Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it just my imagination

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I created my 6th wizard and we are now in MB. I have not been there in awhile, so when I got to Chelsea Court I noticed that the gearheads have slowed down.

Is this just my imagination or am I experiencing computer problems? I don't particular care for this new change. Trying to get past them made the game more exciting, like a rollercoaster. Just trying to dart pass them without getting caught was like taking that ride down the first hill of the coaster.

It is sad that new wizards won't get that thrill that they provided.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
No, its not your imagination, they are in slow motion. I enjoyed the old way better as well! Same thing about going up the middle of the rooftops instead of the sides. That was fun!

Roger Firehammer

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Try turning off the quest arrow temporarily (the "T" key toggles this on and off) and see if the Gearheads speed up. It may just be a lag issue.

Explorer
Aug 29, 2009
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Not only have they slowed down, but many of the quests have been reduced in amount of items to be collected, or foes to be defeated, etc. The number of floors in East and West clocktowers have been reduced. Many thought MB long and/or boring, so they adjusted.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
But why mess with the gearhead? They were so much fun to try to run by. Now it is so boring. I hope they would reconsider and put it back.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2009
Don't mean to be rude but I think the gearheads are just a bit too hard for the newer wizards. They don't all have awesome spell yet like Storm , Myth , etc etc. But I think they slowed them down to get the weaker or younger wizards accross Marleybone a bit faster

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
troll9444 wrote:
Don't mean to be rude but I think the gearheads are just a bit too hard for the newer wizards. They don't all have awesome spell yet like Storm , Myth , etc etc. But I think they slowed them down to get the weaker or younger wizards accross Marleybone a bit faster

I don't think you are being rude. I hope you don't take offense to what I am going to say either, because that isn't my intent.

We are were lower wizards at one time and we all made it pass them, so it isn't an impossible feat, just a challenging one. Can't use age as an excuse either. My daughter is young and I have fought with many young kids on here and they are now grandmasters. So, if we all can do it, than the newer wizards can to. Just need to stop and think - not rush into things. That's one of the perks about this game. It forces kids to THINK.