Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Update to Level 48 Pet Status

AuthorMessage
Administrator
We were able to identify all players who received their level 48 quest school specific pet between May 25 2010 and July 8th 2010.

These accounts are in the process of receiving a NEW Level 48 pet, leveled to Adult status with a Pip O’Plenty talent. The original Pip-less pets are NOT being removed – they’ll just have an improved twin.

Level 48 quest school specific pet obtained prior to May 25 2010 already have the 5% Power Pip bonus.
Level 48 quest school specific pet obtained after July 8th 2010 already have the Pip O'Plenty talent.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Sorry, but I have read about the pip/pet issue and am confused. I received a Life Satyr this week on my Life Wizard at level 48 and there is no pip increase. Is that what is supposed to happen now? What do we do to increase the pip percentage?

Your new pet has a guaranteed talent called Pip O'Plenty that will give you +5% Power Pip chance.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Thanks Zeke, when/how does the 5% kick in? Previously it was there at the outset, but I don't see it now. Do I have to do something? Thanks.

Survivor
May 10, 2009
I hope this is true! I recieved my wraith during this time frame and as of now there has not been any form of change!. I even submitted and request form to recieve the pips on my wraith!

I guess if it dont happen for me i will have to delete my GRAND MASTER DEATH and start over to get a 48 pet that actually gives something besides selfish talents. I have lvled him to ancient and there is still nothing! I Pretty much have wasted my time and effort!

I will be very upset if that is what i have to do.

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
Just what I need, more helephants ;P jk but Is it supposed to get 5% or does it start at 2% like mine and you have to increase it?

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
Pip O'Plenty increases as you train stats: Strength, Intellect(?) and Power.

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
My hydra says it gets +3%, but doing simple math it still only gives +2%, is this a know issue or is my hydra just messed up?

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
My Balance Wizard received her Hydra long before the pet update. After the pet update her Hydra had the 5% pip boost. Well, today I logged onto my balance wizard and got identical pet. Now, I am not complaining...Another Hydra won't hurt me. I was just wondering why she got this duplicate pet. I am sure it was a mistake.

Hannah Lifebringer level 50 Life

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Zeke or Gamma, I think we need more clarification here:

We understand the level 48 pets have something called Pip O'Plenty but is that supposed to start at 0% or 5%? We used to get 5% once we got our level 48 pet but we now seem to get zero and have to work to get what used to be granted at the outset. Is that correct? If so, that sort of stinks.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
:D Well, ty Gamma, and Prospector Zeke, this certainly explains what it was doing in my backpack! issue resolved...I guess I'll have to pay more attention... and, TY.

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
addisoncrawford wrote:
We used to get 5% once we got our level 48 pet but we now seem to get zero and have to work to get what used to be granted at the outset.

Depends on the Age the pet is when Pip O'Plenty manifests and how much xp is in the associated stats.
And it is +5%. Could go as high as 8% with the right stats and stat boosts.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2010
My Hydra pet is adult and has the Pips'o'plenty ability but only raises my power pips by +1.
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Your new pet has a guaranteed talent called Pip O'Plenty that will give you +5% Power Pip chance.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
Sounds Good Gamma... But soon I will have a YOu as a pet.... And Ambrose, I wont take Gamma but srsly ty KI