Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Practice Practice

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 29, 2009
There was a thread a few days ago called Conceited Grandmasters (I think it was in Ravenwood Commons), and I have come up with a solution!

Dun, da da dun, da da da duuuuuuuuun!

PRACTICE DUMMIES!

I think it should be an option with Diego, like a quest of some sort like the one for lvl 6. He says, "Do you want to practice fighting against a practice dummy? They are quite easy to defeat, as they do not bite! Just step inside the arena to begin!" The quest has a level 1 requirement and reappears like balloon ride tickets

When you go inside the arena there is a living puppet dude that says 'Practice Dummy rank 0 elite'. The dummy has 235 health and just passes so people can hit high without a lower level 'ruining' it, and they don't get accidentally pwned, which can happen. Just turn off friend ports and you are all set. I expect no objection. In fact the only objection I expect is:

Do we really need this?

Or:

I think YOU are the conceited grandmaster. There is nothing wrong with lower levels attacking your traps.

And I say:

This is just like a thing, OK? Just an idea, it didn't hurt anyone. Ideas will not use knives on you.
PS: I'm not a grand

Comments! I need comments!

Caroline Dawnrunner, lvl 48 Master Conjurer, Sword Saint, Private
Rebecca Duskglade, lvl 25 Adept Theurgist, Order of the Fang, Private

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
neopot39 wrote:
There was a thread a few days ago called Conceited Grandmasters (I think it was in Ravenwood Commons), and I have come up with a solution!

Dun, da da dun, da da da duuuuuuuuun!

PRACTICE DUMMIES!

I think it should be an option with Diego, like a quest of some sort like the one for lvl 6. He says, "Do you want to practice fighting against a practice dummy? They are quite easy to defeat, as they do not bite! Just step inside the arena to begin!" The quest has a level 1 requirement and reappears like balloon ride tickets

When you go inside the arena there is a living puppet dude that says 'Practice Dummy rank 0 elite'. The dummy has 235 health and just passes so people can hit high without a lower level 'ruining' it, and they don't get accidentally pwned, which can happen. Just turn off friend ports and you are all set. I expect no objection. In fact the only objection I expect is:

Do we really need this?

Or:

I think YOU are the conceited grandmaster. There is nothing wrong with lower levels attacking your traps.

And I say:

This is just like a thing, OK? Just an idea, it didn't hurt anyone. Ideas will not use knives on you.
PS: I'm not a grand

Comments! I need comments!

Caroline Dawnrunner, lvl 48 Master Conjurer, Sword Saint, Private
Rebecca Duskglade, lvl 25 Adept Theurgist, Order of the Fang, Private

So this post basicly means its ok for lowbies to waste traps? You must be guilty as charge. What most people do not see is when a grand places traps/blade combo, he/she wants to end the fight as swiftly as possible, and move onto the next boss. The game give us tools to utilize a fast kill, tis why these tools are in game in the first place.

Yes I have a couple of grands, and for me I do not care "to much"(depending on my mode) of a lowbie using a trap I had placed, What I do care about is when a Lowbie wands a trap I placed. This just ticks me off. This Ticks a lot of people off. If you have a spell use it, but do not wand it. It just does not make sence, why someone who can use a spell that matches the trap, why does the person wand the trap? Sure maybe the are waiting on PiPs, fine, Just PASS instead to gain the PiPs to use the spell that matches the trap.

I can understand wanding to break weeknes, but wanding to break weekness and attacking? Come on, people. If you have a spell that matches the trap use the spell simple as that, this is not rocket science.

So I think the term used on the countless post of lowbies wasting traps. Wasting traps to most people in game means wanding a trap. To me that is wasting.

I was in a battle with some other wiz, and all's they did was wand in Mooshu, he was around the Mooshu requriement level, because you can just tell what someones level is by either the badge under their name or the spell they can use.

So he was wanding away, and I said, "I am curious, how come all of your attacks are wands?" He said he forgot to equip his deck, which is understandable.( not sure how one can forget something like that)

The question remains: Did he actually forgot to do that? Hmmm

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
Well, I for one think your hypothetical objection has merit. Why would we need such a thing, and what would be the point. I understand the Diego quest for low level wizards, but practice dummies would be for what? Simply so a high level wizard could see what their max hit would be?

Now, as for lower level wizards attacking traps, that all depends on what you're talking about. If it's their best attack, and they've buffed it the best they could, then I'm fine with it. If they simply waste it with a wand attack or a level one attack then I'm not, as it's a complete waste. It wastes the trap, which I have a limited number of and can't control when I'll get another one, and it wastes the turn it took me to place it (meaning the enemy gets another chance to attack me). You also have to understand that traps are more important to some wizards. Necromancers, for example, heal when they attack. Their life stealing attacks give them 50% of the damage they do to their enemies. So, for Necromancers, attack boosts are a huge issue. If you keep using up a Necromancer's traps (especially feint) in a boss battle, you can get them killed since they really don't heal much in any other way. The worst thing you can do, however, is waste a prism with a wand attack. I've had that happen to me before, and I nearly died waiting for another prism to come up so I could attack the boss. I have no problem with lower level wizards joining my fights as long as they know what they're doing and think before they act. If they play well, they can tag along all day and collect all the drops they want. If not, I'm getting out of their and switching to a new realm if necessary.