Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice School should be able to tower shield all

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Ice School should be given a one pip card that lets it cast a tower shield upon all of its team during a turn. The importance of ice school is to protect while doing scaled down damage comparative to the storm and fire schools. Its strategy is to limit damage and survive long enough to power up its attacks enough to eventually be able to win. It could be envisioned as a storm school comparative that decided to give up damage and even damage cards in favor of defense and protection cards. The problem is that schools over kill as a general rule and even when ice school is able to withstand attacks such players tend to find that their team has largely been killed off leaving them to face whatever is left alone. Storm mass kills fast, fire has less of a shielding problem to over come and pays for the easier ability to get attacks off through delayed damage over turns of time but still mass kills, ice however does not mass protect and it really should be able to do that. If ice could mass protect then the massive damage caused by tempest, judgement, wild bolt, and judgement would be largely circumvented in the presense of ice school players.

Also, since ice school is supposed to be able to withstand attacks, it really should have a protection card against the shield dropping effects of earthquake.

Explorer
Jun 13, 2010
That was just what I was thinking! (In that new spell thread, wrote an ice spell that shields teammates for 1 pip). If ice has all the awesome shields like ice armor for themselves, and they can only shield one at a time, (like any other school), what's the point of having an ice wizard in team play?This way ice wizards will be more popular in groups. :]

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Basically, a shield for all players on one side.

That makes sense. After all, there is a Spell that Drains all Enemies, multiple Attack all Enemy Spells, two negative Charms on all Enemies (SmokeScreen for Accuracy and Plague for Damage), a Spell that gives a Blade to all Allies, and a Spell that puts a Trap on all Enemies (WindStorm).

What to call this idea for an Ice Spell, I don't know... Barricade? StoneWall? Castle?

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
This sounds like an interesting idea that makes some sense.

Devin Darksong – Grandmaster Necromancer – lvl 50 Death
Digby Darksong – Grandmaster Theurgist – lvl 50 Life
Duncan Darksong – Grandmaster Sorcerer – lvl 50 Balance
Dylan Darksong – Grandmaster Diviner – lvl 50 Storm
Dustan Darksong – Grandmaster Conjurer – lvl 50 Myth
Dolan Darksong – Master Thaumaturge - lvl 50 Ice

Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
I've been thinking too and it could be called Ice Wall -40%.
I also noticed they have blade all (bladestorm), weakness all (plague), accuracy all (guidance), minus accuracy all (smokescreen), trap all (windstorm), all for 1 pip but no shield all so it would fit in perfectly.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I like the name ice wall since it keeps it denotes it properly as an ice school spell.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
seasnake wrote:
Ice School should be given a one pip card that lets it cast a tower shield upon all of its team during a turn. The importance of ice school is to protect while doing scaled down damage comparative to the storm and fire schools. Its strategy is to limit damage and survive long enough to power up its attacks enough to eventually be able to win. It could be envisioned as a storm school comparative that decided to give up damage and even damage cards in favor of defense and protection cards. The problem is that schools over kill as a general rule and even when ice school is able to withstand attacks such players tend to find that their team has largely been killed off leaving them to face whatever is left alone. Storm mass kills fast, fire has less of a shielding problem to over come and pays for the easier ability to get attacks off through delayed damage over turns of time but still mass kills, ice however does not mass protect and it really should be able to do that. If ice could mass protect then the massive damage caused by tempest, judgement, wild bolt, and judgement would be largely circumvented in the presense of ice school players.

Also, since ice school is supposed to be able to withstand attacks, it really should have a protection card against the shield dropping effects of earthquake.

How about 4 pips like you said bladestorm should be. Seasnake stop trying to make ways you can be better at pvp really its annoying. And also i thought you said you weren't gonna do pvp until its "fixed".Btw can you put your wizard's name and school next time you post a message?
David Stronghunter Grandmaster Pyromancer

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
four pips for it would still be reasonable, and as far as how it applies to my character it is likely to make things far more challenging since I am not ice school and my friends aren't either but to further complicate the matter if ice players have the card then so also do all the ice bosses and a lot of the ice opponents that I go up against... I think celestia is a bit too easy past level 54 so if ice wall were placed in the game then I bet Celestia would become a lot harder

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
well i have to agree with this idea im a life wizard and i have a heal all spell but its a 3 pip spell so if there is a group heal why not a group shield to give me the life wizaed more time to heal the group

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
FoxFyr wrote:
Basically, a shield for all players on one side.

That makes sense. After all, there is a Spell that Drains all Enemies, multiple Attack all Enemy Spells, two negative Charms on all Enemies (SmokeScreen for Accuracy and Plague for Damage), a Spell that gives a Blade to all Allies, and a Spell that puts a Trap on all Enemies (WindStorm).

What to call this idea for an Ice Spell, I don't know... Barricade? StoneWall? Castle?

You forgot to mention life school's rebirth spell that gives everyone a 400 point damage absorb shield. So if life gives such a shield, where is ice's shielding to all card. When all the other schools were given a to all type card, ice wasn't and this really nerfed ice in comparison to the other schools.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Finally, an idea from seasnake that isn't ridiculous or attacking Balance! I never thought I'd say this, but this is a great idea. I hope to see it in Celestia, and if not I hope to see it in the next world. I vote it be called Fortress, if that name hasn't been taken by one of the new spells.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Or I have an idea, not really sure about everyone else agreeing with me though. How about if it's PvP, have everyone cast a shield, someone casts beguile on you, then you cast steal ward. This plan requires a death wizard and an ice wizard so that's why I'm not really sure about it.