Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why's Storm>Ice and Fire?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 17, 2009
I've begun to realize that diviners seem to have two extra powerful spells, meanwhile all other schools only have one. Why is this? Storm wizards have both "Triton", and "Storm Lord" meanwhile Fire only has "Fire Dragon" and Ice only has "Frost Giant" Does this seem fair to any one of the pyromancers or thaumaturges? NO! Since these current spells deal multiple damage another should be added to fire and ice that deals a very large amount of damage like the "Triton" does. And another thing why does "Fire Dragon" only deal damage to opponents? "Storm Lord" and "Frost Giant" both dish out alot of damage BUT also STUN opponents! Shouldn't the Dragon do the same, or take out all shields and charms like "Earthquake" does, or at the very least steal charms from opponent(s), something, anything in addition to just damage! I'm sure all Wizard 101 players would agree that this is simply making the game fair to everyone as well as treating everyone equally. So let something be done about this ASAP and stop favoring storm over every other school so much cause thats how it seems right now!

Explorer
Aug 29, 2009
If every school had the same type of spells, then what would the point be of different schools?

The reason why storm has more is because their fizzle rate is much higher than any other school. Its very difficult to get a spell off to begin with, so when they do get it off, it packs a punch!

Any school spell can be powerful. Its up to you to buff them up with charm spells, etc.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
i know right? stormzilla is stronger than the helephant but it is the equivalent of the poenix in terms of pips. that doesnt make any sense. storm is kind of overpowered. o and you also forgot about wild bolt being an amazingly strong card. if it were not for my resist and over 2000 health it would take me out in one hit and wild bolt only takes 2 pips to cast! some may say that the wild bolt only has a 10% chance to work but this can be changed with the storm grand gear which adds an additional 15% and the 'sniper' card which adds on an additional 25%! top that off with a precision from the library that gives 20% and it is back up to 70% like all regular storm attacks. sure you may say that that seems like a lot but it really is not. all they need is a treasure card of the boosted wild bolt and a precision and they pretty much won the game. the other schools should have radical cards like wild bolt as well. then we would be on a more even playing field.

level 40 master pyromancer Nathaniel Titansword

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
TheMarksman wrote:
I've begun to realize that diviners seem to have two extra powerful spells, meanwhile all other schools only have one. Why is this? Storm wizards have both "Triton", and "Storm Lord" meanwhile Fire only has "Fire Dragon" and Ice only has "Frost Giant" Does this seem fair to any one of the pyromancers or thaumaturges? NO! Since these current spells deal multiple damage another should be added to fire and ice that deals a very large amount of damage like the "Triton" does. And another thing why does "Fire Dragon" only deal damage to opponents? "Storm Lord" and "Frost Giant" both dish out alot of damage BUT also STUN opponents! Shouldn't the Dragon do the same, or take out all shields and charms like "Earthquake" does, or at the very least steal charms from opponent(s), something, anything in addition to just damage! I'm sure all Wizard 101 players would agree that this is simply making the game fair to everyone as well as treating everyone equally. So let something be done about this ASAP and stop favoring storm over every other school so much cause thats how it seems right now!
storm and fire fizzles trust me I have both storm and fire people

Adherent
May 20, 2010
I doubt that a third of all serious players would take your position.

Just a few observations:

Storm doesn't have damage-over-time spells like Fire (3 spells) and Ice (1 spell) do.

Fire does have a stun spell.

Ice and Storm don't have a spell that takes damage to deal damage as Fire (Immolate) does.

Fire has just as many "big" spells as Storm, the top one just works differently, and it hits harder than Ice's (over time), which is why the Ice spell gets to also stun.

The game is remarkably well-balanced for all schools, in my opinion.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Fire has helephant and heck hound and can easily ignore shields. Even when playing with storm, fire players hold their ground quite well and definately don't look like they are lacking in damage dealing spells. Ice is supposed to be more about defense, you should not expect as many or as hard hitting spells on ice as fire and storm has.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Why do people always seem to compare the damage of other schools with Storm...the school of destruction.

Storm as implied by its name is DESTRUCTION therefore their spells deal out more damage, but it comes with a price. Just as a real storm, the school of storm is unpredictable with its high fizzle rate. It also grants low health.

Fire on the other hand is nearly as destructible but it is over time, just as a real fire would be. This makes it very difficult to shield against. It also has a slightly higher accuracy then storm. Fire wizards also get more health than a storm wizard.

Ice is focuses on defense. Signifying the hardness of Ice. The school of ice has the HIGHEST health in the game. Also the equipment they gain throughout game play adds resist to all, not just its specific school. Although their attacks are weak, they have the staying power to take hits that fire and storm cannot.

