Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

more places to be for a free player

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
lots of poeple like have more places to go to and more quest so you should add like another place to go

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
noaha13 wrote:
lots of poeple like have more places to go to and more quest so you should add like another place to go

For the people who choose to play free, I will agree on their part, but more free places = less money for KI. So I doubt it would ever happen. I think all Wizard city from killing Nightshade to doing Nightside should have been free.

All the time spent in WC if it where free, would help wizards of all ages to get the feel of the class/classes they pick. How their different spells work. How the game physics work, and fighting as a team. Especily in Nightside.

Wizard101 has a free to play area that everyone is invited to enjoy for as long as they want, however every school has a tuition.

If players wish to explore beyond Triton Avenue, they will need to purchase time in the game with a subscription, or areas in the game with crowns.

Remember, players can EARN Crowns!
Go to <a href="https://www.wizard101.com/game?context=iaf" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://www.wizard101.com/game?context=iaf</a> .
Follow the instructions and start Earning Crowns that will allow the purchase of Premium areas and items Wizard101.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I think Wizard101 would see more profit and revenues if there were a bit more free areas for free players to explore. Ideally you would want players to be able to get into the initial area of Krokotopia as well as to purchase a free area or two with crowns. The reason for this is that most free players are skeemish about whether they want to spend money on the game or if it would be worth it or if they would be better off buying a subscription or buying areas with crowns. The solution is to give them enough crowns that they can buy an area or two and drop their apprehensions about buying more access. You want them into the first area of Krokotopia as it is the second world on the spiral and once they are there they likely will want to explore the rest of it and if they have bought areas with crowns in the past (even if they were free to them) they are likely to be willing to purchase greater crown access or account membership.

Giving free players a bit more access should serve to increase game profits, not decrease them. You may disagree there, but lets look at the facts. Subscription games were about the only way online pay to play games operated at one time, it was then shown to be more profitable by going the free game route and letting people spend money in ingame shops and so their was an explosion of these so called free to play games. The idea of free to play sounded stupid to those that wanted to make profits at one time, but hey that is what got people to play them and those with money to spend spent tons of money. Allowing greater access encourages more and more people to spend money as they feel more comfortable with the game and advance their characters a bit more.

In short, I think the greed of Wizard101 is shooting itself in its own foot and decreasing profits and revenues it would otherwise have if it acknowledged that to get people to spend you give them a little bit more to draw them in more and feel more secure in their shopping choices.

Of course, if Wizard101 did do this, it would be very nice if players could not enter areas of the game that they have not yet advanced up to, or else you will have low level players purchasing upper level areas and teleporting to their friends to play in areas they really should not be able to yet reach. This presents the problem that players have bought access to those areas already so limitting access to those who should not be in those areas might sound like a problem, to resolve this crowns to such areas could be refunded or limitted access to world areas until quests are completed can be applied to only new accounts that are created and time will rectify the situation as it passes.

Historian
May 28, 2009
I aggre. Maybe free player can finish the game like all others but can't use ranked matchs and ranked pet races. And subscribers can enter some kind of special dungeons or special not-main quest places. Like candy world and more. I suggest a lucky spinner. Like all subscriber can enter and spin a prize whell. Each day they got a prize ticket. And they can also but a ticket with 150 crowns. Or maybe in character creator stuff, they can chose a draconian-human-free-transform stuff.