Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Get Pet Exp quicker!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
Since it takes forever to get pet xp, ki should make it where pets get xp slowly by playing with other pets if they're in your house. Pls respond to say if this is a good or bad idea, ki and wizards

Brian Emeraldgrove, Master Conjurer

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
What I think is that there should be too types of exp rewarded from quests. One is the normal kind for your wizard, and another for your pet. Your pet should get about 5% of the exp you get. Like for a quest that gives you, say, 50 exp, your pet should get 2 or 3 exp. For the ds quests if you get 1500 your pet gets 75. Anyway that is just my idea. Oh and your pet doesn't get any exp if you get below 20.

Alex Dragonbreaker
Level 50
Grandmaster
Storm

Survivor
May 07, 2009
ShaddowClaw wrote:
Since it takes forever to get pet xp, ki should make it where pets get xp slowly by playing with other pets if they're in your house. Pls respond to say if this is a good or bad idea, ki and wizards

Brian Emeraldgrove, Master Conjurer
I Agree

Survivor
May 02, 2009
Really good Idea! I take ages training my pets...The highest age I have got is teen. All my other pets are Baby's! :(

Molly level 28 Ice Marley Bone Chelsea Court

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I do agree that pets should be leveled up quicker but not by running around your dorm or castle. If this did happen then having an Epic or Ancient pet may seem less speicial. Example:
One wizard justs spent hours leveling up their Ninja Pig pet by playing minigames and batteling enemies to earn pet snacks and now it is at epic then the wizard goes to show his friends. When he gets there he notices that one of his friends also has an epic Ninja Pig but he only got it a week ago and he hasn't played for days. His friend tells him that he didn't play any minigames to get it to epic, he just let it loose in his castle to play with his piggle. Then the wizard feels sad and his Ninja Pig doesn't feel very special any more. He then sells his Ninja Pig and uses the money to buy something else. While his friend is raising pets by the dozens by letting them loose in his castle.

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
Try checking the bazaar for mega snack pack snacks I found one in there and I bought it. THAT is how pets get better. This is a bad idea, although I have a death troll with a card at ancient.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
How about when you play a pet card in a battle, the pet gets the XP instead of you, assuming you win the battle, did not fizzle, did not flee, etc.

The animations make it look like the pet is doing the spell anyways.