Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A question about potions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
I have been chatting with my friends in Wizard 101, and I have realized something. I am the only wizard I know of who has potions. You know, the ones that when you click them they fill up your health and mana, but they cost three hundred gold to refill?

Is it just me, or do only life wizards get them? Because the only friend I had who ran out of health, had to flee battle, and came back one second later after filling with her potions was a fellow life wizard. Is this true? Are life wizards the only ones who get these awesome potions?

Everyone gets them!
Your friends may not know what you are referring to when you describe the potions, or theirs are empty and they don't know how to refill them.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
pinkjaguar12 wrote:
I have been chatting with my friends in Wizard 101, and I have realized something. I am the only wizard I know of who has potions. You know, the ones that when you click them they fill up your health and mana, but they cost three hundred gold to refill?

Is it just me, or do only life wizards get them? Because the only friend I had who ran out of health, had to flee battle, and came back one second later after filling with her potions was a fellow life wizard. Is this true? Are life wizards the only ones who get these awesome potions?

We all get them, and the Higher your level the more you have to spend to refill them, which I think is unfair, how can one save game gold if they have to spend more gold the higher their level is? There should be a locked price on these potions.

Also why is the only vendor for these potions in the Fair Grounds? There should be one in each zone. If we are in DS we have to port to the commons to get them refilled? Each screen is a load screen which takes up time, and by taking up time, if we defeat a bosses sidekick, but die from the boss, and we are in a tower of some sort, that little bit of time gets wasted, since per zone we have a load screen, and hope by the time we get back to the floor in a tower the bosses sidekick did not respawn already by now, to have to fight all over again, do to wasting time geting potion refills to be able to survive the next few floors of some tower, or dungeon.

Which is why there should be a vendor in each zone. Not just the Fairgrounds.

Also I notice that some areas you can click to skip a flying animation to get to the zone you need to be in. Well I had to get a refill on my potions because I went dry. I knew I had to get threw a few more rooms/floors to meet up with the final boss of the zone. So I had to get threw the other areas as fast as possible so I will not get a respawn on something I had already killed. But when I clicked the skip feature it did not skip me so there I am waiting for this slow flying ship to dock, unable to skip the scene, that time got wasted enough for a respawn on me.

This is not good, the feature of the flying animation should be removed totaly. We can not depend on it to skip the scene when we really need it to skip, so time doesn't get wasted..
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Better yet reset all Dungeaons/towers, etc. to a 24 hour cool down. So we are able to pick up where we left off the next day without worrying about a respawn on things we had already killed, the day before.

If this gets changed for Celestia then the above would not be a problem. Well all except for a price lock on potion refills.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
You don't have to pay to refill them. You can play any of the mini games in the fairground (found in each world). Make sure your mana is already full before playing, and each game played will only fill one bottle (so play multiple times to fill all your bottles).

Survivor
Jan 18, 2009
Everyone can get them its just a matter of getting to that quest and filling them after use which some people don't know how. Anyone can get 1 vial for free but need crowns/subscription to get the other 2.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
You don't have to pay to refill them. You can play any of the mini games in the fairground (found in each world). Make sure your mana is already full before playing, and each game played will only fill one bottle (so play multiple times to fill all your bottles).

did you not see her long rant on time? these minigames take forEVER to complete, and anyway, it only stocks your mana. what about health? i am not about to sit around and wait for my health to go full again in the commons area. again, TIME. or go wandering about for wisps. that takes time too. and the slight chance that either there are NO wisps or wisps that are in an out of the way place. Again, TIME.

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
Drifter69 wrote:

Also why is the only vendor for these potions in the Fair Grounds? There should be one in each zone. If we are in DS we have to port to the commons to get them refilled? Each screen is a load screen which takes up time, and by taking up time, if we defeat a bosses sidekick, but die from the boss, and we are in a tower of some sort, that little bit of time gets wasted, since per zone we have a load screen, and hope by the time we get back to the floor in a tower the bosses sidekick did not respawn already by now, to have to fight all over again, do to wasting time geting potion refills to be able to survive the next few floors of some tower, or dungeon.

Which is why there should be a vendor in each zone. Not just the Fairgrounds.

Each world has an area where you can refill potions. In DS it is in the Atheneum near the door to the Tower Archives. It is on the left side you will see two lighted circles. The one is Mooshu is in a pavilion (spelling) on the right hand side right after you exit the world gate. In Marleybone go straight ahead after exiting the world gate. There is a circle with a fountain. That is where the games are.