Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

jade oni drops

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 25, 2008
hi, while im not passing this off as fact, i found it interesting enough to share with the community.

first fight- jade oni's amulet of duplicity - gives hydra card
second fight - jade oni's amulet of duplicity - i sold this one
third fight - jade oni's amethyst blade - this is the storm sword
fourth fight - jade oni's boots

these fights were consecutive, one after the other.
my job is life/storm i'm level 44, the factor i think for the good drop rate? i soloed him. when i fight him in a party i get garbage drops. im going to start fight five now, and maybe a few more tonight, if the trend continues ill edit the post. thx for the read.

Survivor
Oct 05, 2008
i was wondering if you could tell me where a fire sword could be at i also noticed that if you fight bosses by your self that you get better drops, keep on fighting by your self your freind valerian dragon

Survivor
Jul 13, 2008
You have no idea how much I wish this was true. I'm a level 46 Death/Ice Wizard. I have fought the Jade Oni over 40 times in the past two weeks, mostly soloed but with a group too. I have never received the Amulet and only just won the Storm sword this past weekend.

Sadly, sharing my experiences with friends in game and comparing notes with them, I have found that the drop ratio differs with each person. While some Wizards seem to get multiple drops at every turn, others (like myself) are having a very difficult time getting much of anything.

I wish somebody could tell me what I'm doing wrong or what other people are doing right.

Administrator
Hello Wizards!

I wish I could tell you there was a right or a wrong way to get the items. The fact is that drops by the Jade Oni are very rare and it really just depends on luck! Do not fret though, your chance will come!

Survivor
Jul 13, 2008
Thank you Mr. Lincoln. Don't worry, I will not give up my quest for the drops. I did finally get the storm sword and have moved onto the Tree of Life for the elusive Balance and Myth swords. I'll probably be living in that tree for the next three weeks but I will get them.

I must say though that it is quite frustrating when you're battling for two weeks straight and a friend ports into your battle halfway through and picks up the sword. Then you both go right back in and fight again, and that friend picks up a second sword.

I have another theory that the bosses favor the boys. Of all the friends I have made, it seems that the boys have a really easy chance of getting any drops while the girls don't. What do you have against us girls? :?

8)

Survivor
Sep 23, 2008
grendle wrote:
hi, while im not passing this off as fact, i found it interesting enough to share with the community.

first fight- jade oni's amulet of duplicity - gives hydra card
second fight - jade oni's amulet of duplicity - i sold this one
third fight - jade oni's amethyst blade - this is the storm sword
fourth fight - jade oni's boots

these fights were consecutive, one after the other.
my job is life/storm i'm level 44, the factor i think for the good drop rate? i soloed him. when i fight him in a party i get garbage drops. im going to start fight five now, and maybe a few more tonight, if the trend continues ill edit the post. thx for the read.
I am lvl 45 and i have fought the jade oni like 40 times but i cant get sword i only got the amulet of duplicity :-( why dont i get sword?

Survivor
Jul 27, 2008
Glowfire wrote:
Thank you Mr. Lincoln. Don't worry, I will not give up my quest for the drops. I did finally get the storm sword and have moved onto the Tree of Life for the elusive Balance and Myth swords. I'll probably be living in that tree for the next three weeks but I will get them.

I must say though that it is quite frustrating when you're battling for two weeks straight and a friend ports into your battle halfway through and picks up the sword. Then you both go right back in and fight again, and that friend picks up a second sword.

I have another theory that the bosses favor the boys. Of all the friends I have made, it seems that the boys have a really easy chance of getting any drops while the girls don't. What do you have against us girls? :?

8)

glow,
i am sorry to hear that you have been having trouble getting drops, my heart goes out to you. as far as them liking boys, i might have to agree with you on that. i myself, a boy, have all but one sword, jade oni ironic enough, and have recieved approx. 12 drop pets through my wizardly travels. i do most of my battling with a female friend who struggles to get drops. we have tried multiple combos as far as spells, wizard placement and so on, and i still seem to recieve a drop more often then she does. i do however feel your time will come. keep your head up high and hope you dont get "lost" in the drop drama. "mix" it up a little try doing things in between the certain boss battles to break up the repetiveness. maybe saome day there will be a super rare drop like a "monkey", which you can name "Jo", or something and you will get it before all of your friends. "K" hope that helps. see you in the wizard world.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2008
Bit of info for the Mooshu Swords... Im sure you know most of this but for those that were asking...

