Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

shields not working properly

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
I have actually lost a game in pvp today due to me having either myth and storm shield, or fire and ice shields up and active on me and having the opponent cast the first spell of the 2 listed spells in each group in the examples above on me and neither shield of mine would catch the damage but his damage buffs would enhance the damage.

basic example as i remember it i had fire shield, ice shield, fire to ice, fire trap all on me

the opponent cast a fire spell that triggered fire to ice, fire trap, but neither shield

what is the deal this comes up all the time for me i use shields for myth, death, storm, fire, and ice all the time.

Thanks.

Defender
May 10, 2010
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
I noticed this too. A life student used a volcanic shield then a tower. An absorb shield was also on. When the cyclops used sunbird. It only activated the tower shield. The fire shield remained on the opponent.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
I know I hate this. I was fighting a diviner and I put up storm shields, he puts up a convert to myth spell. Then I put a myth shield up, he uses triton AND MY SHIELD DIDNT WORK and i lost. whats up with this!?

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
The order that you lay down the shields is important, last shields in are the first shields to be hit.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
V8Driver wrote:
I have actually lost a game in pvp today due to me having either myth and storm shield, or fire and ice shields up and active on me and having the opponent cast the first spell of the 2 listed spells in each group in the examples above on me and neither shield of mine would catch the damage but his damage buffs would enhance the damage.

basic example as i remember it i had fire shield, ice shield, fire to ice, fire trap all on me

the opponent cast a fire spell that triggered fire to ice, fire trap, but neither shield

what is the deal this comes up all the time for me i use shields for myth, death, storm, fire, and ice all the time.

Thanks.

Sounds like you put down a Fire shield, then he put a Fire prism on you (bypassing your Fire shield). You then put an Ice shield down. Unfortunately, that was a waste -- because until his fire spell hits the prism, it is still a fire spell. Then he put a Fire trap on you prior to finally casting a fire spell. Everything he did was correct and he was able to bypass both of your shields in order to do full damage.

With shields, traps and prisms, the order goes Last On, First Off. With charms, the order goes First On, First Off.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Firefrog16 wrote:
I know I hate this. I was fighting a diviner and I put up storm shields, he puts up a convert to myth spell. Then I put a myth shield up, he uses triton AND MY SHIELD DIDNT WORK and i lost. whats up with this!?

The prisms are not broken. He placed his convert shield first. As a result it was able to bypass your myth shield. If you want to block a prism, you must shield the opposite before the prism is placed on you.

The prism shields are fine. They are not broken.