Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Backpack is always full?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 20, 2010
I'm trying to find help in learning how to empty my backpack I would like to buy something but it wont let me thank you for any help. :(

Looks like it's time for you to sell some items!

You can empty your backpack several ways.
1. Place items in your Bank - items you want to keep but don't want to carry with you all the time can be placed in your Bank. Just recall to your Dorm or House and look for the Bank - it's a chest. Open it, and you can place items from your Backpack into your Bank, remove items from your Bank to your Backpack and place items in the Shared Bank. The Shared Bank can be accessed by all the characters on that account login.

2.Sell Items - You can sell items to any shopkeep in the Spiral. When you talk to them, just look for the Sell tab at the top. There you can sell items for Gold. You may want to visit the Bazaar in Olde Town first though, as Elik takes items you sell him and sells them to other players. Items you have in your backpack that you may not need, can be purchased by other players who may be looking for just that specific item! Elik will give you a price in gold based on the supply and demand of the items in his inventory.

3.Delete Items - You may want to avoid this option, because it doesn't give you anything in return, but if you don't want an item, cannot place it in the Shared Bank [it's marked No Trade] or cannot sell it to Elik [it's marked no Auction] and you don't feel like going to a regular shopkeep, you can just delete an item from your inventory using the small garbage can icon in your backpack. Just select the item you want to delete and click the garbage can icon.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Adherent
May 20, 2010
Note that the Bazaar (in Olde Town) offers the best prices for items you want to sell.

Before selling everything, you may want to check out the backpack for things you want to equip, save for later, give to your other wizards, or furnish your house/room with.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Since the last update all of my wizards have been getting messages saying the backpack and banks are full frequently. My favorite case was when I got it after exiting the bazaar, where I had just cleaned out my backpack completely!

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
Selling is one of the best things you can do. Trashing it doesn't give you gold and your bank's space is limited. You can make a good profit by selling unwanted clothing!

Jacob Dragonrider lvl 49 Master Pyroamncer

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
loladog2009 wrote:
Since the last update all of my wizards have been getting messages saying the backpack and banks are full frequently. My favorite case was when I got it after exiting the bazaar, where I had just cleaned out my backpack completely!

Even if the backpack and bank are not full, the warning from Mr. Lincoln is also triggered by collecting two of the same “Limit 1” items. There may be other situations that cause Mr. Lincoln to make such a claim.

Have fun!!! :) :) :)

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
brightlight53 wrote:
I'm trying to find help in learning how to empty my backpack I would like to buy something but it wont let me thank you for any help. :(

Many people forget about the HOUSING items they pick up. These also go in the backpack and you cannot see them by simply hitting 'B' for backpack or clicking on the backpack tab. To get to housing simply press the house icon at top right of the backpack screen or press 'U'. This will show you all the housing items. You can either sell these items, place them in your dorm, or put them in your attic.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life