Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do i get to Krokotopia?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Once you've got permission from the Headmaster, you have to go to Bartleby and he tells you to go in him and there is this door you go through. I don't remember what the quest was though. Sorry. :(

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
ulfpakki wrote:
seanryder01 wrote:
all you gotta do is beat lord nightshade or foulgaze,then you'll be asked to travel to krokotopia.

Sean Fireblade,magus pyromancer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've beaten Foulgaze and Nightshade aeveral times and still can't get to Krokotopia.

Amber Drakesinger
Where are Nightshade and Foulgaze even located?????????? I'm only level 13!!!!

Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
vhelly wrote:
ulfpakki wrote:
plumblossum wrote:
Hopefully, you have gotten there by now but if you haven't. You will get I thin after you defeat Nightshade or Foulgaze and then go to the Headmaster Ambrose. He will then send you to Bartleby in Ravenwood.

I/ve Beaten Nightshade and Foulgaze, several times, but they've never sent me to anyone to be sent to Barleby. Any further suggestions????

Cameron Drakecaster
You have to get the quest and have Merle tell you to defeat Nightshade. You get the quest by defeating Colosus,Firecat,Triton,and Cyclops.
How do you get into Colosus???

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
harvey418 wrote:
I AM FLAMING MAD cause i dont know how to get to Krokotopia. Who do I have to beat? I think its Kraken and 2 other people. Who do I have to beat? Wolf DeathRunner!
oyu ave to defeat kranken, melwena smite, this booger guy. this other girl i forgot her name and eyus maximus

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
you need to help the missing kids on cyclops, fire elf on fircat ally, and help save artur on triton avenue. then fight foulgaze, then lord nightshade. im adept. if it says novice...trust me. im in marlybone doing the oleary gang problem

thats wat you must do.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2009
Just go inside Bartly and go up to the door inside him and press X .Then you will be able to seleect the world you want to go.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
bowerz27 wrote:
I just subscribed and I want to visit the new places. Anyone know how to get there?

to get to kroktopia you have to finish Wizard City 8) the Headmaster(Ambrose) will give you the quest good luck ;)

Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
if you completed all the old town places and collosus boulvard and cant get to krokotopia you must first be the correct level... cant remember which level you must first be but thats why... if you reach level 20 and still cant go i think you should go to help and support... there is one ohter reason, go to the world gate inside bartbleby OR at your castle... it should say krokatopia click on it and press go to world. I hope this long letter helps

Brian bright
level 28 thumbaturge (ice)

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
you have to beat lord nightshade and go to the head master then the big tree in ravenwood and go in side him and go there :D

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
ok you have to finish all of the main quest in
wizard city
then you get sent to the main tree
with the key to the first wold you go to
you talk to the tree
he opens the gate way to the door
its mostly like a teliport pad but on a grander scale
you click on the door in the middle of the room
you will see the list of worlds you can go to
one is wizard city
the other is Krokotopia
when you get there
step out of the door way
talk to the salamander
remeber him beucase there is a quest for him later on
its for a fire gem in the dragon cave you couldnt get into
before the gate will open when you get this quest

step out sit to the main commons of Krokotopia
to your right is the games
in front of you is a small pond
to the lefted of you is the storm temple
the big building in front is the main part where
you will have many of your battles and quest

now there are shops here and such look around twon before going into the main building

other side notes
look every where for craft making items
most common found clay bricks/iron/ some times diamond
make good use of your X spell this is where you can come back to
rather than make your character run 20 plus feet to get back to
the requested NPC
walk close to the sides

spells and what nots
this place deals alot with fire magic
so they tend to have ice sheild spells
the other spell class is blance mostly for the stone men that walk the hall way

I am still on the quest to defeate the narnini family
and free the salamander people from them
I think after that I can go use the ship to see niles
he is the tree on the floating Iland

DO NOT FOR GET!!
do as many side quest to your story that your on
you will end up with rare items due to not that
many do the side quest ^_^"

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
ulfpakki wrote:
seanryder01 wrote:
all you gotta do is beat lord nightshade or foulgaze,then you'll be asked to travel to krokotopia.

Sean Fireblade,magus pyromancer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've beaten Foulgaze and Nightshade aeveral times and still can't get to Krokotopia.

Amber Drakesinger

Have you explored Nightside yet? 8)

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009

Have you explored Nightside yet?

well I sort have tho you need to have a party
of wizards to safely get threw the area

since its a area where you can not save
but you should find the board that talks about that than post here

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
zenimoonchild wrote:

Sorry, but Nightside is the area where the death school and the death tree is located at.

Sunken City is the dungeon whose entrance is found within Nightside.

You do not have to do Sunken City to gain access to any of the worlds in the spiral.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
zenimoonchild wrote:

Sorry, but Nightside is the area where the death school and the death tree is located at.

Sunken City is the dungeon whose entrance is found within Nightside.

