Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sunken City Nerf

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I decided to farm Sunken City a few nights ago for a wraith statue drop,and got quite a surprise. The entire instance seemed to have been nerfed! The encounters were fewer,and easier. The unavoidable encounters on the streets had been removed also. I could be wrong, but the mobs seemed to be far less tough as well. I completed the entire dungeon in about 15 minutes. What an incredibly huge disappointment it was. I always considered it to be one of the best low-level dungeons. It fostered team work and strategy from those to complete it. Now its just a sad sham of what it used to be. I see no reason why it was done. A terrible adjustment by KI on this issue in my opinion.

I didn't see any other threads about this, if it has already been mentioned.

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:
I decided to farm Sunken City a few nights ago for a wraith statue drop,and got quite a surprise. The entire instance seemed to have been nerfed! The encounters were fewer,and easier. The unavoidable encounters on the streets had been removed also. I could be wrong, but the mobs seemed to be far less tough as well. I completed the entire dungeon in about 15 minutes. What an incredibly huge disappointment it was. I always considered it to be one of the best low-level dungeons. It fostered team work and strategy from those to complete it. Now its just a sad sham of what it used to be. I see no reason why it was done. A terrible adjustment by KI on this issue in my opinion.

I didn't see any other threads about this, if it has already been mentioned.

it has been addressed, there is a "nerfness" throughout the spiral, it had a makeover to satisfy the kids who think the game was too hard. so KI made modifications to make the game less challenging for the rest of us. if you didn't like sunken city, don't go to the counter weight rooms on marleybonem total dissatisfaction. use to love going there. SAD KI, can we have two versions of wizard101, keep the present one for the kids and return the game to its former self and make it wizard102.

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:

I went to Sunken City last evening and was surprised and saddened to find the streets nearly baren.

In the past it was like "Frogger" to cross the street, now one is able to stop in the street without being attacked.

I understand the need to modify the game where necessary, but Sunken City wasn't tough. Too many players enter into a battle with inadequate armor and weapons and poorly designed decks. They have the expectation that they will always win no matter the boss that they are fighting and what they do. They have filled their decks with useless cards forcing them to discard those cards, while waiting for the ones they need. As a result these players run out of cards and end up being defeated, and then they complain and whine. :(

Rather than change Sunken City, I wish that KI would have made it a quest that required a higher level (perhaps 30) to enter. It is now so easy that one is able to defeat everything in the entire dungeon without a worry and in very little time.

greco55 wrote:
it has been addressed, there is a "nerfness" throughout the spiral, it had a makeover to satisfy the kids who think the game was too hard. so KI made modifications to make the game less challenging for the rest of us. if you didn't like sunken city, don't go to the counter weight rooms on marleybonem total dissatisfaction. use to love going there. SAD KI, can we have two versions of wizard101, keep the present one for the kids and return the game to its former self and make it wizard102.

I was equally disappointed with the modifications to the counterweight rooms. :(

The problem with a Wizard 102 is that people would complain about that one being too tough, even though they would have the easier version - Wizard 101.

I saw this very same trend with “Pirates” and as a result did not renew for that game.

I always looked forward to challenges which are unfortunately becoming fewer in number. :D

I like this game and hope that the changes reflect a desire to maintain a challenging time in the future worlds and leave the rest of the worlds to the players that need easier quests and the need to always win.

Have fun!!! :) :) :)