You mentioned storm having 'triton' and 'storm lord'. Fire has Helephant and Fire Dragon, which if you add up the damage over time, Dragon does more damage the storm lord.

Ice may only have "Frost Giant", but i think the massive amount of health they get more than makes up for the weaker attack.

Now, if you would give fire or ice the strong attacks of storm, they would be far overpowered and nearly unstoppable.

Also, if you want strong attacks like storm has, make a storm wizard, then maybe you will understand why that school has such strong attacks.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
If you paid any attention to the pluses and minuses of the different schools, you would have learned that Storm is the most powerful when it comes to dealing damage. This is compensated by their lowest health and least accuracy.

Fire's talent is damage over time, which if you paid attention, is what Fire Dragon does. Fire has the second highest damage attacks, second lowest health, and second lowest accuracy.

Ice's talent is defense. Their attacks are weaker in nature, but the Ice wizard has the highest health of all the schools. Besides the Volcanic Shield (Fire/Storm), they also have the very popular Tower Shield as well as Ice Armor (absorbs 125 damage per pip). Their accuracy is equal to that of Myth, and while their damage is slightly less, their more powerful cards are actually more damaging than myths.

You need to stop comparing the damage with other schools. Each school has it's own unique ability and the damage that particular school dishes out is only a part of what they can do.

Explorer
May 17, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
If you paid any attention to the pluses and minuses of the different schools, you would have learned that Storm is the most powerful when it comes to dealing damage. This is compensated by their lowest health and least accuracy.

Fire's talent is damage over time, which if you paid attention, is what Fire Dragon does. Fire has the second highest damage attacks, second lowest health, and second lowest accuracy.

Ice's talent is defense. Their attacks are weaker in nature, but the Ice wizard has the highest health of all the schools. Besides the Volcanic Shield (Fire/Storm), they also have the very popular Tower Shield as well as Ice Armor (absorbs 125 damage per pip). Their accuracy is equal to that of Myth, and while their damage is slightly less, their more powerful cards are actually more damaging than myths.

You need to stop comparing the damage with other schools. Each school has it's own unique ability and the damage that particular school dishes out is only a part of what they can do.

AND if you paid any attention you'd also understand that the strongest blows from fire dragon is the first hit so if thats blocked then resistances can easily block and significantly lower the little remaining amount damage thats left! So you need to understand that storm has every spell fire does and ice does and seemingly one or two more with great damage. Fizzles can easily be overcome with gear and enchantments so stop talking about every single spell because i'm only talking about the spells i first mentioned and how there's nothing to even begin to match them!

Explorer
May 17, 2009
Hanamana wrote:
If every school had the same type of spells, then what would the point be of different schools?

The reason why storm has more is because their fizzle rate is much higher than any other school. Its very difficult to get a spell off to begin with, so when they do get it off, it packs a punch!

Any school spell can be powerful. Its up to you to buff them up with charm spells, etc.

Fizzles can be overcomed a great deal with the right material but please focus on what i'm focused on i'm only talking about the top spells that i had mentioned no school should have more spells than any other with such a great difference because every spell has a counter-part for every school so tell me what is the conterpart for the triton, just as dragon and giant are storm lords counter-part

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
TheMarksman wrote:
Preacher7719 wrote:

AND if you paid any attention you'd also understand that the strongest blows from fire dragon is the first hit so if thats blocked then resistances can easily block and significantly lower the little remaining amount damage thats left! So you need to understand that storm has every spell fire does and ice does and seemingly one or two more with great damage. Fizzles can easily be overcome with gear and enchantments so stop talking about every single spell because i'm only talking about the spells i first mentioned and how there's nothing to even begin to match them!

Your original complaint and comparison was that Fire Dragon has no extra to their attack. I pointed out that you were wrong, that Fire Dragon did additional damage over the next 3 rounds.

You reply about "well if they're shielded, and have resistance, then it's useless" is rather pointless, as sheilds and resistances can also be contributed to all the other school attacks.

While fizzles can be reduced with gear and enhancements, the same applies to every other school, and gear offering high enough accuracy boosts aren't available until you are a much higher level ... meaning you have to deal with the higher rate a fizzling for much longer than the other schools. This still puts Storm at the bottom of the accuracy chart.

Storm
Thundersnake
Lightning Bats
Storm Shark
Kraken
Stormzilla
Triton
Storm Lord

Ice
Ice Beetle
Snow Serpent
Evil Snowman
Ice Wyvern
Frostbite
Collusus
Frost Giant

Fire
Fire Cat
Fire Elf
Sunbird
Meteor Strike
Phoenix
Helephant
Fire Dragon

These are the schools' attacks in order starting with the 1-pip cards to the 7-pip cards. I don't see Fire or Ice having less than Storm.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
TheMarksman wrote:

Dragon 'only does damage' because it does more damage then Storm Lord. It doesn't stun because it hits the enemy over four rounds and does about 700-800. Also doesn't Helephant count as a powerful spell? Other players may be able to learn it, but it is only going to be really useful to Pyromancers.

