Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Use the Search Function and Save Time

AuthorMessage
Adherent
May 20, 2010
This is intended to help those who have questions about game-play itself. For technical issues (i.e. "My screen is black", "I can't log in", etc.), you might want to check the "Help and Support" section of the website (the link on the left, just below "News"), or send in a ticket to Support.

During the course of a week I see many threads started with questions that could be easily answered by doing a very simple search on these forums. Since the forums are moderated, and since the staff is very busy with various things, that means that it may take a full day for a thread to clear moderation, somebody to answer, and an answer to clear moderation.

It's faster to do a search, Here's how:

Click on the "Search" link that you see towards the top of every forum page. In the available box, type in words that are unique to what you want to find, then hit Enter or click on the Search button. You will then get a page of abbreviated posts that may be useful.

Some examples:

1) My quest arrow disappears. This happens a lot when I'm using the chat feature and type when the input window isn't open. If I go to the search page and type (no quotes) "quest arrow" in the search box, I'll get dozens of answers, most of which suggest that I press the "T" key (which I probably did while trying to chat). I won't even need to click on the post for more information; it's there in the summary/abbreviation.

2) I need help defeating Tomugawa the Evil. I use the word (no quotes) "Tomugawa" and get a lot of posts/threads. I may need to open some of the posts to get more information. I can do that directly or open them in a new browser window, so that the list is kept in its own window.

3) I can't find Zeke's beetle in the Tomb of Storms. I type (no quotes) "beetle tomb storms" and get a lot of answers.

I would rather find my answer in a few minutes than wait hours and hope somebody answers me in the forum.

If it isn't here, you might click the "Help and Support" page and check through their resources.

If you can't find an answer using a search, you might try Wizard101 Central.

If that doesn't work, then you can fall back on posting a thread here, but understand that it will be a good amount of time before your thread and the answer appears, if it appears at all.