Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ban Dispel and Beguile Spells in PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2009

Hi KI,

I think it's better to ban Dispel and Beguile Spells in Arena, coz it will only benefit the Wizards who go first in a Duel. The Wizards who go first in a duel already have a high chances of winning (like 80% of the time they will win), plus they are given an advantage of using these Dispel and Beguile Cards which doesn't really make sense.

There's really "no" benefit of these Dispel and Beguile Cards if you go second in a duel, so I think it's better that these spells should not be allowed in Arena.

KI believe me, PvP is supposed to create fun and excitement, but with these Dispel and Beguile Spells, it will ruin the fun and creates frustration.

Additionally, trust me KI, if I play 4v4 and we go first, and if we keep on using Dispel cards and especially Beguile spells to their Life Wiz, and let us say we defeated them, and the end of the game, believe me, our opponent will not say "Good Game", and will say instead bad words "If Only They Could", and I can't blame them since Wizard101 PvP is really unfair with the existence of these Dispel and Beguile Spells.

Help me out Wizards!!! Let's bring this PvP into a fair duel by having KI ban this Dispel and Beguile Spells in Arena.

Thanks!

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
kristianwildtree wrote:

Hi KI,

I think it's better to ban Dispel and Beguile Spells in Arena, coz it will only benefit the Wizards who go first in a Duel. The Wizards who go first in a duel already have a high chances of winning (like 80% of the time they will win), plus they are given an advantage of using these Dispel and Beguile Cards which doesn't really make sense.

There's really "no" benefit of these Dispel and Beguile Cards if you go second in a duel, so I think it's better that these spells should not be allowed in Arena.

KI believe me, PvP is supposed to create fun and excitement, but with these Dispel and Beguile Spells, it will ruin the fun and creates frustration.

Additionally, trust me KI, if I play 4v4 and we go first, and if we keep on using Dispel cards and especially Beguile spells to their Life Wiz, and let us say we defeated them, and the end of the game, believe me, our opponent will not say "Good Game", and will say instead bad words "If Only They Could", and I can't blame them since Wizard101 PvP is really unfair with the existence of these Dispel and Beguile Spells.

Help me out Wizards!!! Let's bring this PvP into a fair duel by having KI ban this Dispel and Beguile Spells in Arena.

Thanks!

Interesting point I think what my cousin brought up to me!!!

So actually KI, don't ban Dispel Cards in Arena! Still make it work but just don't remove the Pips (just make a Wizard fizzle and that's all). If the Pips are not remove, then I think this will be acceptable to most Wizards if they go second in a duel.

With the Beguile Spell on the other hand, still ban this Spell for sure, for it will only benefit the Wizards who go first in a duel.

Thanks!

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
If you get beguiled just pass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
PvP is just too unplayable and they don't fix it, it isn't enough that the team that goes first gets to see the negatives that are on them, effectively get a free pip in comparison to the team that goes second, but they also get to dispel and beguile everything without warning... to me this is an end game killer

Survivor
May 20, 2009
xD lol this is one of the funniest complaints i have ever seen (there are still worse)

Ok here is the problem with this and other complaints you dont see it from the other side. Dispels weakness ect. are just part of the game. as annoying as it is to lose by a good strategy there is nothing wrong with it just cause spells are strong or have good effects ect. there is nothing wrong. Trust me the game would be very annoying without dispels and weakness beguile whatever. Cause like chain stunning the change will effect the real game not just PvP. Why it will effect the real game cause PvP works on the same rules as the real game. I cant really talk longer getting kicked off the computer but i will type more

Explorer
Jan 11, 2010
If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the arena and go pick black lotus or something.
Stop complaining about school spells. Beguile is a death school spell and there is nothing wrong with using it. If you were a death student and had the card, you would use it too.
Try stepping up your own game a bit and learning how to get around the beguile and you will be a better player for it.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
jtip7 wrote:
xD lol this is one of the funniest complaints i have ever seen (there are still worse)

Ok here is the problem with this and other complaints you dont see it from the other side. Dispels weakness ect. are just part of the game. as annoying as it is to lose by a good strategy there is nothing wrong with it just cause spells are strong or have good effects ect. there is nothing wrong. Trust me the game would be very annoying without dispels and weakness beguile whatever. Cause like chain stunning the change will effect the real game not just PvP. Why it will effect the real game cause PvP works on the same rules as the real game. I cant really talk longer getting kicked off the computer but i will type more

"Funniest complaint you've ever seen???" What are you talking about???

I have bunch of Wizards and all of them are Warlords and with complete Arena Gears. I know how the game works! I was just trying to make a point to be "fair" to the Wizards who go 2nd in a duel.

If you read my 2nd post, I've rephrased and said that to "still" allow Dispels but only make a Wizard 100% fizzle and not remove his/her pips, so in this way, it will be fair for the Wizards who go 2nd in a duel, coz it's only the Wizards who go second in a duel that will not be aware if a Dispel will be put on him or not - the Wizards who go first will always be aware. So if a pips are taken out, then it's really unfair for the Wizards who go second in a duel.

