Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bad skills!

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
My pets keep getting all these bad skills I DONT want like tenacious +50 strength and all this bad stuff I dont want derby skills on it's talents if it gives you skill increasers it should go under derby and be a boost like it will temporarily boost intellect for that long or something I really think they should change this cause I dont want these derby skills I want things to help me in BATTLE.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
Bad is relative.

Remember that passive skills like tenacious essentially boost the pet's stats.

Active skills, like pip'o plenty and storm shot rely on those skills to define how big they will get. (A dragon will get a maximum of 2-3% for Balance accuracy, while a clockwork golem will get a max of 3-4, depending on those passive skills)

You will occassionally have the very bad luck of getting a pet that has 3 passive skills. Even this can be helpful, as long as those skills feed a stat that boosts something you find extreeeeeemly valuable, like pip o plenty, or the global defense bonus.

That said, it would be nice to determine at least one skill for a pet other than spending the 45K to breed.

(True story: I have a Ice Colossus with Mana Gift and two passive traits. Not worth breeding with as far as I'm concerned, even knowing the inactive gift is pip o plenty.

I also have an Azure Dragon I bought for $10 that presented with Ice Shot and Ice Defence, as well as a passive trait that boosted those traits.

Guess which one my Ice Grand runs with?

I've seriously considered breeding the two with the hope of getting a Colossus that would be a viable hybid breeder, but it's pretty low on my list of priorities.)

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Talance3 wrote:
Bad is relative.

Remember that passive skills like tenacious essentially boost the pet's stats.

Active skills, like pip'o plenty and storm shot rely on those skills to define how big they will get. (A dragon will get a maximum of 2-3% for Balance accuracy, while a clockwork golem will get a max of 3-4, depending on those passive skills)

You will occassionally have the very bad luck of getting a pet that has 3 passive skills. Even this can be helpful, as long as those skills feed a stat that boosts something you find extreeeeeemly valuable, like pip o plenty, or the global defense bonus.

That said, it would be nice to determine at least one skill for a pet other than spending the 45K to breed.

(True story: I have a Ice Colossus with Mana Gift and two passive traits. Not worth breeding with as far as I'm concerned, even knowing the inactive gift is pip o plenty.

I also have an Azure Dragon I bought for $10 that presented with Ice Shot and Ice Defence, as well as a passive trait that boosted those traits.

Guess which one my Ice Grand runs with?

I've seriously considered breeding the two with the hope of getting a Colossus that would be a viable hybid breeder, but it's pretty low on my list of priorities.)
No thats not what I meant I don't care about how much accuracy it gives, I DO care if my pet does not get accuracy though I am tired of getting things that just boosts its intellect and stuff