Explorer
May 17, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
TheMarksman wrote:
Preacher7719 wrote:

Your original complaint and comparison was that Fire Dragon has no extra to their attack. I pointed out that you were wrong, that Fire Dragon did additional damage over the next 3 rounds.

You reply about "well if they're shielded, and have resistance, then it's useless" is rather pointless, as sheilds and resistances can also be contributed to all the other school attacks.

While fizzles can be reduced with gear and enhancements, the same applies to every other school, and gear offering high enough accuracy boosts aren't available until you are a much higher level ... meaning you have to deal with the higher rate a fizzling for much longer than the other schools. This still puts Storm at the bottom of the accuracy chart.

Storm
Thundersnake
Lightning Bats
Storm Shark
Kraken
Stormzilla
Triton
Storm Lord

Ice
Ice Beetle
Snow Serpent
Evil Snowman
Ice Wyvern
Frostbite
Collusus
Frost Giant

Fire
Fire Cat
Fire Elf
Sunbird
Meteor Strike
Phoenix
Helephant
Fire Dragon

These are the schools' attacks in order starting with the 1-pip cards to the 7-pip cards. I don't see Fire or Ice having less than Storm.

Um are you unintelligent or something because helephant and collosus are the alternative to stormzilla not triton, because as you can see these spells can in fact be learned by anyone while on the other hand triton is only for storm so please dont attempt to speak up if all you speak is nonsense!

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
TheMarksman wrote:
Um are you unintelligent or something because helephant and collosus are the alternative to stormzilla not triton, because as you can see these spells can in fact be learned by anyone while on the other hand triton is only for storm so please dont attempt to speak up if all you speak is nonsense!

You're the one who's unintelligent and insists on wearing blinders.

I listed the elemental's schools damage spells in order of pip requirement, actually showing you that nothing was missing. So what if the other school can't learn Triton ... other schools can't learn Fire Dragon, Frost Giant, or Storm Lord. Other schools cannot learn some of Ice's specialty spells, such as Ice Armor (Ice's specialty is defense). Other schools can't learn Fire's Link, Heck Hound, Scald (Fire's specialty is damage-over-time). Storm's specialty is pure damage, and some of their specialty spells that cannot be learned by other schools are Wild Bolt, Tempest, and Triton.

Explorer
May 17, 2009
I listed the elemental's schools damage spells in order of pip requirement, actually showing you that nothing was missing. So what if the other school can't learn Triton ... other schools can't learn Fire Dragon, Frost Giant, or Storm Lord. Other schools cannot learn some of Ice's specialty spells, such as Ice Armor (Ice's specialty is defense). Other schools can't learn Fire's Link, Heck Hound, Scald (Fire's specialty is damage-over-time). Storm's specialty is pure damage, and some of their specialty spells that cannot be learned by other schools are Wild Bolt, Tempest, and Triton.

Since your so smart then tell me whats the alternative to triton for all the other schools then huh?! Just as all the other spells have the same thing

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
TheMarksman wrote:

Since your so smart then tell me whats the alternative to triton for all the other schools then huh?! Just as all the other spells have the same thing

storm has the only 6 pip spell that can not be learned by other people.

so he did it by pips not damage. just see all the other 6 pip spell in the schools. just because storm learns there 6 pip spell before there 5 pip does not make that much a diffence. ( remember storm has the highest damage )

Explorer
Dec 20, 2009
TheMarksman wrote:

Well Mister has to RESORT to Name-calling

Many have said Ice is all about Shielding and Fire is about avoiding Shields.If you took the time to read them you would undestand they would concentrate on those Two specialties!If Ice had Storms damage Spells then it would be unstoppable!It has at grand level Three thousand and something health So if we gave it Triton power-filled spells it would just blast and never had to heal!Ice's School Spells work on Imroving its Tank like qualities,they dont concentrate on Damage like Storm since they want to be The Best at what they are about,Tanking!All schools Have one or Two Specialties Ice has Tanking,Fire Going around Shields,Storm Intensive Damage,Balance a Mixture of everything,Life Healing,Myth Minion's and Double hit's,Death Steal Spells!
And while you Said "Um are you unintelligent or something" You were Trying to be the Superior Poster while Preacher is The Superior and you are Inferior[And In case you don't know what Inferior mean's,it mean's Lesser than the Other person].
Hope you figured something out or Falmea and Greyrose will come Explain why They dont have Triton Equalivent's.If all Schools Were the Same then there should be a main School called Awesomeness a Force of Every Single Spell in the Spiral!All spells have a Distinction that makes them different since not all spells are the color White Some have something different than the other Spell.As it seems your persistance is whats gotten you Sour faces,I hope you Listen to what all of us posted.

