Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Myth Student - Seeks advice on Secondary

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
**I did post in the ~Myth Club~ thread, but have had no responses; additionally, the advice on secondaries is as old or older than June and I think there may have been some updates since then.**

I'm a new Myth student. I tried death, storm, and life - but Myth seems to be more my style.

I am now level 15 - young, but I am looking for a secondary school. It seems Life is the consensus for secondary on Myth? Or Storm if I want to do damage? Some have said Death, and (a few) have a said Balance.

I thought about Balance as a secondary, but the healing of Life (or Death, ironically) is tempting!! -Any advice would be great!

PS- I did read through all these Myth Club pages and thought I would ask again since the game does get updated & modified occasionally and there's something about "celestia" coming out (as of a June post) or something.

Cheers :D

Seth StoneTroll - usually on Pixie or whatever server is low population - look me up!

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
I'm a lvl 50 myth, and myth is my style too, my secondary school is storm, but most people get three schools in, so my third is life.

Brian Emeraldgrove, Savior of the Spiral.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Although my Myth Grandmaster was not my first, it is one of my favorites. I was surprised on how fun myth was to play. I often laugh when an enemy uses a myth shield or a tower shield. I always say it is their feeble attempt of protecting themselves against me. I love busting through shields.

As for secondary schools, I picked Life to Satyr and then moved on to Ice to tower shield. I also picked up spirit blades and spirit traps from Niles at the krokosphinx. Right now, after completing all the quests including the yard birds in GH i have 3 training points left. Using this combination, i have soloed many dungeons and towers. Including the secure house before the update that shortened it.

One of my friends also has a myth. He trained in death up to feint. When using his orthrus, he puts on two traps and two feints. The damage when he does that tends to kill almost any boss.

I learned as I raised in levels with all my wizards I relied less and less on my secondary schools therefore only train in the schools i feel will be useful later in the game.

All it really boils down to is your style of playing. Do you want defense, or damage? Or do you want a little of both?

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life
Hannah LegendStalker Level 50 Myth