Lore is basically just another word for myth more or less.

Master of Storm, lol

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
I would think Death would be better to have either Spirit Walker or Nightstalker.

Life could be Peacemaker

Storm could therefore be Purifier. After all, it was Wavebringer's job to keep the waters clean and pure ("Water clean, water pure, I clean, I rejoice"), and Wavebringer is Storm.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
I would think Death would be better to have either Spirit Walker or Nightstalker.

Life could be Peacemaker

Storm could therefore be Purifier. After all, it was Wavebringer's job to keep the waters clean and pure ("Water clean, water pure, I clean, I rejoice"), and Wavebringer is Storm.

Eh...I just think Spirit Walker and Nightstalker for a necromancer are so expected and cheesy. Same with Peacemaker for a theurgist. I originally wanted Peacemaker to be the badge, but it just seems blah. Lastly, basing the reasoning behind The Purifier on one NPC's quest? I don't know about that.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2010
How about theTechnomancer Badge? Techno sounds like "technology" which has to do with electricity and stuff, and thats exactly what storm mages use :-)

Explorer
Jun 30, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

for life i prefer Forest Emperor/Emperess
and Balance I prefer Avenger of the sands

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Gamlic wrote:
How about theTechnomancer Badge? Techno sounds like "technology" which has to do with electricity and stuff, and thats exactly what storm mages use :-)

Technomancer? That sounds like a reject school lol. Either way, I don't know about Technomancer. A lot of Diviner spells have to do with lightning, not electricity. Also, I think Technomancer --> electricity --> lightning --> Storm is too much thinking. It should be something that immediately makes sense. I didn't really get Technomancer as soon as I heard it.

The Wizard101 page at the WarCry Network has a full list of Badges and how to obtain them for your Wizard.
http://www.warcry.com/w101/apps/db/badges.php

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Da1Meeper wrote:
for life i prefer Forest Emperor/Emperess
and Balance I prefer Avenger of the sands

Do these badges exist? I was talking about badges that already exist.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Prospector Zeke wrote:
The Wizard101 page at the WarCry Network has a full list of Badges and how to obtain them for your Wizard.
http://www.warcry.com/w101/apps/db/badges.php

I've looked through many lists of badges on different sites: I haven't seen anything that sounds "stormy". Maybe when Celestia comes out...