Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why dont they have a hair salon in Marleybone?????

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 18, 2012
crunkatog on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:
:( I had a frohawk when I was younger, it all depends on your personality I guess. It wasn't me being a bully, we just liked punk and garage bands.

You know what really bugs me? All the boy characters' faces in this game make them look like scowling, surly juvenile delinquents. Except for one, the green eyes one, except he sort of appears to have a squint.

It's bad enough that most of the IRL male players I know have chosen to just make girl wizards instead of trying to pick the least-truculent looking boy wizard face.

I do wish some of the boy-wizard faces looked "normal" and pleasant. I do think other people tend to be more friendly to players with girl characters, because the faces on the girl characters look more friendly and less antisocial.
well the only boy faces I like is the brown eyed one and the blue eyed one. I don't really like long hair, especially in the game. although I think its a good idea for those who have the complete opposite opinion of me.

Brittany rose, lvl 46, ice, the crucible,

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
SOTW on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
In April (2013) W101 got new air cuts in the crown shop, which is awesome Although, all of the hair cuts are short! I have lots of friends in real life that play this game too, and they keep complaining that the wizards should have longer hair choices for the girls. And for the boys maybe something more modern like a mohawk or spikes or something. Idk. But yeah, I would like the girls to have longer hair

Also is KingsIsle Entertainment Inc. making more levels higher than level 90
Not a Mowhawk. Please not a Mowhawk. This is NOT Gangster101. This is WIZARD101.
As for the levels, yes, yes, yes, they are making something.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Wooooow. You people saying mohawks are bad and stuff are so shallow! I mean come on! Seriously? Just stop being mean. If a kid has a mohawk it doesn't mean they're "gangster" it means that they have the courage to express themselves no matter what people like you think.

Explorer
May 10, 2011
Great idea! I have brown long hair in real life and I would love to have long hair on wizard101 too!

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
I think long hair in the Crown Store would be awesome! I think it would be nice if you could change your characters face too, I made a mistake when I was making my Wizard, I chose the face with violet eyes and puffy chapped looking lips. *Bleach* Ugh, I regret that.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Mohawk hair should come with the Rockin' Outfit. We all know Dr. Zigmund is a roadie so he should drop the fab hair, and it should be dye-able.

You should also get a lobster claw wand (or a playable guitar) as a rare drop, and maybe a pair of enchanted Doc Martens called Doctor's Docs that give you like 25% storm resist.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
JMistheart on Aug 6, 2013 wrote:
Wooooow. You people saying mohawks are bad and stuff are so shallow! I mean come on! Seriously? Just stop being mean. If a kid has a mohawk it doesn't mean they're "gangster" it means that they have the courage to express themselves no matter what people like you think.
I see your point, but it might encourage kids to get a Mohawk in real life. Then they may start bullying others and stuff like that. Then KI's rating goes down. If it goes to far down, then it is a possibility that it would shut down. And nobody wants that.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2010
If one of the associates of kingsisle reads this please read the entire thread: I am tired of my characters look, and I want to change the style and color. please make that an option, and make a shop for changing the look and color of your characters hair. im sure there are lots of players who wants a new hairstyle and color. please add this to wizard 101. my need a new hairstyle and color. and also add a color wheel where we can create custom colors. I hope a associate of kingsisle reads this, cause I really want this in the game. - Elizabeth ThunderSpear

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
Elizabeth ThunderS... on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
If one of the associates of kingsisle reads this please read the entire thread: I am tired of my characters look, and I want to change the style and color. please make that an option, and make a shop for changing the look and color of your characters hair. im sure there are lots of players who wants a new hairstyle and color. please add this to wizard 101. my need a new hairstyle and color. and also add a color wheel where we can create custom colors. I hope a associate of kingsisle reads this, cause I really want this in the game. - Elizabeth ThunderSpear
Just an FYI, you can go to the crowns shop and BUY a style and color. It's already in the game....

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Have you seen the new hairstyle items in the crown shop?
Stitch it to your favorite hat and you can keep a cool hat less hair style while benefitting from your current hat

Just saying they kinda already added this

Survivor
Nov 02, 2010
Rachel Dreamsong on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
Have you seen the new hairstyle items in the crown shop?
Stitch it to your favorite hat and you can keep a cool hat less hair style while benefitting from your current hat

Just saying they kinda already added this
where do you find it? I am in wizard 101 looking for the option

Historian
May 06, 2009
Elizabeth ThunderS... on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
where do you find it? I am in wizard 101 looking for the option
Look to the Crown Shop in the Accessories Section.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2010
when I asked where were the hairstyles, I just instantly found it. im such a noob :(

Survivor
Jun 28, 2013
I would like to suggest... i think that the hair style and colour of an Avatar should be able to be changed (For the cost of how much it is to dye clothes in the shopping district)... as in life you can get a haircut and dye your hair... it is boring looking at the same colour and style every day, no matter how many outfits one changes!!! just a suggestion not trying to be rude,
Thank you,
KeelanNightcaster.
#Wizard101