With the Beguile, I would rephrase what I've said before and say now to only allow the Death wizards to cast this spell. Again, this is a spell that will only benefit the Wizard who go first in a duel. Wizards who go first in a duel already have advantage, why add more advantages to them?

Thanks!

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:

Yes you can pass, but only if you go first in a duel, and if you are second in a duel and you are Beguiled, that's it, you can't pass!

Thanks!

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
KMK524 wrote:
If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the arena and go pick black lotus or something.
Stop complaining about school spells. Beguile is a death school spell and there is nothing wrong with using it. If you were a death student and had the card, you would use it too.
Try stepping up your own game a bit and learning how to get around the beguile and you will be a better player for it.

Hmmm... It seems like you are a death Wizard!

I know how the game is played!!! I have two Accounts with KI, and I've already 7 diff Wizards (plus one more Life Wiz) that are Level 50, and 7 of them are Warlords, and 6 of them already have the complete Arena Gears (the other one will get the boots soon). My point again is to just make the Arena game fair - be fair to the Wizards go second in a Duel.

I will not talk again about Dispel since you really didn't brought this up (just see my comment about Dispel to the other Wizard).

With the Death Wizards' Beguile, I've forgotten about this! I was mainly referring to the Treasure Card Beguile that is being used by everyone against the Wizards who go second in a duel. So I would say that KI should not allow the Treasure Card Beguile in Arena for the Sake of the Wizards who go second in a duel, and let only the Death Wizards allow to cast this Spell since they do really own this Spell.

With the current situation in Arena right now, in a team play, what is the winning percentage of the Wizards who go second in a duel if they are match with a good team as they do?

Thanks!

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Please for the love of your God or Goddess, stop complaining. First or second go, you can pass no matter what. I have got around bangle so many times it's not even funny. Even as a Death Grand I find that card useless, since it's so easy to get around.

Same with the new disple card. All I have to do is use a very low lvl healing card, or whatever card they wish to block to get rid of it. I mean, with my balance guy, all I do is cast sprite and get ride of the disple card easly. And I have more healing cards like that in my hand. All what it does is make me fizzle with a weak card and get rid of a normal pip to be replaced by a power pip. You can do that with any of the disple cards.

Honestly, they are not that much of hazard. They are very easy to get around. First or second go.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2009
I dont have a problem with beguile, as long as its from a death wizard and not someone who bought it from bazaar.

The dispels can be problematic when everyone on the other team is throwing life dispel making it more of Who can throw the most dispels first, rather than a question of skill class vs skill class. Maybe if dispels were limited to each wizard class to learn only their own and they werent available through bazaar? That might make it a bit more fair in pvp.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
OddIzzy wrote:
I dont have a problem with beguile, as long as its from a death wizard and not someone who bought it from bazaar.

The dispels can be problematic when everyone on the other team is throwing life dispel making it more of Who can throw the most dispels first, rather than a question of skill class vs skill class. Maybe if dispels were limited to each wizard class to learn only their own and they werent available through bazaar? That might make it a bit more fair in pvp.

both storm school and life school are hit hard with dispels and beguiles... storm school is sick to play in multi player pvp as one pip storm dispels can be bought cheaply by anyone at the bazaar... that in order to get either dispels or beguile to be effective rather than avoided at little detriment if your team goes first rather than if your team goes second completely ruins pvp in my opinion and makes it completely non-playable, and the game non-recommendable to the general MMORPH population that largely demands a PvP element in any MMORPH game... for these reasons Wizard101 did not get my vote in the last game of the year voting competition

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
I have been dispelled and beguiled in second and won in BOTH circumstances. No problem here

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
once again I support this... all spells that are effectively useable only by the side that goes first should be banned from PvP... dispels have made going last too much of a problem (expecially at 4v4 tables)

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
kristianwildtree wrote:

Hi KI,

Thanks!

Uh, dispels and Beguile spells is there for a REASON!
If you have Beguile, pass.
If you have a Dispel, use a 0 pip spell or shield.
DO NOT BAN BEGUILE AND DISPEL IN PVP PLZ KINGSISLE D:.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
nijac wrote:
kristianwildtree wrote:

Thanks!

Uh, dispels and Beguile spells is there for a REASON!
If you have Beguile, pass.
If you have a Dispel, use a 0 pip spell or shield.
DO NOT BAN BEGUILE AND DISPEL IN PVP PLZ KINGSISLE D:.

Your missing the point. What you suggest works fine if your going first, but if you go second there is no defense against beguile or dispel. The best chance you got is a lucky guess.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
People seem to forget the life dispel works no matter what school and place

Explorer
Apr 28, 2010
kristianwildtree wrote:
KMK524 wrote:

Hmmm... It seems like you are a death Wizard!

I know how the game is played!!! I have two Accounts with KI, and I've already 7 diff Wizards (plus one more Life Wiz) that are Level 50, and 7 of them are Warlords, and 6 of them already have the complete Arena Gears (the other one will get the boots soon). My point again is to just make the Arena game fair - be fair to the Wizards go second in a Duel.