Storm Grand Gear Takes allot of farming so your Fifteen Percent boost doesnt come in untill later on!

Paleospy Peace!

Taylor LotusFist Lv.50 Diviner![Same Ol' Destruction ]
Knowledge is Limited Imagination is Endless
-Albert Einstien

Blaze BattleStrider Lv.30 Conjurer![Drake your now Nice! ]
Your Ability on the BattleField is Tested on how well you Fight and the knowledge if your enemies and Surroundings
-One of Blaze's Original

Taylor MoonGrove Lv.9 Thaumertauge [Lovin' Ice GreyRose ]
Embrace what you have been Given and Survive with it
-One of Taylor's Original

Wolf LotusFist Lv.2 Sorcerer [My teacher is a Dog ]
A balanced Breakfeast is good for the Warrior,Eat Krok'n'Fang O's a Part of a Balanced Breakfeast!
-Part of the Company of Wizard's Health Society also known as Cowhs[H gets replaced with an W when saying it] [thought all of this Seriousness needed a Nice Joke]

Explorer
May 17, 2009
Dont post if you don't understand the main point of the situation cause in case you dont know triton is obviously supposed to be one of the spells that has its counterparts cause its one of the main spells learned that are a part of the story line: "There were only DRAGONS, GIANTS and TRITONS!" Only the triton does different type of damage, but storm still has a spell replacing it in that category being the Storm Lord. So MR. UNINTELLIGENT JR. explain to me why nothing is there to be a counter-part to a spell thats a part of the main story line for fire and ice

Explorer
Dec 20, 2009
TheMarksman wrote:
Dont post if you don't understand the main point of the situation cause in case you dont know triton is obviously supposed to be one of the spells that has its counterparts cause its one of the main spells learned that are a part of the story line: "There were only DRAGONS, GIANTS and TRITONS!" Only the triton does different type of damage, but storm still has a spell replacing it in that category being the Storm Lord. So MR. UNINTELLIGENT JR. explain to me why nothing is there to be a counter-part to a spell thats a part of the main story line for fire and ice

Wait maybe I think your Confused here.The Tritons and Storm Lords are part of the Same thing.Collusus and Giants are part of the same thing.Dragons and Helephants are Part of the Same Thing.You Are Talking about Boris TallStaffs History Quests that isnt part of MainStoryLine for the Dragons Giants and Tritons Thing.Its Just that Storm Gets their rank 6 spell before fire and Ice but its Alternatives are Helephant and Collosus.

Rank 6 Spell Triton 7 StormLord
Rank 6 Spell Helephant 7 Fire Dragon
Rank 6 Spell Collusus 7 Ice Giant

Its just that Triton Is School Only and the thing about Storm Being Favored thats Wrong.That Comment About me being Unintelligent If I didnt laugh at I would totally Be saying My full arsenal Of Insults,I am Irl a Straight A student and Can finish My Homework in thirty minutes or less so that Comment Made me Laugh so Hard at how wrong it is. :) :-) :-) :D

Paleospy5 Peace

Survivor
May 12, 2009
Explorer
May 17, 2009

First of all congratualations on being a "Straight A" student in Kindergarten since your so proud of knowing such tiny words, keep it up i'm sure you'r making your parents so proud with your progress in the beginning of school, but you also have a very long way to go and it only gets harder so be prepared little guy. Secondly you should probably know that fire's ability to avoid traps isn't all that useful because the only spell that is truly good for that is Fire Elf because it starts with little damage and does most of its damage over time, however every other damage-over-time spell starts with alot then does little over time. Also damage over time is truly more of a weakness because traps have less effect, there are also another handful of ways to avoid traps with any school so this is nothing special. Finally if you haven't noticed by now the last spell that can be learned by anyone for storm is Stormzilla so no matter how many pips it takes to cast it, it's the counter-part for collosus and helephant not triton It takes one pip less to cast and still does more damage than both of those spells so please explain how thats fair or makes sense. Not to mention triton can't be learned by anyone but storm, yet they can learn the other "6 pip" spells if they wish in fact anyone can, once again please explain how that's fair or makes sense especially considering how much more damage it does. Now i understand yes it has its weaknesses in fizzling etc, etc. but it also shouldn't have damage exceeding the other spells by the 100's its just not right even if its "The School of Destruction"

Explorer
May 17, 2009
P.S. The beginning of any story is the most important part because it's where the plot takes place and begins to unravel and how everything came to be in existence without that there is nothing therefore the beginning of how the first 3 schools came to be is important and always a part of the main story line for anything