Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fizzle has gotten rediculous

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
First, I'm a storm mage and I've had spells that i've boosted to 100% accu racy fizzle....on top of this, I've had spells fizzle 9 out of 10 times, with a 70% accuracy...is a storm mage not intended to make it through this game without help, or am I just getting the short end of the stick when it comes to fizzle.

Also, a friend of mine has said that terrain might have an issue, aka in a fire room, ice fizzles more, is that also a problem ,and if so why am i still fizzling in big ben with 100% accuracy

Survivor
Oct 17, 2008
storm mages are suppost to not always hit because they have the strongest spells in the game but they got the lowest chance to hit.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2010
yes i too have been fizzling allot lately and allot of my friends, i have 21% storm accuracy and i fizzle allot now for some reason, my fried has 6% life accuracy so it is 96% and he fizzles way too much.

also i was doing a 1v1 with a 31% bolt and the balance used black mantle -45% accuracy and my bolt still hit, i am not complaining since it won me the match but still, weird?

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
pokemoncat1 wrote:
storm mages are suppost to not always hit because they have the strongest spells in the game but they got the lowest chance to hit.

Not always hit yes, but if i get to 100% accuracy, a spell should not be able to fizzle or theres absolutly no reason to be able to increase it to 100%

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Don't confuse base accuracy with area accuracy. Different areas have different accuracy modifiers. The more difficult area you are in the worse the modifier often becomes.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
chrbut2435 wrote:
pokemoncat1 wrote:

Not always hit yes, but if i get to 100% accuracy, a spell should not be able to fizzle or theres absolutly no reason to be able to increase it to 100%

Lots of fizzles lately, I have a Life Wizard that I been messing around with off, and on. He Fizzles almost non-stop. Life is suppose to be the most accurate out of all the other Schools of Focus. I also notice a shield that has a cast of 100%. which means what it says. One Hundred Percent is suppose to be the highest percent you get, but if a Balance Creature cast Black Mantle, (which is a -47% off accuracy) or other spells of its Kin on your wizard, and you cast a Shield on your turn, that shield will FIZZLE 99.999%. Hmmm what happened to the ONE HUNDRED PERCENT to cast the shield?

In turn if you use Black Mantle, and spells of its kin on a Creature, they almost always get their spell through. Sheesh....

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
seasnake wrote:
Don't confuse base accuracy with area accuracy. Different areas have different accuracy modifiers. The more difficult area you are in the worse the modifier often becomes.

So what your saying is that terrain does play a part? I never saw that in the guide, that is kind of important details

Defender
May 29, 2009
There are so many rants about schools on here. There are a couple of people who hate Myth and Storm so this is old news. Anyways, all the schools are balanced out and this is why we have secodary schools. Personally, these are good combos:

Life+Death
Myth+Balance
Death+Fire
Fire+Ice
Storm+Life
Ice+Myth
Balance+Storm

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
Every school has seen a huge rise in fizzles, and yet the NPC's seem to launch even Storm spells one after the other without a hitch.

Not only have fizzles increased dramatically, but now it seems every NPC has a pocket full of Fire Elves and Weakness. It makes no difference what element they are, they all have them.

And while I'm up here on the soapbox -

What really gets me is how the NPCs on Unicorn Way now use Blades and Traps.
The players are very low health with little or no gear and no heal cards, and out comes the heavy artillery.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
chrbut2435 wrote:
First, I'm a storm mage and I've had spells that i've boosted to 100% accu racy fizzle....on top of this, I've had spells fizzle 9 out of 10 times, with a 70% accuracy...is a storm mage not intended to make it through this game without help, or am I just getting the short end of the stick when it comes to fizzle.

Also, a friend of mine has said that terrain might have an issue, aka in a fire room, ice fizzles more, is that also a problem ,and if so why am i still fizzling in big ben with 100% accuracy

I think the deal with that is the higher the over all damage, the lower the accuracy. But I noticed that Ice has the same damage as Life since I have Ice as a secondary school.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
seasnake wrote:

Where is the world did you come up with that ridiculous notion? There aren't any "area modifiers."

I have quite a lot of grandmasters with very little left to do, so they are running around acquiring badges. And the amount of fizzling is still high.

Survivor
May 09, 2009
I agree, the fizzle issue has gotten bad enough that I'm considering leaving the game. KI, when you throw out five cards and all fizzle in a battle that shouldn't, it's an issue somewhere in the game. Please take a look at this issue. Many wizards are getting irratated that we spend the monies we do and work hard to level up hoping Celestial will be open sometime this year, and then we get an overal 50 to 60% fizzle in battles. I now have 3 Grandmasters, Life, Balance and Death and am amazed that they continue to get hit with fizzle, after fizzle. Love this game but, KI this is very frustrating.
Jasmine Dawnwhisper - Life Grandmaster

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
seasnake wrote:

Where is the world did you come up with that ridiculous notion? There aren't any "area modifiers."

I have quite a lot of grandmasters with very little left to do, so they are running around acquiring badges. And the amount of fizzling is still high.

