Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Strength of schools

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
Im a lvl39 necro. Ive been soloing the entire time and having an incredibly easy time of it. Damage + heal spells is great.

My son has a lvl27 ice. We started at same time and at the same levels it seems like the necro did more damage(more damage buffs) and got healed for maybe 1 more pip spell.

Now Ive read that every school has a strengths and weaknesses. So my questions is what are the strengths and weaknesses of....

1) death
2) ice
3) fire
4) storm
5) life
6) balance
7) did I miss one?

If I understand the strengths and weaknesses maybe I can help him play his character better. Or guide him towards a school better suited for him. Thank you

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
dbukalski wrote:
Im a lvl39 necro. Ive been soloing the entire time and having an incredibly easy time of it. Damage + heal spells is great.

My son has a lvl27 ice. We started at same time and at the same levels it seems like the necro did more damage(more damage buffs) and got healed for maybe 1 more pip spell.

Now Ive read that every school has a strengths and weaknesses. So my questions is what are the strengths and weaknesses of....

1) death
2) ice
3) fire
4) storm
5) life
6) balance
7) did I miss one?

If I understand the strengths and weaknesses maybe I can help him play his character better. Or guide him towards a school better suited for him. Thank you

#7 - Myth

This was a post from Professor Greyrose (Dec. 2009). Maybe this will help a litte:

Every school has its advantages and disadvantages, young Wizards, and these apply to the amount of health that you have as a Wizard.

Fire has medium health, low accuracy and high damage.
Ice has the highest health, medium accuracy and low damage.
Storm has the lowest health, the lowest accuracy and the highest damage.
Life has high health, the highest accuracy and the lowest damage
Death has low health, high accuracy and low damage.
Myth has medium health, medium accuracy and medium damage.
Balance has medium health, high accuracy and medium damage.

". . . with Persistence, Victory is assured"
Lydia Greyrose
Professor of Ice Magic

community@wizard101.com

Defender
May 25, 2009
Ok heres the strengths/weaknesses

Death: Hit/heal, more pips
Life: High accuracy, Low damage
Myth: summon minion, moderate damage
Storm: High damage, Extremely low accuracy
Balance: Able to get all type boosts, moderate damage
Fire: High damage, damage over TIME
Ice: High defense,Health, Low damage

I think thats all of it. The best of all is Life :):):)

Anthony Ghosthunter, lvl 47 master Theurgist

Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
Strengths and Weaknesses? Are you looking for boosts and resists or what their strengths are in battle?
I will be glad to help once I understand.
Molly
Master Sorcerer

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
here are the opposites.if you don't know the opposites i'll explain.Opposite schools do moree damage on each other.

fire-ice
storm-myth
life-death
balance-none

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
bqsto wrote:
here are the opposites.if you don't know the opposites i'll explain.Opposite schools do moree damage on each other.

fire-ice
storm-myth
life-death
balance-none

One correction: Life, Death, and Myth DO have a boost when you hit Balance. (or you can say Balance has a weakness when hit by Life, Death, or Myth)

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
saphirathedragon wrote:
Ok heres the strengths/weaknesses

Death: Hit/heal, more pips
Life: High accuracy, Low damage
Myth: summon minion, moderate damage
Storm: High damage, Extremely low accuracy
Balance: Able to get all type boosts, moderate damage
Fire: High damage, damage over TIME
Ice: High defense,Health, Low damage

I think thats all of it. The best of all is Life :):):)

Anthony Ghosthunter, lvl 47 master Theurgist

You failed to mention that different schools have different amounts of base health, mana, as well as pip chance and accuracy that you already partly of mentioned. You can't base a school simply on the damage it deals as different schools have different cards and some of those cards reduce damage, make it hard to attack, drop shields, and protect and heal in different ways. Also different schools have different percentages on their blades and traps.

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
i have a characyer for each school and all of them are at least lvl 20 so this should help:

Life: other then high life and accuracy life has the only healing spells like fairy that everyone has, and a lot more. useually with a healer around you never die since he/she can bring you back if you die in a battle. life has very few attacks and in my opinion the worst school pet.

Myth: while other schools get their minions at lvl 18 or 28 myth gets his first minion with zero pips at lvl 2 putting myth in advantage the first couple of lvls. myth also has the strongest minion at lvl 38. myth has a lot of sheild breaking spells makeing life's and ice's absorb spells vulnerable. myth has the strongest school pet being the only pet to give a 7 pip card (i think)

Death: high acuracy, pretty good life, and although it has some weak attacks it has some of the best attack spells. it's the only school that can heal itself and damage the opponent. death has the strongest charm deathblade being +40% while the rest are +25% or +35%. other then all that death can prevent you from healing when you need to and it has a healing spell of its own. and death has one of my favourit spells "Beguile" which makes one of the enemies help you for a round.

Storm: all the spells are strongest plus 'the' srongest spell there is; wild bolt. since attack is basically all storm has, instead building up sheilds and triggers storm gets right to the attack. storm has the most chance of getting power pips. storm has the most build up power increas. in my opinion storm has the coolest clothes and the most powerfull.

Fire: medium life, accuracy, and attack. fire has a healing spell and a lot of overtime effect spells which can be useful. it has the best looking spells and teacher (lol) and thats pretty much all there is to say about fire.

Ice: like life ice has high life and low spells and an absorb spell. ice gets its stun at lvl 2 and is the easieast to slide through the game while storm and fire are the hardest. ice rarely dies in combat thanks to its hard packed sheilds. ice doesn't evan need to attack, it can just put on a couple (hundred) shields and wait for the opponent to run out of spells. although its a good primary school its the worst possible secondary school.

Balance: a perfect balance just like its name. it has whats most important from every school: shields, strong spells, heals, and good charms. some say balance is the most powerful school because it has the most prefered card judgment. judgment can give a booming puch but you need patience or else it's pretty weak.

hope it helped

Survivor
Jul 02, 2010
Death: moderate health attack/heal spells
Ice:High health, and defenses, but low damage
storm: High damage, but low health and defenses
fire: moderate health, good attacks that last over time
myth: good minions, moderate health, moderate attacks
life: high health, good heals, low attacks
balance: moderate health, moderate attacks, but attacks can be messed with by just a tower shield or weaken

and i think that is it

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
First you have missed myth and i will tell you the opposites:

Myth and Storm
Fire and Ice
Death and Life

Balance monsters weaknesses are all the Spirit elements which includes:

Myth
Death
Life

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
so people that have said balance have no weaknesses use a life myth or death person and use your spells on a balance person and those are their weaknesses

( Sry i didn't connect this to my last message )

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
bqsto wrote:

fire-ice
storm-myth
life-death
balance-none
balance weaknesses- spirit elements which includes: Myth Death and Life if you don't believe me try it

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Hi there i am a lvl 43 ice and tell your so don't quite ice all classes have strengths and weaknesses but i like ice because i have a massive deck 3307 health and every one says that ice has low damage but who cares i made my ice collosus do a max of 10000 damage ( highest so far ) yea but any way ice also has amazing defense with a properly placed full power pp ice armor you can seriously mess with some ones plan all classes are really good at one other to things but these are things i have found very useful about ice tell your son don't give up

joshua ice breath ( aka frenchy ) 8)

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
any pointers how he would play his ice wizard well? Seems he puts a lot of effort into keeping himself alive while doing less damage. While I blast enemies with more damage while simultaneously healing myself.

Ive read that death is better for storlyine and ice better for PVP