Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Call in the Troops

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 29, 2009
I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool if, like, you're soloing Malistaire's lair and you bring in your other grandmaster to help. Or your character is doing Krokhotep's dungeon and you want to call on a character you have that is on Krokopatra's dungeon. They're kinda like minions, only you don't have to pay crowns. They do their thing automatically, and it's not available in PVP. and I think it should be an option at the bottom of the screen during a duel. Oh yeah, and there should be a limit, because I don't think a Storm grand should help with Meowiarty, or a Myth grand help with the Temple of Storms.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
there is something like that the henchmen people in the crowns shop and pluse the whole one school not being in a certiain place cause of ceartian school people would not help i mean if you start a new guy and you have a grandmaster you just keep sending your grandmaster to help and help and help and before you know it you finish the game in under 4 weeks.so sorry but that idea would just make the game to easy.

here are some tips
-use your minion
-get help from a friend
-or use a henchmen from the crowns shop

coyleghosthammer level 45 master necromance
ericcrowhunter level 18 journeymen sorcerer
taylorgoldenshield level 12 intiate diviner

Adherent
May 20, 2010
It would be a nightmare to program the Artificial Intelligence, since there are countless combinations of spells to deal with.

Defender
May 29, 2009
bqsto wrote:
there is something like that the henchmen people in the crowns shop and pluse the whole one school not being in a certiain place cause of ceartian school people would not help i mean if you start a new guy and you have a grandmaster you just keep sending your grandmaster to help and help and help and before you know it you finish the game in under 4 weeks.so sorry but that idea would just make the game to easy.

here are some tips
-use your minion
-get help from a friend

You din't read the whole thing

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
bqsto wrote:

here are some tips
-use your minion
-get help from a friend

With the exception of the balance schools's helpful mander, I'm really not a fan of minions. They mess up your traps with low level attacks. That's particularly a problem as you get to the higher levels. Mander minion can do this somewhat too, but he spends a lot of time boosting your attacks, shielding you, giving you pips, laying traps on the enemy, or casting weakness on the enemy. He more than makes up for any traps he might use up. Other than that, however, I don't even put the minion cards in my deck. A complete waste of deck space and counter productive.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
i read it twice neopot and it would make it you lose to a boss in wizard city so you send grandmaster then the next and the next and the next then before you know you know it your half-way through the game

Defender
May 29, 2009
bqsto wrote:
i read it twice neopot and it would make it you lose to a boss in wizard city so you send grandmaster then the next and the next and the next then before you know you know it your half-way through the game

You didn't listen again.

neopot39 wrote:
Oh yeah, and there should be a limit, because I don't think a Storm grand should help with Meowiarty, or a Myth grand help with the Temple of Storms.
Next time you have to read a post thoroughly before you answer, otherwise the topic gets confused, because you're making it sound like I'm bring back completed peoples to make it easy for guys in WC. I was thinking the limit would be your level and below. This is just for if the dungeon you wanna finish is completely deserted then you can bring in a dude who is about the same level as you. People ten levels or higher would probaby be grayed out. Besides, if there was no level limit that is basically having henchmen without crowns.
colagada wrote:
It would be a nightmare to program the Artificial Intelligence, since there are countless combinations of spells to deal with.
Cola, it's basically the computer takes your spell book and your character helping your character does auto spells. I'm the smart one! :D
stanklepoot wrote:
With the exception of the balance schools's helpful mander, I'm really not a fan of minions. They mess up your traps with low level attacks. That's particularly a problem as you get to the higher levels. Mander minion can do this somewhat too, but he spends a lot of time boosting your attacks, shielding you, giving you pips, laying traps on the enemy, or casting weakness on the enemy. He more than makes up for any traps he might use up. Other than that, however, I don't even put the minion cards in my deck. A complete waste of deck space and counter productive.
You are right. Storm minions use taunt a lot. I've seen several rants about this spell not working on the Ravenwood Commons, but I find it does work... 30% of the time.
Minotaur minions are useless... they only use tower sheild, absorb (these are only and only on themselves) and yet again taunt. I don't use minions anymore.
This one is off topic though...

And that is my third post on here.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
alright then for explaining more i thaught at first you could'nt use a guy that has a boost on 1 school but you could send another like if it's a life boss you can't send death.