Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

get back crowns

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 16, 2010
I was just wondering if there is any way to get all your crowns back that you have either earned or bought because before i got a subscribtion i bought crowns to get into areas but now that I have a subscribtion I have those areas so I wasted a lot of crowns just to get into an area that i already have. I would really like them back so i can buy gear. is there any way to get my crowns back?

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
pokeguy23 wrote:
I was just wondering if there is any way to get all your crowns back that you have either earned or bought because before i got a subscribtion i bought crowns to get into areas but now that I have a subscribtion I have those areas so I wasted a lot of crowns just to get into an area that i already have. I would really like them back so i can buy gear. is there any way to get my crowns back?

I am sorry but as far as I know, once you spend Crowns, that is it. Crowns are non-refundable. As soon as I found out that a 20$ card could buy Crowns or a sub, and I so happen, awhile ago wandered in a zone that had asked me if I wanted to buy this zone with Crowns or not? If I am gonna buy a 20$ card, why not use it for a sub instead of Crowns? That way with a Sub, I do not have to spend Crowns on one Zone, when I wander to them, they are all unlocked for me.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Nope, you chose to spend the crowns on areas. Now that you have decided to obtain a subscription, one does not negate or neutralize the other. You do have access to those areas you bought, whether you have a subscription or not. But crowns that have been validly spent are not returned. You will need either more crowns or use gold to obtain the gear you desire now. Spend wisely to avoid buyers remorse in the future.

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
Nah you didnt waste them. I may be wrong but from what i understand you are renting with a subscription so when the rent runs out you have to pay the rent again, but with crowns you own the areas you bought like a condo that you own the area while the building still stands so you own the areas as long as the game is running. So, the advantage of that is if something happens when the rent is due and you cant play it right away you still have more than wc to be in while you are wating to resubscribe.
What would really be a waste is if you paid crowns for the majority of the game and opted to subscribe rather than just buy out the rest because there is NO advantage over subscribing over crowns. Both are treated equally although one is a recurring fee and the other is a one time payment.
Personnally I am considering letting my subscription go to see how far i can go with crowns, but they dont have a charge sheet or something that will let ya know what all the areas cost before they ask you t o pay crowns AND you dont get to see those charges if you are a subscriber.
IDK but it seems it isnt a waste and i doubt KI wants to reimburse areas that you paid in crowns just cause you subscribe considering they say you own it forever. well forever is what i read but for as the game is running seems reasonable.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009