Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

True Friends

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
So i invited a friend to Wizard101 and he really liked it so when he asked me to be his true friend i asked what he meant and he said that there was a button on your friends list so i looked at his screen and saw the button. Why don't i have one? Do i have to update wizard101? if so, how? Please help me out.

The answer you seek is right in the Players Guide.

If a Wizard knows a friend in real life, outside of the game, they can exchange a code that will allow them to communicate with one another. It may be used by Wizards of all ages, however True Friend Chat must first be enabled through the Parental Controls for accounts under 13.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Ok. thats great. but your not answering my question. i asked how to become true friends with someone. do i do it in game? What button am i supposed to press?

True Friend codes allow you to chat with people you know in Real Life. For more information on True Friend codes, please click on this link: True Friend Codes.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I am confused about True Friends as well. I exchanged codes with someone I knew, but didn't see any difference between true friends and open chat.
So, I am not sure how it really works. I thought that it allowed you to be friends with all of your true friends wizards so you wouldn't have to track them down, but that isn't the case. Could please explain to me what it's function is?

Thank you