I came up with that notion the moment I saw 100% accuracy cards fizzle.

Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
I agree. Since the last big update all schools are fizzling more. My balance Grand very rarely fizzled before then. Now she does all the time. Same with my life wizard. both are grandmasters. Its really hard to be the healer in a group when everytime you cast a decent heal it fizzles. and only having your small heals cast. :x One fizzle is fine so long as i can actually cast the next round, but not when its two or three fizzles in a row. If not more. This does need to be fixed.

Taryn Dreamhaven Balance Grandmaster
Paige LotusBlossum Life Grandmaster

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
I hate fizzles! Having a storm wizard, it often comes down to I am on my last hundred health about to kill a dude then my spell fizzles , well that dude has bben saving up pips to kill me and look at that I am dead all bcuz of a FIZZLE!!!!!! Well normaly it turns out that it uasuly happens on a boss I hav be tryin to kill for an hour! Can ki do somthin bout this :(

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
I know how this feels, I have a storm wizard who uses life, and although I haven't had this problem in a while, when he was a really low level (below 7) he would fizzle everything. I would get lucky if I could get imp to work. There was a stretch where I fizzled imp nine times in a row. Count them, NINE. Where's the 90% accuracy.

Thankfully, he is now a level 35 and I haven't had that problem since he was level 15 or so.

Survivor
Oct 03, 2009

all my wizards fizzle constantly... mostly on high level spells.. by constantly I mean I've actually fizzled 3 times in five rounds of battle... what's up with that?

Pat R.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
chrbut2435 wrote:

my dad and i have that problem too mostly him. when he plays his fire and balance wizard he almost every time fizzles and gets mad And when i play my life wizard i fizzel kinda more than i usally do too just dont get mad ok just calm down. so peace out

Daniel silver caster lvl 33 8)

Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
Presto99 wrote:
I know how this feels, I have a storm wizard who uses life, and although I haven't had this problem in a while, when he was a really low level (below 7) he would fizzle everything. I would get lucky if I could get imp to work. There was a stretch where I fizzled imp nine times in a row. Count them, NINE. Where's the 90% accuracy.

Thankfully, he is now a level 35 and I haven't had that problem since he was level 15 or so.

Hey but 10% chance of Imp fizzling so really 10 out of 100 tries you would fizzle imp. On wild bolt 90 out of 100 times fizzle.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!! i am death grand and one day i was doing a pvp with my other grand death friend we were going to double wraith on this one guy AND GUESS WHAT WE BOTH FIZZLED. next round i fizzled again but he didnt. then we both were going to crow and we both fizzled. thats 4/5 times of fizzle and death has a 85% chance of hitting

Survivor
Feb 16, 2010
chrbut2435 wrote:
pokemoncat1 wrote:

I agree. I have three grands and two more close to grand. My grand life wizard, wearing grand gear fizzled re-birth three turns in a row yesterday. My storm wizard always adds keen eyes to her lords and I had two lords with keen eyes fizzle in a row. No smokescreen or black mantle was cast on me either. It is very frustrating.

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
i think when you go to use a bolt and someone uses black mantle it resets the accuracy to a hudred and minuses the rest of the black mantle from that also different areas deffintately have different fizzle cause i caught a fizzle bug in grizzle heim i fizzled every attack spell i was casting ther one time i had to switch wizards it was so bad i almost dies like 5 times then i did the 6th time this game has to get the fizzle thing down to normal odds if you have more then 50 accuracy it should hit most of the time not fizzle every time which is what it does even with 90 accuracy a lot of the times and heals should never fizzle cause it isnt fair

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I have to disagree. Fizzles have not gotten rediculous; it is the price you pay for the most damaging spells in the game. Change your strategy accordingly.

I have a Grandmaster Storm whom I have done much successful soloing. Invest in +acc equipment and throw up a shield when their pip count gets high.

I see a lot of people going for overkills. If a Draconian has 800hp, there is no need to do 12,000 damage. Buff to what you need and attack before your oppenents hurt you too much.

Devin Darksong – Grandmaster Necromancer – lvl 50 Death
Digby Darksong – Grandmaster Theurgist – lvl 50 Life
Duncan Darksong – Grandmaster Sorcerer – lvl 50 Balance
Dylan Darksong – Grandmaster Diviner – lvl 50 Storm
Dustan Darksong – Grandmaster Conjurer – lvl 50 Myth
Dolan Darksong – Master Thaumaturge - 50 Ice

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
I have noticed a significant increase of fizzles as well with my Death character. Last night alone I had 3 vampires fizzle consecutively and 5 of 8 tries overall in one fight, and that was at 90% accuracy (5% boost from pet). Today I am experiencing the same deal: 2 more in a row, conveniently when the enemy has 3 pips or more for their last attack

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I have a life and storm wizard that is my main. Life rarely fizzes for me but it depends on storm. I also made a storm and fire wizard that I hope will turn out great when I've trained her up a little more. I think it depends on what day it is also.