Swords in Mooshu

Name - Tomugawa's Onyx Blade
School - Death Only
Land - Mooshu
Location - Ancient Burial Grounds
Boss beaten - Tomugawa

Name - Ruby Blade of the Forest
School - Fire Only
Land - Mooshu
Location - Hametsu
Boss beaten - Oakheart

Name - Death Oni's Peridot Blade
School - Myth (Any School)
Land - Mooshu
Location - Tree of Life
Boss beaten - Death Oni

All 3 are:

Level 40
5 Cards
90 Hit Points
+1 Power Pip

General List -

DEATH SWORD-tomugawa-ancient burial grounds
LIFE SWORD-otomas-village of sorrow
FIRE SWORD-oakheart-vilage of sorrow
BALANCE SWORD-death oni-tree of life
MYTH SWORD-death oni-tree of life
ICE SWORD-plague oni-shritaki temple
STORM SWORD-jade oni-jade palace

Survivor
Jul 15, 2008
Glowfire wrote:

8)

I found this hilarious, although i didnt port in half way through, I didfight smogger ONCE and he respawned and I got the fairy twice (I'm male) and my female friend took over three weeks and over 50 Katz lab solo's before getting one! Lol :)

Also I teleported to a friend, got in the battle and then got the sword (Happened on 2 seperate occasions, one with a female friend other with a male when I ported in and took the sword :))

Survivor
Jul 15, 2008
Yellowledbetter wrote:

glow,
i am sorry to hear that you have been having trouble getting drops, my heart goes out to you. as far as them liking boys, i might have to agree with you on that. i myself, a boy, have all but one sword, jade oni ironic enough, and have recieved approx. 12 drop pets through my wizardly travels. i do most of my battling with a female friend who struggles to get drops. we have tried multiple combos as far as spells, wizard placement and so on, and i still seem to recieve a drop more often then she does. i do however feel your time will come. keep your head up high and hope you dont get "lost" in the drop drama. "mix" it up a little try doing things in between the certain boss battles to break up the repetiveness. maybe saome day there will be a super rare drop like a "monkey", which you can name "Jo", or something and you will get it before all of your friends. "K" hope that helps. see you in the wizard world.

O: In my mixed group of friends Me, 2 other male and 2 female. The male tend to get A LOT more pet and sword and rare drops while the ladies spend hours getting them. Except when with 4 of us (2 of each), 1 of each gender got a minotaur against Youkai >.< Not being me..

And Birdy..

OMG I DID NOT KNOW IT WAS YOU O_O

Monkey, K and Lost (me) are male and Jo (FISHY) and birdy (You) :-P

Ahahaha you confuse me..

Survivor
Jul 13, 2008
Aessa422 wrote:
Yellowledbetter wrote:

glow,

O: In my mixed group of friends Me, 2 other male and 2 female. The male tend to get A LOT more pet and sword and rare drops while the ladies spend hours getting them. Except when with 4 of us (2 of each), 1 of each gender got a minotaur against Youkai >.< Not being me..

And Birdy..

Monkey, K and Lost (me) are male and Jo (FISHY) and birdy (You) :P

Ahahaha you confuse me..

I'm a little confused by YOUR post. The above post that you quoted was not made by me. It was made by another member replying to what I was saying. And yes I'm very well aware of who Yellowledbetter was referring to in his/her reply.

In another attempt to figure out why some get drops and some don't, I removed all of my Zeke clothes and put on regular "dropped" clothing. I did this on Saturday. Since I stopped wearing Zeke garb, I have received the Jade sword, Death Oni Myth sword, two Kanyo Diggits, The Minotaur, and numerous Amulets, including the Jade Amulet.

I have come to the conclusion that it is Zeke that does not like girls and has jinxed his girl clothing. 8)

Survivor
Jul 15, 2008
Glowfire wrote:
Aessa422 wrote:
Yellowledbetter wrote:

glow,

And Birdy..

Monkey, K and Lost (me) are male and Jo (FISHY) and birdy (You) :P

Ahahaha you confuse me..

I'm a little confused by YOUR post. The above post that you quoted was not made by me. It was made by another member replying to what I was saying. And yes I'm very well aware of who Yellowledbetter was referring to in his/her reply.

In another attempt to figure out why some get drops and some don't, I removed all of my Zeke clothes and put on regular "dropped" clothing. I did this on Saturday. Since I stopped wearing Zeke garb, I have received the Jade sword, Death Oni Myth sword, two Kanyo Diggits, The Minotaur, and numerous Amulets, including the Jade Amulet.

I have come to the conclusion that it is Zeke that does not like girls and has jinxed his girl clothing. 8)

Oh ok.. So I'm confused again ;P

Guessing it was monkey

Maybe I should try removing MY zeke clothes (even though I'm extremely lucky) and see how much more I get ;D

Survivor
Sep 02, 2008
lvl 48 cards can be learnt when dragonspyre comes out right now there is thats treasure card,jade oni dropped me scarecrow death lvl 48 card :D

Survivor
Jan 19, 2009
Hello Wizards!

I wish I could tell you there was a right or a wrong way to get the items. The fact is that drops by the Jade Oni are very rare and it really just depends on luck! Do not fret though, your chance will come! [/quote

Mr. Lincoln,

You might think that I am lying, but I am not. I have fought the Jade Oni at least 300 times and no luck getting the blade. Is it possible that there is a reason for this?