Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Text is only lines after Halloween update

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 17, 2008
Somehow it looks like everyone is having a problem with this. I am very reluctant to play now because I cannot see my or my foes name, rank, title, i can't see how much damage I've taken or done, and that is very irritating. If I mouse over someone to look at their name i only see lines.

Not to be rude, but PLEASE FIX THIS IMEDIATELY.

Administrator
Good news young wizards!
Our excellent team of sorcerers have located the bug and should have a fix very soon! Please be patient while we get this spell together

Survivor
Oct 17, 2008
Survivor
Oct 17, 2008
BTW the update is soooo great! Fixed lots of the things that needed fixing.

Wizard 101 for the win hands down!!!

Survivor
Aug 05, 2008
I have this problem too. Hope it is fixed too.
I have a screen shot, but don't know how to load it here.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2008
Phew! I thought I was gonna have to stop playing so often due to this terrible bug. lol

Survivor
Sep 13, 2008
MrLincoln wrote:
Good news young wizards!
Our excellent team of sorcerers have located the bug and should have a fix very soon! Please be patient while we get this spell together

i am still getting this problem? has it been fixed?

Survivor
Aug 02, 2008
I realize the game is online and playable but are the wizards any closer to fixing this issue? Can an Admin please post progress and resolution here so I don't have to keep logging into the game.

-Thanks

Survivor
Jun 26, 2008
Glad to know this is a known bug and not something with my computer overloaded from the latest upgrade. Looking forward to having it fixed!

Survivor
Oct 01, 2008
I am experiencing same thing ever since update....still no fix ...also friends have reported freezing in mini games since update..anyone have this issue?

Survivor
Sep 21, 2008
I have been emailing Help concerning this same problem. After going back and forth several times, I was told today that they are aware and working on this problem. Also I asked if some type of consideration will be given to the members for days that we were unable to function correctly. I don't have a response back on that yet.

Let's hope this issue is resolved soon.

Administrator
Please know that our top Wizards are working very hard to resolve this.

Malistaire has targeted very specific people with this attack and it takes special potions and ingredients to create a spell to fix this distortion.

We're getting closer and closer to perfecting the spell, but we don't want to cast it without testing it out first.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please know that you can at least turn off the names of other players until this problem is fixed by opening your Options panel and selecting 'Non Players' or 'Show None'. This will turn off the names, and until this spell is perfected, please check your backpacks for new items you receive from duels and encounters.

Thank you for your patience.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Sep 21, 2008
:
Momster wrote:
I have been emailing Help concerning this same problem. After going back and forth several times, I was told today that they are aware and working on this problem. Also I asked if some type of consideration will be given to the members for days that we were unable to function correctly. I don't have a response back on that yet.

:D It looks like it finally fixed, but still no word on whether they will give us extra days on our subscriptions or maybe some special card because of the problems we ran into. They really need to do something for us because I only played a few times while this glitch was occuring.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
Momster wrote:
:
Momster wrote:

:D It looks like it finally fixed, but still no word on whether they will give us extra days on our subscriptions or maybe some special card because of the problems we ran into. They really need to do something for us because I only played a few times while this glitch was occuring.

It's not fixed for me, I still see nothing but lines. I have even closed out game and re-started it and the problem is still there. I guess I will just have to turn off all names since I can't read it. I hope to get a fix soon.

Administrator
If you are still experiencing this problem AFTER the November 4th 3am update, please submit a Support request, it is very important we get your feed back.

We need your information - please complete the following steps if you are still experiencing this problem.

1. Click Start on your computer.
2. Select Run
3. Type dxdiag and press OK
4. A window will open.
5. Click 'Save All Information'
6. Save the file someplace you'll be able to easily remember.
7. Exit this window by clicking Exit
8. Log into the Wizard101 site
9. Click Help -> Support -> Ask a Question
10. Type 'Vertical Lines' problem information and attach the file you saved.

Thank you! We appreciate all the feedback you've given us to make Wizard101 fun and accessible for everyone.

community@wizard101.com
Administrator
Sir Reginald Baxby stayed late into the night to hunt down this problem for our players. He's a keen hunter that one!

Seems that he may have discovered the source of the bug thanks to all of you who sent in your input. We couldn't have done this without you.

Once Baxby is sure he's cornered the problem, we'll let you know when to expect a fix. This was a nasty elusive one! Thank you again to all the Wizards who sent us their dxdiag information.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Sir Reginald Baxby stayed late into the night to hunt down this problem for our players. He's a keen hunter that one!

Seems that he may have discovered the source of the bug thanks to all of you who sent in your input. We couldn't have done this without you.

Once Baxby is sure he's cornered the problem, we'll let you know when to expect a fix. This was a nasty elusive one! Thank you again to all the Wizards who sent us their dxdiag information.

I can't wait until this is fixed. I just hope it is done before the next area is ready. I am waiting patiently. :D

Survivor
Aug 15, 2008
Awesome! Tonight's hotfix worded for me.

Thanks code wizards!

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
It is finally all fixed and back to normal for me .Thank you all who worked hard to get this problem all fixed fast. Now I can go back to playing this fun game. :D