Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why no resist anymore on gift card pet??

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
Just redeemed a $20 Best Buy card that gave Burnzilla Pet and Flamezilla card. Before the pet update I got 5% resist with the pet.
Before I go through the process of training the pet, does anyone know if the %resist talent is now random or is it still there, but just needs training.
Any input would be appreciated. Does seem to take some of the attractiveness away from gift card pets.

Please remember the pet you receive depends on when you REDEEM the card, not when you PURCHASE the card.

The gift card pet you will receive is displayed on the website at https://www.wizard101.com/game/giftcards - this link is shown during the Gift Card redemption process.

After we introduced the Advanced Pet system, the Gift Card pets were adjusted to suit this new system. Prior pets were not changed but new pets were updated.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
Thx Zeke, but that still doesn't anwer my question

Before I go through the process of training the pet, does anyone know if the %resist talent is now random or is it still there, but just needs training.

It has a chance to manifest just like any other talent for that pet, it is not a guaranteed talent.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Hero
May 02, 2009
Prospector Zeke wrote:
It has a chance to manifest just like any other talent for that pet, it is not a guaranteed talent.

Yeah, like zeke said, you'll need to train your pet if you want it to have any chance of manifesting a certain talent (and it also doesn't hurt to have more than one of the same pet cause you can have multiple chances to get a certain talent).

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
Hi,
My store-bought gift card Defender Pig --which throws a DRYAD card -- started at 5% resist all at adult and achieved 9% resist all at Epic with a 108 increase to health. Training is the key and seeing it through to Epic to maximize talents is wise.

My War Pig --which throws a fire wand spell-- had the same stats 5% resist all at adult and grew to 9% at epic.

DeathBlossom.