Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make Wands Stitchable

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 12, 2009

Currently, wands are the only “wearable” item that a wizard has that cannot be stitched. I would like to start a post/petition to get Wands added to the “Stitch-able” items list.

I understand that this is a pretty big item, especially if many wizards are like me and carry a wand for each school on every wizard at all times; wands could be the most frequently stitched items in the game. There are some pretty cool looking wands out there, but many are not practical to wield, whether it has too many or too few cards, no pips or power pips, or whatever the reason, sometimes you can’t choose the wand that would totally complete the look you spent time, money and energy to acquire. I would just like to get wands added to the “Stitch-able” list at some point in the future, because when pressed I will always choose function over form, but a really cool wand that completely nails the look I am going for would be a great and fun addition to the game. If it were to happen tomorrow, I already have a pretty long list of the wands I would love to stitch.

I am not sure how a wand item data structure is constructed, so there probably are some very large obstacles to overcome. But, what I would like to see is the stats of one wand stitched to the image of the other. If the stats wand is a different school spell type than the image wand then the color of the particle effects of the image wand would change to the color of the particle effects/school of the stats wand. Otherwise the image wand’s particle effects (if any) should not be changed. But, if it isn’t too difficult, ideally, if the stats wand particle effect sprites could also be transferred to the image wand as well, then you would have some really interesting wands out there. People would also be able to see what type of school spell you have attached to the wand you are using. But, and I am guessing, that each wand has been tweaked to show off that particular wand’s particle effects in the best light (pardon the pun), and therefore it isn’t a one to one transfer that can be solved easily through programming. But, I thought I would add that to my wish list for Wizard.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
that is an AWESOME IDEA! i've always loved my ice axe but i've always liked the noob wand for fire the runed wand it looks like a wand from harry potter and i would LOVE to stitch that even though i am a wizard its kind of weird to have a sword it makes me feel more of like a warrior i wanna be a wizard with a wand or staff but most wands are for noobs so either get some cool new wands that look like there from harry potter or get wand stitching to thumbs up :D :D :D

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Defender
Mar 07, 2009
I've said this a lot on here and the fan site. You like a certain staff/wand and it hardly has any damage. But it looks good with your character. Stitch/level up with your character. Good idea

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
good idea want to see my hoarder wand stiches to my grimcaster wand or that storm staf for lvl 45. or better yet to steelwielers mineblade
HMMMMMMMMMMMM possibilities

Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
i agree that there should be a stiching for wands i am getting tired of my equeraderal sword and my ice sword. like if you could stich them they could be stiched for gold like in the thousands? and you need to wait 12 hours later to stich again? thats a good idea right? .
from keira dragon rider grand master sorceress lvl 50

Survivor
Nov 20, 2009
Explorer
Oct 24, 2009
I tried to pull this wand stiching thing of last year. it did not seem to change the minds of the powers that be, or in other words, the makers of wizard 101. :(

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
I like the wand stitching idea.
Spooky Bob had pumpkin staves and a broom staff for sale, but they all hit for low damage. I liked the way the wands looked, but the low damage and no pips made them unattractive. If I could have stitched the images of those staves to my sword, I would have bought them.

Also: If I decide to stitch a staff/wand image to my sword, I would be quite happy with a staff/wand animation. If I make my sword look like a staff, it may as well behave like a staff too.