Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

friend list glitch?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 25, 2008
how does this work, when someone is deleted off your friends list. can they still private message you? or does game need to be restarted for changes to take. cause i delete annoying people, but im still getting pm's from them even though they are not on my list. and my ignore button doesnt seem to work either. i submitted some bugs over 24 hours ago also and no response, so im gonna consider the staff's response time to bug submittals, or even if they care, a bug also.

Administrator
Hello!

Thanks for your note about the friends list. I think it's Malastaire's idea of a trick for treat. Our senior wizards have been working to expel this particular gremlin as it's particularly wiley (sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not!). We hope to have it resolved in short order!

Best advice is to be discriminating in who you accept as a friend.

Good luck & don't forget, the best way to reach me is via the "Ask a Question" tab above!

Survivor
Sep 25, 2008
ok great! thx. ill be patient then. and its really not an issue of choosing friends carefully, its the easiest way to avoid being reported, or being spammed with friend requests from immature people who just get mad if you hit the "No" button. Ill explain, a high level running through a low level area, if you hit NO, the same people will just keep spamming friend requests. Just hit Yes, zone to next area a minute later, then remove them. I find this saves alot of aggravation. Maybe to save everyone trouble, if you hit NO, maybe that should take away the person whose asking for friend request the ability to send another one, or put a timer on it. idk just rambling. as long as the friend list works the way it supposed to, im fine just removing unwanted spammers of friend requests.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2008
Stupid question maybe but what the heck: before you deleted them, did you send them a private message? Because if you did, they can hit the r key and reply back to you. It doesn't matter if they are on your friends list or not.
(When you have two wizards on your account, you can see for yourself. Talk to someone on your friends list, wait until they reply, switch to your other wizard and even if that one isn't on their friends list, you can continue the conversation.)
So when you send them a private message and then delete them, they can still reply to you - until they receive a private message from another wizard, then they can only reply to that one. Or until they restart the game, that stops them from replying as well.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2008
yes i am well aware of hitting the R key. no these are people that just spam requests as you run by. my point was i find it easier to just say yes and delete them later. this time someone was able to PM me anyway, but according to the second post there does seem to be a problem with this, so no need to try to figure out why, Mr. Lincoln said there was an issue, but thx anyway. I only bring it up because someone else in the forum said he kept hitting NO for the same person, and that person reported him. So i just try to avoid problems this way.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2008
just as an update to the staff people are able to teleport to you also even after being removed from friends list. :) just fyi.