You do not have to do Sunken City to gain access to any of the worlds in the spiral.

Yes I know you dont need to pass this quest
I was just posting you might look for
a board posting on that subject
since the encounters there are very hard on you with out
a party to back you up
I have gotten as far as the item needed to open the gate
but i cant long in my game will not load
or i would have done it by now

Survivor
May 05, 2009
As you progress through the game, eventually the headmaster will give you a quest to defeat Lord Nightshade. After you defeat him, go to the headmaster and you will get the quest to talk to Bartelby. He will let you go inside him where the Spiral door is. Walx up to it and press x to open all the worlds. Click on Krokotopia and then press "go to world'. Hope this helped :D

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
There is NO LEVEL REQUIREMENT in order to get to Krokotopia.

You must complete the main storyline quests for:
Unicorn Way
Firecat Alley
Triton Avenue
Cyclops Lane

Once you have done that, Ambrose will give you 2 quests. One is to do Collusus Blvd. The other is to defeat Foulgaze to retrieve the key to the archives room.

Once you have defeated Foulgaze and returned to Ambrose, he will tell you to defeat Lord Nightshade and retrieve the books stolen by Malistaire.

Once you defeat Lord Nightshade, you will recieve a note and another key. You then go back to Ambrose, who reads the note and tells you that there is a secret area behind the waterfall by Rainbow Bridge. He gives you the key and ask you to explore the area.

You go to the area behind the Rainbow Bridge and go thru the door (this is area is called Nightside). You discover the Death School and speak to Dworgen. You then go back to Ambrose. He will then give you the Spiral Key needed to get to Krokotopia.

You go to Bartleby and enter him. Go up to the door in the middle of the room and hit "X". You can then select the world you wish to go to.

You do not have to do Collusus Blvd in order to get to Krokotopia, but you will have to do it to complete the Smith quest and the Book quest.

If you talk to the girl in Nightside, she will ask you to hand in her report to Professor Drake (Myth teacher), who will then ask you to get a cyclops monacle. When you go back to the girl, she will ask you to help her find proof that the Grub exists. This quest is Sukin City, then dungeon who's entrance is found in Nightside. I would highly recommend doing Sunken City at a much later time.

You must also be a current subscriber, or have paid crowns to open up the Krokotopia area.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
harvey418 wrote:
I AM FLAMING MAD cause i dont know how to get to Krokotopia. Who do I have to beat? I think its Kraken and 2 other people. Who do I have to beat? Wolf DeathRunner!

what i did was i defeted triton avanue, firect ally and cyclops lane

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009

First of all you need a subscription. Then you have to beat Firecat Alley,
Cyclops Lane, and Colossus Blvd. THEN you can go to Krokotopia. 8)

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
plumblossum wrote:
xXRaikouXx wrote:
basically, beat colossus boulevard.

Colossus and Sunken City are two Wizard City Places that aren't required to play in order to get to Kroktopia.

Colossus is fun, try it anyway. Sunken City is scary and tough, DON'T ever do this one alone.

Hehe, I finished sunken city by myself on my death wizard :3

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
xXRaikouXx wrote:
basically, beat firecat alley, triton avenue, cyclops lane, and colossus boulevard. also unicorn way.

Actually no. UNLOCK colossus blvd and do the foulgaze quest. Then do Lord Nightshade quest and then you will unlock krok.

David Thunderrunner
lvl 18 balance/fire.
don't let the sand get to you!

Survivor
Apr 06, 2009
bowerz27 wrote:
I just subscribed and I want to visit the new places. Anyone know how to get there?

first you have to beat unicorn way.then you will have to talk to the head master.then you have to beat the three streets (fire cat ally,cyclpos lane,trition ave).you get those quest from the gaurd.the when you complete those you will get a quest to see the head master.he will tell yu to go to balterby (spelling).he is the tree in ravenwood.and from there you go to krock

hope this helps
-megan level 50 grand master in fire

Explorer
Mar 01, 2010
When you beet the 3 streets from old town, ambrose will give you access to colossos bulovard and a quest. Defeat The boss in the sappyras tower in old town then talk to ambrose. You will get the badge "Savor of Wizard City" and access to Krokotopia.

Survivor
May 03, 2010
I think it's Lord Nightshade in some tower in Olde Town. After beating him, go to Merlee Ambrose and you'll receive the quest Krockotopia. Go to Bartlby and go to the stairs inside of him. Go to the door, Click on Krockotopia, and your there! I hope I helped.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
plumblossum wrote:
xXRaikouXx wrote:
basically, beat colossus boulevard.

Colossus and Sunken City are two Wizard City Places that aren't required to play in order to get to Kroktopia.

Colossus is fun, try it anyway. Sunken City is scary and tough, DON'T ever do this one alone.
So THAT'S why it was so hard for me... I basically Soloed Sunken City. At level 16. :D Or maybe 18. :D