Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Has anyone gotton Wraith's Deathblade to work

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 31, 2010

When my grand Wraith pet reached adult , he recieved the talent to "may cast death blade" . This was some time ago , the pet is now at ancient , and getting close to epic. He has yet to cast a deathblade , or any type of spell. I keep this pet with me constantly, and he has been in hundreds of fights with me. Whether bosses or street mobs.
I can't figure out why he wont cast that spell. Is it maybe his strength is too low or maybe another one ? or maybe he has to reach epic before he will cast it ? Does anyone know what it take to make him start using that talent ?
If you have a Wraith that does cast the spell for you , could you please post back with the age and their stats ? Maybe it will help me figure it out.

Thanks

Survivor
Mar 18, 2010
I have a zombie that is now epic. His talents are 5% more damage and 6%more accuracy for death spells. Also (may cast a death ward). Never has though. I use the zombie all of the time for the added benefit of the first two tallents. It keeps me as the hardest hitting death i have seen (35%).
So i dont know if this helps but i have never seen my death throw his ward and he is epic.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2010
MsSandy121 wrote:

When my grand Wraith pet reached adult , he recieved the talent to "may cast death blade" . This was some time ago , the pet is now at ancient , and getting close to epic. He has yet to cast a deathblade , or any type of spell. I keep this pet with me constantly, and he has been in hundreds of fights with me. Whether bosses or street mobs.
I can't figure out why he wont cast that spell. Is it maybe his strength is too low or maybe another one ? or maybe he has to reach epic before he will cast it ? Does anyone know what it take to make him start using that talent ?
If you have a Wraith that does cast the spell for you , could you please post back with the age and their stats ? Maybe it will help me figure it out.

Thanks

hey, its blake shadowwraith, lv.35 death, and do you know what color wand and amulet cards look like, you know, the blue, well, a card wraith will be that color and your wraith will cast it if you use it while is is in your hand, same with death blade,
hope i could help

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
The May Cast Talents for blades and traps appear to be bugged and never cast.
Shields and Spritely do cast.

Defender
May 31, 2010
tmann11 wrote:
MsSandy121 wrote:

Thanks

hey, its blake shadowwraith, lv.35 death, and do you know what color wand and amulet cards look like, you know, the blue, well, a card wraith will be that color and your wraith will cast it if you use it while is is in your hand, same with death blade,
hope i could help

Thank you for your advice , but maybe I didn't make myself clear , which I do apologize, I am not speaking of the spell cards in my hand that I cast , I am referring to the talents that my grand wraith pet has received. One of these talents is the ability to cast deathblade. My friend has a storm pet , and I have seen her pet cast spells on several occasions , so I was just wondering if their are other wraith pets out there with this talent , and it is working for them.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
I read this on some message board...

"Deathblade is a talent that may provide a Deathblade card."

So if I'm reading it right, the pet does not actually cast the spell, but rather gives the possibility of the card showing up during a fight for you to cast.

Very lame pet talent either way in my opinion.

I'm still trying to get a pet that has power pips, death accuracy, and death damage... 4th talent doesn't really matter if I get those 3.

UPDATE : I removed my Deathblade card from my deck and had dozens of fights. Deathblade never showed up in my deck from my pet like I thought it would. Broken?

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
Yes, I have a pet Death Troll that will cast a Death Ward -- or -80% death shield by himself before my turn. He has cast this ward several times, but I have noticed it is always in response to a particularly aggressive move made by the enemy. For example, when I surround myself with four +30% traps after unloading feints on the Gurtok Demon and Gurtok throws a Minotaur, which takes advantage of all four traps. My troll will usually toss the ward at that time. Notice I'm saying "Ward" and not "Wand."

I also have a pet Death Cyclops that will cast a Death Spell or a +40% blade under the same circumstances as above. The pet takes his turn right before my turn. It uses the same animation that is used when you cast a pet-based spell.

DeathBlossom.

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
May cast Blades, Traps and Bubbles are broken and will not cast.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
As far as I know Pet with May Cast blades, and or traps, will never cast them. There are Reports of shields being cast however. So if your pet actually receives the talent may cast and its a blade or trap, you might as well consider that a non Talent or wasted space. As it keeps you from getting a good talent. I think KI has done this on purpose because they don't seem real interested in fixing the problem. I have 2 pets with that talent and both have been the bank and retired because they have never cast anything.

I must say ... May Cast (blade, or trap ) is the worst Talent a pet can have. Maybe some day they will fix that, but If it don't come up at least once every deck of cards, meaning like every 40 cast, then the thing DON'T WORK, and is BROKEN. AND ALL THE MONEY YOU SPENT RAISING THAT PET IS WASTED !

Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
I agree with the other posters. I thought that having such a cool talent would make my pet great. I have a storm hound that may cast a Storm Blade. He has never cast the spell and he is Epic. I have used him for weeks. What good is a talent that never actually does anything?

I'm so disgusted with so many things regarding the pets. I honestly feel that the pets are nothing more than a way for KI to make a ton of money off of Mega Snack Packs.

We spend a fortune in time and money to train our pets only for them to "learn" talents that do not help us rendering the pet useless. Then we have to start over with another pet.

Seems to me that when I train my pet, I'm training him to do the things I want him to do. We should have at least a little control over such talents. For example, my Life Ninja Pig reached Epic and gained a Fire spell. A Fire spell?! What gives? It's a spell I'll never use, costs 3 pips, and I worked really hard to get to Epic for that?!