Administrator
Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
Recently wigs have been added to wizard101, although i must say some are very nice, i think that a way to change the original face/hair/skin of your wizard should be a option, whether it should be bought by crowns or gold, i don't know. But as a player, i would think most of you would agree that a important thing on the game is liking the look of your wizard, and being able to make the way he/she looks just the way you want to. By adding a item that allows you to change the original look of your wizard {hair/skin/face} not only it will increase the space for customization on wizard101 but it will help and satisfy a LARGE pool of people, i say this by experience, not only i know allot of people unhappy by the way their wizard looks, I, myself have found that i would wish to change the face and hair color of my wizard. a item like this would be SO helpful to the community and would help to satisfy allot of unhappy players :D

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
Totally agreed. Although this doesn't really apply to my wizard as such ( totally fine with blue eyes, black hair) it applies to my brother, who accidentally made his wizard's hair blue when he first made the wizard. Although the hairstyles are nice, I am sure others would love to change the face of their wizard, in case they liked something at first, then didn't really like it later on.

Emmaline Iceshard
Level 71 Transcendent Thaumaturge

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
Emmaline Iceshard on Oct 9, 2013 wrote:
Totally agreed. Although this doesn't really apply to my wizard as such ( totally fine with blue eyes, black hair) it applies to my brother, who accidentally made his wizard's hair blue when he first made the wizard. Although the hairstyles are nice, I am sure others would love to change the face of their wizard, in case they liked something at first, then didn't really like it later on.

Emmaline Iceshard
Level 71 Transcendent Thaumaturge
Yeah, That's what i mean, if applied to the game, a (let's say) potion that allowed original face, skin and hair change, it would be amazing. It would add a bit of more realism to the game, It would be nice to see a "barber" shop in the shopping district one day

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
David Hexgiver on Oct 8, 2013 wrote:
Recently wigs have been added to wizard101, although i must say some are very nice, i think that a way to change the original face/hair/skin of your wizard should be a option, whether it should be bought by crowns or gold, i don't know. But as a player, i would think most of you would agree that a important thing on the game is liking the look of your wizard, and being able to make the way he/she looks just the way you want to. By adding a item that allows you to change the original look of your wizard {hair/skin/face} not only it will increase the space for customization on wizard101 but it will help and satisfy a LARGE pool of people, i say this by experience, not only i know allot of people unhappy by the way their wizard looks, I, myself have found that i would wish to change the face and hair color of my wizard. a item like this would be SO helpful to the community and would help to satisfy allot of unhappy players :D
For dozens and dozens of levels I have wished that I could change the inital facial appearance of my wiz. I always try to cover my face up with my hat (stiched items), but what I've really wanted is to change my facial looks. In a nutshell: I like this idea.

Explorer
Jun 05, 2011
After a lot of thought, and a bit of examination with my storm character Rachel, I had a bit of an idea for hairstyles.

First off, I think there's a bit of a bug with the hairstyles. I've got the Cha-Cha stitched to a Skyscream Hood, colored green to match Rachel's original hair color. Whenever I go into a dark area of Wizard101 (such as the Shopping District in Wizard City), it will glow bright neon green. Odd lighting error?

Second, to my idea. Rachel's hair color IS green, but it looks like it's dyed with a little bit of blonde coming around the edges of slightly messy hair. I was thinking... "What about a secondary color, maybe a bit of color adjustment, or maybe even slightly dusty/dirty hairstyles?"

In a story I'm writing, Rachel's background is an apprentice swordsgirl from MooShu. It would be nice to have slightly dirtier hairstyles than what are around at the moment. They look perfectly clean, but what about for the wizards in general? I mean, we're going through journeys in different worlds, we're bound to get wear and tear on weapons and equipment. Why do we switch out our wands?

Just a thought.

-Rachel StormSword Level 74

Survivor
Aug 20, 2011
I don't hate my hair style on this game, but i don't like it either, so to fix this, I had an idea: a hair shop! It's like the dye shop, but you can dye and change your hair. Dying your hair could be 350 gold, and changing it would be 500 gold. This would be great for people that do not like the hair that they chose when they started playing the game. Just put it in the commons or some place and put the swirly barber shop thingy on it. If it sounds like it's too "advanced" to be in the game, you can put it in Marleybone.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
I have been thinking of this topic for months and, I'm pretty sure some others have been thinking of it too. Changing hair (Including color) and looks would be an excellent idea to add to wizad101! Some people regret what they had chose at the start. I am also one of those people. It makes me never want to show my hair which means I limit myself to hats. Also I regret the looks I chose. The crown shop hair was not really the idea. You can't wear a hat with it. What I really mean is there should be an icon that is next to the crown shop icon. This icon will allow you to change your looks and hair (Including color). This would be a wonderful addition to wizard101. There are more people out there other than me who would want this. I have always been waiting for wizard101 to put this out, but it has never happened. I think this is something that SHOULD happen! I am hoping for many to agree with me! If people help and agree this may have a chance of becoming true. So please feel free to reply to this topic! If you have any questions also feel free to ask!