Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Doom and Gloom

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I don't like that with my death wizard doom and gloom only reduces heal. Totally NOT helpful why would you want to reduce heals when you may be out fighting and you NEED to heal I think doom and gloom should increase death attacks rather then reduce heals

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
well life's increases heal's and death decreases it because deaath and life are oppissite so when your fighting a life guy you decreas there healing and they heal but get less then half what they should.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
bravevline wrote:
I don't like that with my death wizard doom and gloom only reduces heal. Totally NOT helpful why would you want to reduce heals when you may be out fighting and you NEED to heal I think doom and gloom should increase death attacks rather then reduce heals

I strongly agree because i am also a death wizard and i am in DS with bosses that have like 6,000 HP so i think it should increase your attacks damage like the fire, storm, myth,and ice schools. The doom and gloom spell should weaken the ooponents healing not yours.

Zachary LegendStrider
lv 46 Master Necromancer

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
bravevline wrote:

this spell was only designed for pvp where people heal themselfs rapidly

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
izzi250 wrote:
bravevline wrote:

this spell was only designed for pvp where people heal themselfs rapidly
As clearly stated by Todd J. Coleman in a different message pvp is one of the minor experiences of the game therefore there should not be a spell specially designed just for pvp another thing is that the death minion uses this spell even outside of pvp

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
If you don't like it, don't use it. That's my motto. Not every spell I have is particularly "useful", so I just leave them out of my deck.

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
It's actually a very useful spell if used right in pvp. (this only works if your second school isnt life ) Because death heals itself with its steal health attacks, you should be able to heal and also give the other team a disadvantage. That way you kill, heal, and win at the same time ;P

Catherine Windrider Lvl 49 Balance

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
doom and gloom is a pvp skill to stop the enemy from healing but i think its useless even in pvp! i think it should increase health stealing by 50% or death attacks by 50% but health stealing would be better i think.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
aaartis2 wrote:
doom and gloom is a pvp skill to stop the enemy from healing but i think its useless even in pvp! i think it should increase health stealing by 50% or death attacks by 50% but health stealing would be better i think.
Well, 50 is a little to much but like 35% like ice would be great I think it should be plus 35% to all death attacks and death steals

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
bqsto wrote:
well life's increases heal's and death decreases it because deaath and life are oppissite so when your fighting a life guy you decreas there healing and they heal but get less then half what they should.
So why doesnt wyldfire decrease ice attacks then since balefrost increases them

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
bravline i mean if i use doom and gloom which does -50% to ALL healing spells which give's death people an advante especialy against life because of there healing spells

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
You really don't have to use it. Remember, you also have curse and feint to increase your spell attack, so it evens out. I would suggest using it only in PVP, where you would get the most advantage.

Morgan Darkshade, Grandmaster Necromancer.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
Doom and Gloom has to be made specifically for PvP, as it is of no value whatsoever outside of PvP. The most I've ever seen an enemy use (even a life boss) is sprite. Seriously, I'm supposed to use Doom and Gloom to weaken a little sprite? The only time I've seen an enemy use a healing spell I'd want to weaken is in the Warehouse, and even then only if a player messes up and heals when they're not supposed to. I have no problem with spells made specifically for PvP. What I do have a problem with is making one of them the next to last spell you get from your school. It should be an optional spell you can buy, much like the two death spells you can get from Mortis. Even Necromancers have to use a training point for those. So, why not simply make Doom and Gloom one of those spells. When I hit level 33, I'd like to be able to look forward to going to my school and getting my new spell. As it stands, I might as well just wait around for level 42 and grab both Doom and Gloom and Wraith at the same time. Again, I have no problem with spells whose primary or sole use is PvP, but they should be optional spells that cost training points. They should not be spells that you get from your school or school quests. Those spells should be ones that aid you in real gameplay.