Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Master Crafter

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 02, 2009
:? Okay, I understand the need for a challenge, but as a grownup, I'm getting frustrated trying to find or craft the Black Pearls and Black Lotus's. Now If I'm frustrated I can't imagine how some of our younger Wizards are feeling.
Here's an idea: Either reduce the amount of Black Pearls and Lotus's we need for this badge or make them a tad easier to find. Yeah you can in fact spend a small fortune in Crowns trying to get them, but let's face it, not everyone can do that.
How about it Professor?
Moira Dragonforge

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
Moira,
I use the same method to get all my hard to find reagents. I go to one area use the teleports and realm hop. Last night I was incredibly lucky and got four black pearls. I needed six black pearls to complete my robe for my Master Artisan badge. I was settling in to collect ninety black lotus to use my Transmute Black Lotus recipe. Don't give up and work on it for a while every day. This is my second time through this process. It is much easier as I knew what to expect. Boy is is sweet when you finally get your badge. :D

Megan F

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
i agree i had hunted black lotus from one ms street and got only like 40+ lotus in a day and i needed like 120+( for transmute to black pearl) for just ONE ROBE man its harrashing.

But i'm on my last crafting quest for the Crimson Book Shelf thing is i need 6 PEARLS for each THATS A TOTAL OF 90 LOTUS PER ROBE if i'm lucky i may get a pearl while at it. :(

Defender
May 31, 2010
Okay, I understand the need for a challenge, but as a grownup, I'm getting frustrated trying to find or craft the Black Pearls and Black Lotus's. Now If I'm frustrated I can't imagine how some of our younger Wizards are feeling.

I have seen your complaint more than once on this board , whether it be pearls , lotus , scrap iron , diamonds etc.
What I don't understand is why do people work on quest that they are not enjoying? The crafting quest are "side" quest and are not needed to continue with the storyline. If your not enjoying it , why work on it ?
Personally , I like the crafting quest. I have completed the Master artisian with one of my wizards , and it was fun searching for the reagents I needed . I am looking forward to being able to craft more things in the game now. The things I wish to craft now , are going to be a lot more difficult and time consuming than the quest . Quest are too easy in comparison. From what I understand KI has already lowered the requirements once for questing going from 5 items to 2.
If your not enjoying the quest , which is not mandatory to complete , then I doubt you will enjoy crafting some of the other items in the game. so it seems you wouldnt make any use of that crafting badge once earned. and if your not happy , why do it ?

Explorer
Aug 20, 2009
ATTENTION ALL DISTRAUGHT CRAFTERS! THIS IS YOUR SOLUTION!

Black Lotus
First, if you haven't already, purchase Transmute Black Pearl from Toshio in Jade Palace. Next, go to Tree of Life and make sure you are alone. Once you are in, turn off friend teleports. You now have the whole instance to yourself!
You will see Hideo Kebo standing in front of a structure. If you notice, there are areas that wrap around the structure. Visit both the left and right side to find either Deep Mushroom (with a chance for Nightshade), Stone Block (with a chance for Fossil), a Wooden Chest, or BLACK LOTUS!

Next, go inside the structure and turn right. You will see a circular room with two enemies in it (Kakeda Spirit Slave, Rank 5 Fire). Occasionally, there will be some goodies in here, including BLACK LOTUS (with a rare chance for BLACK PEARL)! Stick to the walls and collect your goodies. Continue STRAIGHT and you should see another one of these circles. Do the same as you just did. Then, you should see the rear exit of the structure. Go out and it wraps around just like the front! You know what to do here. Next, reenter the structure and continue RIGHT to find 2 more of the circles with pigs in them. Collect goodies like before. After the second, continue STRAIGHT and exit the structure (you should see Hideo Kebo again). Leave through the Instance Entrance. Repeat this as desired until you get tired or have all of your BLACK LOTUS (If you find 0 Black Pearl, the Transmute recipe uses 15 Black Lotus to make 1 Black Pearl**) and/or BLACK PEARLS!

Blood Moss
First, visit Eudora Tangletree in Olde Town and purchase Transmute Blood Moss (15 Red Mandrake make 1 Blood Moss). Now, go to Nightside. When you get in, there is a graveyard to the immediate left of the Death School. The grave closest to the school (the one that's slightly further forward) has a spawn point for RED MANDRAKE (with a rare chance for BLOOD MOSS) behind it. If it is not there, look around the Death Tower, in the area near the Sunken City entrance. If it is not here either, cross the street and go on the right side of the Death School (aka go in a straight line). There is a small tree back there. To its immediate left is the final spawn point for RED MANDRAKE. There can only be ONE in the area at a time. If you find none, chances are someone beat you to it. Continue realm hopping (using "Perfect" realms) and looking in these same spots. After a while, even if you have 0 Blood Moss, Transmute all of the Red Mandrake you have**!

Hope this helps!

-Valerian DarkBringer- Grandmaster Necromancer- MASTER ARTISAN!
-Galen FrostFlame- Magus Thaumaturge- APPRENTICE CRAFTER
-Thomas DragonCaster- Initiate Theurgist- NOVICE CRAFTER

**= ALL Transmute recipes require a Card Crafting Station. Purchase one from the vendor on Krokosphinx Island, in Jade Palace, or in the Atheneum.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
MsSandy121 wrote:

I have seen your complaint more than once on this board , whether it be pearls , lotus , scrap iron , diamonds etc.
What I don't understand is why do people work on quest that they are not enjoying? The crafting quest are "side" quest and are not needed to continue with the storyline. If your not enjoying it , why work on it ?
Personally , I like the crafting quest.

I don't mind that's it hard, but they could have made it hard in a much better way to appeal to the real reagent hunters out there. To me, the heart of a crafter is to ALWAYS be on the lookout for reagents everywhere you go. The current crafts tend to make you find one good reagent spot and realm hop in that same place for 10 days in a row to get 100+ of the same reagent or rare reagent.

They should make the harder crafts about the diversity of different rare reagents you need from all over the spiral!

For example, instead of 8 black pearls and bunch of trivial other ingredients, how about 2 each of four totally different rare reagents. Next, make sure certain reagents are only found in very different parts of the spiral. If you had not been on your toes all along, you'd have to go all the back to get such a broad array of stuff. In the current mode, you almost don't have to bother stopping for anything till you hit the Black Lotus' in Mooshu.

With broader recipes, those of us true reagent hunters who paid attention all along the way would benefit the most. Those who did not would have to go back through all these old worlds.