I will not talk again about Dispel since you really didn't brought this up (just see my comment about Dispel to the other Wizard).

With the Death Wizards' Beguile, I've forgotten about this! I was mainly referring to the Treasure Card Beguile that is being used by everyone against the Wizards who go second in a duel. So I would say that KI should not allow the Treasure Card Beguile in Arena for the Sake of the Wizards who go second in a duel, and let only the Death Wizards allow to cast this Spell since they do really own this Spell.

With the current situation in Arena right now, in a team play, what is the winning percentage of the Wizards who go second in a duel if they are match with a good team as they do?

Thanks!

Beguile treasure doesn't work. I have tried countless times not only in the arena but in PvE and it doesn't work. Plus have you see how often they are sold? They only come in the Eye of Bartleby booster pack which costs crowns. Beguile only works on death wizards so if you can't beat them, join them. Pls don't ban beguile cause despite the fact that I lost my rank to some beguilers i still think it's death's strong point in PvP and it would'nt be fair to ban a school's strong point like Balance with Judge, Storm with Lord or Tempest, Death with Beguile, Myth with Orthrus, Earthquake, Minotaur and Pierce, Ice with Ice Armor, Tower Shield and Giant, Fire with Dragon, Steal Charm or Heck Hound or Life with most of our heals and Guidance. PS: I said "our" in Life cause I am Life.

Survivor
May 20, 2010
kristianwildtree wrote:

Hi KI,

Thanks!

I agree a hundred percent i think beguile is unfair in pvp and guess what i have a death character so all people with death chars dont get mad at me but its the truth. it is so unfair especially when the death guy on the other team continuously beguiles your team. i just lost a rank because of this on my storm so i have a right to be upset
kiera nightrider-lvl 60 death
kiera nightrider lvl 60 storm
marissa nightshade- lvl 52 life

Armiger
May 10, 2010
julieisawizard wrote:
kristianwildtree wrote:

Hi KI,

Thanks!

I agree a hundred percent i think beguile is unfair in pvp and guess what i have a death character so all people with death chars dont get mad at me but its the truth. it is so unfair especially when the death guy on the other team continuously beguiles your team. i just lost a rank because of this on my storm so i have a right to be upset
kiera nightrider-lvl 60 death
kiera nightrider lvl 60 storm
marissa nightshade- lvl 52 life

Wait, wait, don't move! I have called you a whambulance, should be here shortly.

You lost to Beguile? and you are a PvP Warlord? What, did you get a blue light special on warlords for a day? How is beyond me if you have a problem with simple things such as beguile and dispel. Oh well, the whambulance is here, I hope your pride feels better, but your lack of judgment is shot because of it.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
I've been hit by beguile, very rarely but it has happened. Not a big deal. It only lasts for one turn, or 2 max, I forget. This whole thing about beguile being banned is a horrible idea.

Ban dispels? No way. it is not a guarantee that your opponent hitting you with dispel will have the desired effect. Unless you are completely predictable in how you play then yes, dispel will bug you and you will lose all your pips. Big deal. You push through it and do your best to work around that. If you didn't train some of the most important spells in the game to handle being in PvP, that is entirely your problem. Buy back your training points with crowns, and grab what you need to hold your own against the competition.

Dispel removes pips because the spell is absorbed. It's not an incomplete cast like a fizzle. They are different and the removal of pips, when hit with dispel should stay. Besides, your opponent cant read what you will cast. There is still a chance that what was dispelled was maybe just a trap or a blade. You still have your hit and your pips.

Also remember that it costs pips to cast a dispel! So if you opponent is doing nothing but casting dispel cards, they aren't really acting offensively. So you're still ok.

Train tower shield and weakness. You wont last very long without these spells. Whatever direction you take after grabbing these fundamental spells in PvP combat, is up to you.

Get over dispel and get over beguile. And try to understand the structure of your school to use it in the most effective manner. This also means understanding the strengths and weaknesses of other schools

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
KMK524 wrote:

Iam not even going to read the rest of the posts you know why?

because you hit it right on the head,they need to step up there own game!!
thank you for this post you saved me a lot of useless reading lol.

M.RedBlood death lev 60

Survivor
Sep 07, 2010
as a death wizard i do not get hit with dispels very often, but i do think they need to be adjusted. they just give whoever goes first a landslide of an advantage if they set their deck up for it. i personally run no dispels as i find going first to be enough to tip the scales in my favor 9/10 times and i would rather set my deck up assuming i am going second.

also pve is so easy in this game i don't see how anyone can seriously be worried about the impact changing/removing dispels would have on it.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Ban beguile? Oh no! I need that spell for the wizards that are higher than my death character is! I don't use dispels much though. I don't think ANY of the spells should be banned from PvP at all.

Caroline Sunbright level 60 life
Laura Iceheart level 60 ice
Brittany Rainriver level 45 storm
Emily Spiritriver level 42 death
Nicole Jadesword level 33 balance
Alexandra Redleaf level 16 fire
Miranda Starbringer level 10 myth

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:

How can they pass if they already attacked?
Fizzle chances would be a good idea for this mess