Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Possible Riot

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
People of Wizard101, everyone knows how bad arena is now. There are people on these message boards who complain about every good spell. And you cant blame them. An uncontrollable anger rushes for you and this is how you delete it. However, there is one way to save arena. A single way. Is to bring back the old arena. Where it actually matters if you know someone's school before the duel starts. Where you have to actually think rather than just blade trap and bolt or judge. Now of course there are posts about this already, but far to little people realize this. And KI will never agree to take back all of arena. However, we can change arena by starting a riot against KI for arena! There would need to be hundreds of people there, maybe thousands, to convince KI to bring back arena. So if you like my idea, please post here or start a new topic. And together, we can bring back arena from the depths!

KI, please let the people read this post. We are the people and we have a right to decide.

I also request that only people who agree to this idea post here, as i do not want this to become an arguement.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
It would be nice to have the old arena back. to be able to just walk in and anyone can join. this can stop lvl rants. and rank rants. but there is a bug that allows the old arena. if you lose you go back to the safe zone. commons etc. and it only works if you are in the wizard city arena. so i agree.

jasonfariyblossom. GMpyro

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
My game friends and I no longer play in the arena and refuse to until major changes are made. Wizard101 has succeeded in making PvP play non-balanced and largely owned by whatever team goes first. That friends teams can construct their tables however they wish and non-friends can't just worsens the situation. It has become abundantly clear that Wizard101 places PvP low on their list of things they care about, and most grandmasters stear way clear of playing it, if we get bored we stop our subscriptions and leave the game. We post and post and post again what needs to be done to fix the arena and the arena is never fixed, though they did add a timer at the start to allow players with slower computers to be able to make it to the tables before game starts. At present arena participation is low, it is hard to find a lot of players and table matches to make it interesting, and the practice arena is far superior in its structure than the ranked arena is. The player protest is that we simply aren't playing it and won't until it is changed.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
A game with the demographic target W101 has is naturally going to be bad with PvP. That's simple fact.

If you want better PvP, there are plenty of other games.

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
Explorer
Aug 14, 2008
A riot. Really? I'm not starting an argument, just why?

Can't you just adapt to it?

Besides, even if it did work, KI probably wouldn't do it. It's their game, so they don't have to do everything we want them to.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
seasnake wrote:
My game friends and I no longer play in the arena and refuse to until major changes are made. Wizard101 has succeeded in making PvP play non-balanced and largely owned by whatever team goes first. That friends teams can construct their tables however they wish and non-friends can't just worsens the situation. It has become abundantly clear that Wizard101 places PvP low on their list of things they care about, and most grandmasters stear way clear of playing it, if we get bored we stop our subscriptions and leave the game. We post and post and post again what needs to be done to fix the arena and the arena is never fixed, though they did add a timer at the start to allow players with slower computers to be able to make it to the tables before game starts. At present arena participation is low, it is hard to find a lot of players and table matches to make it interesting, and the practice arena is far superior in its structure than the ranked arena is. The player protest is that we simply aren't playing it and won't until it is changed.

AWW, your not gonna play in the arena?????? Well, get one thing no one cares, there is plenty of ppl who DO do pvp and if your not gonna participate it doesnt matter.

Defender
May 31, 2010
I believe there is always room for improvement . Since I have only been playing for a few months , I don't really have anything to compare the PvP too. But is does seem kinda cut and dry. Everyone I know trains their PvP wizard the same way , with the second school it is known you train Ice to tower and death to feint. Kinda boring if you ask me , and not a lot of strategy and thought needed to play PvP as it is currently. Plus with all the second school training , the amulets , treasure cards , crown gear, not a whole lot out there that will give and specific wizard any sort of originality when it comes to PvP.
I am not against the judgement or the wild bolt , only against the boring aspect of it. Think it would add to the PvP if the spells you could use in the arena were limited to only your main school spells. It would make it a bit more challenging.
What I would really love , but doubt it would ever happen , is the ability to start a PvP anywhere in the spiral. Doesn't have to be a ranked match , just would love the opportunity to zap that wizard who jumps into my battles and uses a wand on my feints . lol. I only want to fry him a little, promise I will send him home in one piece ; )

Survivor
May 09, 2010
it would be called a boycott, not a riot. and that sounds like a really bad idea

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
seasnake wrote:
The player protest is that we simply aren't playing it and won't until it is changed.

That's what I am doing.

Devin Darksong – Grandmaster Necromancer – lvl 50 Death
Digby Darksong – Grandmaster Theurgist – lvl 50 Life
Duncan Darksong – Grandmaster Sorcerer – lvl 50 Balance
Dylan Darksong – Grandmaster Diviner – lvl 50 Storm
Dustan Darksong – Grandmaster Conjurer – lvl 50 Myth
Dolan Darksong – Master Thaumaturge - lvl 50 Ice