Defender
May 31, 2010
I have finally gotton my wraith pet to epic , was kinda hoping that maybe at epic he might use that "cast deathblade" talent. But *sighs* still a no go for the wraith . Currently I am plotting on how to properly kill a wraith pet , since he is already dead to begin with . My best idea so far is looking for some rope and dangling him over a lava pool in DS. Maybe that be enough of a threat to get him to stop hiding behind me ,, and cast a spell or two. His fizzles have gotton him into trouble more than once. If you have any ideas on how to kill an already dead death pet , would love to hear them. ; )

Seriouly , I am now considering trying to train one of my death trolls or possibly the death cyclops I have hanging around the house. I would much rather have an extra boost of a deathblade than a wraith card anyday. I do love the pip bonus. But thats the only good that comes from this pet.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
you know honestly that is not a death blade problem. I have the "may cast" feature on a few pets and have never seen it in action. I DID see it with someone else when the whole thing started. In fact i wanted it so bad i trained my pets. So while I am not unhappy with my pets stats I just think some of the "talents" are not active and only serve to take up a slot.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2008
Well what i guess is the problem is, is that one of the stats that opened that blade stat is too low. If you check your pets stats and put your mouse over the smybol and it'll say what that stat rasies or what it may unlock. so which ever stat that gives cards or stats like those it may be too low

Ex(just in case your a little confused): For a defender pig, if you raise its 2 specific bars and keep aging it, it'll come with risit stats up to 14 (this only happens with some of the defenders pigs, not all go up to 14)

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Its not true. I have epic pets and life blade simply has not happened. When I train my pets I normally train them to epic depending on the talents.

Life blade would have been an awesome talent so I trained them to max out everything. So that theory about needing more doesn't hold. At this point I would like to know who has the feature and if it works for them.

Defender
May 31, 2010
drakonio wrote:
Well what i guess is the problem is, is that one of the stats that opened that blade stat is too low. If you check your pets stats and put your mouse over the smybol and it'll say what that stat rasies or what it may unlock. so which ever stat that gives cards or stats like those it may be too low

Ex(just in case your a little confused): For a defender pig, if you raise its 2 specific bars and keep aging it, it'll come with risit stats up to 14 (this only happens with some of the defenders pigs, not all go up to 14)

ir
Well those stats all got maxed before I even started training this pet to epic , just by using normal dropped pet snacks. or it could have been very low 100/1000 epic score , I just know I had been training him for a very long time with all his stats maxed. I think most people do get the pets stats maxed way before they get to epic.
Some folks have said it was the threat, Now I have taken my death wiz down to below 100 health in battles hoping he would cast it , and nothing . I have chatted several people in the game I see with wraith pets asking them , Very few though do have the deathblade talent to begin with. But those that do , have never seen their pet cast it.
It is more than obvious that it is bugged. There is nothing more I can try, in order to get this pet to use his talent. I have just come to accept this bug , and hope I can train a different pet to get this talent and use it. But it is a bit discouraging after putting all that time into training this pet.
I do believe that what the pets stats are at say teen/adult/ancient determines what talent the pet will recieve. For my wraith , I did feed him a lot of huge ice creams I crafted besides the dropped snacks, to keep his strength up. and now , I am keeping more accurate notes when training my pets, maybe a pattern will form. I can only keep my fingers crossed that they will use the talents they are given.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Well said. I believe it might be a bug too, I would be interested to know if something is being done or if its being looked into. That is not an invitation to more members to answer, smile, I am directing that to KI.

Is this a bug or what? BTW my pet have the lifeblade not death blade and she has never cast it. She was also my first epic.

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
i can back that, i have sent in a bug report MOUNTHS ago, the "may cast" IS BROKE for deathblades. (based on thousands of total turns "many fights...")

but my myth imp can lay out more shields then a rice mill, ya ... it's seriously not cool also when you want one for your non death wizard for a good vamp if needed, not sure about trap laying "from pet" but i know my jade oni has also never casted a myth trap.

serious problem and an unfair disadvantive for those with these abilities, my sprite also if quite great, but when you don't need sprite and don't get a death blade, well, you won't get one from your pet, hope and change anyone? lol

or just deactivate spritely and all shields all together till these can be activated ... all togerher? seems logical enough

This will be addressed in our next update, hopefully before November 10th 2010.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
Armiger
May 10, 2010
kydor wrote:
I read this on some message board...

"Deathblade is a talent that may provide a Deathblade card."

So if I'm reading it right, the pet does not actually cast the spell, but rather gives the possibility of the card showing up during a fight for you to cast.

Very lame pet talent either way in my opinion.

I'm still trying to get a pet that has power pips, death accuracy, and death damage... 4th talent doesn't really matter if I get those 3.

UPDATE : I removed my Deathblade card from my deck and had dozens of fights. Deathblade never showed up in my deck from my pet like I thought it would. Broken?

May Cast: Your Pet will cast this, not you. May Cast are spells like:
Blades, Traps, Shields, Pierce, Sprite, etc.

Now, The Blades and traps do not work as of yet. But the topic is being addressed.

As far as Deathblade being useless? or a lame talent? How many people have death as a second school? How many people have hybird pets that have the wraith card? Now, get one of these to cast a death blade for you, use the new celestia schools to lower the pip costs, and you have a very very nice spell indeed.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2010
It's been a few months since the last post... this was never resolved with a definitive answer, so I am posting this to clear up the madness. I got my Wraith pet about a week ago and have trained it to Adult. It learned the Deathblade talent at Adult (May Cast [Death] Charm).

Over the course of playing for about 5 hours, my pet cast Deathblade on me 3 times. It's a very small percentage of the time that it casts, and the cast will come after all enemies have attacked and before your turn. If you have first cast in the round, it will happen before your spell selection. It does the standard pet cast animation. I was able to test my Deathblade along with the Deathblade that my pet cast, and both blades stack on the same attack. It is a +40% just like the normal Deathblade. I have a video if anyone doesn't think I'm correct. :) Enjoy.