Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what other training pts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
Im a lvl39 Death. Im looking forward to scarecrow and wraith spells. I have trained

ice up to tower
fire up to glacial shield
life up to legend shield

so I have all lores of magic covered in terms of shield. But in the one PVP match I played someone threw up a death/life shield which meant I couldnt prism my way past it. So seems like maybe having all the shields of every combo possible would be good to have.

But I dont want to waste training pts of which I will have a very limited number of going forward if there are more important considerations. Ive read people suggest balance traps/swords but they dont do anything for death spells so I dont see the purpose. Unless people are suggesting I use a different offensive spell in combination with those. Then the question becomes why do a necromancer if Im going to focus on a different schools offensive spell. Feint I can learn with training pts if I were a different type of mage.

While the storyline is fine and dandy. It runs out and PVP becomes sort of the end game.

1) So what are the most popular powerful schools for PVP. How do they approach PVP? How would I structure my training for PVP?
2) how would I approach PVP as death? How would I structure my training for PVP as death?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Training Life specifically for Legend Shield is a waste, in my opinion. The Death school already gives you shields for Death, Myth, and Life.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
where does death school get shields against death? I have a shield against myth/life. I dont see any shield against death.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
dbukalski wrote:
where does death school get shields against death? I have a shield against myth/life. I dont see any shield against death.

There is a trainer at the fairgrounds in Wizard City that trains in ALL the school specific shields, e.g. Ice Shield, Fire Shield, Life Shield, etc. She is standing on the pavilion at the left side of the fair grounds.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life