Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why grizzleheim is the worst world ever

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 24, 2010
Grizzleheim does suck but I still love it. Not great xp but I still think it's fun. I always get good gear and furniture. I agree that the dungeons take to long though. But i love bears(:

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
If GH gave as much xp as a storyline world, there would be level 70 wizards already.

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
crazygamer999 wrote:
first of all you get gizzleheim at level 20 when usually people finish it at level 45 and even when i was level 45 i still died alot. second for me it was the longest and hardest world ever dragonsphere was easier. third of all it is not worth your time it gives very low xp . i just did grizzleheim to level up to 45 before i started dragonsphere but when i finished all of grizzle heim and even the extra missions i still didnt level up. final and last rason in why grizzlehiem is the worst world ever is because the dungeons take forever it took forever to do the dungeon under the grizzlehem waterfall.

Everyone knows that GH is not part of the main storyline, but you can get great items there that you can't get anywhere else. I love GH.

Lucas Redsword Adept Theurgist

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
Willowdreamer wrote:
You're entitled to your opinion, but I have to disagree. I love Grizzleheim. Sure, it's different from the main quest worlds, but I enjoy the way it's organized in sections that your wizard does at different levels. The dungeons in Dragonspyre (althought they've changed them recently) were WAY more repetitive and grinding. Grizzleheim has very clever plotting and quest construction. Sure, there are some hard bosses at the end, but they have excellent drops that earn a lot of gold and rare pets.

Sounds like maybe you had a hard time there. Whenever something seems too hard to do at your current level, it's a good idea to go elsewhere, get some more experience, and come back to the challenging area.

i agree with you, i love the structer of gh

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
I am new to grizzleheim, but i still have my opinion about it. I have noticed that grizzleheim is meant for high levels(because of the high healthed, strong attack, and lots of bosses. I have also noticed the quests give little experience. for this it is bad. It does have up sides though. I just love the landscape. there are winding paths all over the place and you can run off them into the woods. All the other worlds you have to stick to roads and pathways. I also think that it would make a great thing to do when you beat the main quest or you need to get away from the main quest for a while.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
i agree, as a lvl 59 i did all of grizzlehiem and never lvled up. honestly, fighting jotun was like fighting 3 more skilled malistairs. NEVER will i make a new account and waste that time for 285 xp for killing three rank 6 bosses. honestly, grizzlehiem is a waste of time, but the place is BEAUTIFUL! i'd love to live there, espescially in nidavllir. but the music is annoying and the grendels look really creepy

sincerely, William Crowdust, Level 60 death

Survivor
Jan 03, 2011
Dagon22 wrote:
I like this world! It's fun to come here every now and then and complete some of it. If I get frusterated with it, I go do other things, come back, and try again. I don't do it for the XP, I do it for the adventure.
Well you cant do it for the XP anyways it dosent give you any XP

ColinLifeBreaker Level 21 Life and Fire

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
i like the world, but seriously the XP is so unfair. I get like 40 XP for defeating a rank 7 boss! And the monsters pull me in battles like all the time fyi i mean the spiders and those forest imps.And the grendels! They are just plain unfair. Otherwise, nice world W101!

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
I loved Grizzleheim's feel. It was a nice change to Krokotopia and Marleybone. The feeling that it is a side and seperate world is true. This could be fixed easily though.

Add some badges. Badges for defeating Grendels and/or Crows. Maybe a badge for defeating the two brother's dungeons next to the Hall of Valor (Like the Mander Savior and Machine Master badges from Krok and MB). Have a few schools incorporate Grizzleheim into thier spell school quests, or the side quests for some of the worlds. Remember all the times in Marleybone that a quest sent you back to Unicorn Way or Triton Avenue? Have a side quest send us to Savarstad Pass, or back to Ravenscar. Maybe there's even a way to incorporate new spells for the schools through a spell trainer in Grizzleheim, like Croaky in Digmore Station and Mortis in Nightside.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
Ya i really don't like it either. I mean I was doing this really long dungeon that took about an hour and a half. And I had finally beat it but the guy I needed to talk to never showed up. The little arrow that guides you around just kept leading me to the middle of the room. AND IT WAS EMPTY!!!! But anyway I don't know if it was just a glitch or what but i mad me really mad! :?

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
crazygamer999 wrote:
first of all you get gizzleheim at level 20 when usually people finish it at level 45 and even when i was level 45 i still died alot. second for me it was the longest and hardest world ever dragonsphere was easier. third of all it is not worth your time it gives very low xp . i just did grizzleheim to level up to 45 before i started dragonsphere but when i finished all of grizzle heim and even the extra missions i still didnt level up. final and last rason in why grizzlehiem is the worst world ever is because the dungeons take forever it took forever to do the dungeon under the grizzlehem waterfall.

dudes and bears are sooooo annoying

Survivor
May 30, 2009
kaleeraisen wrote:
Magma942 wrote:
I love grizzelhiem but theres one problem all the bugs its kinda weird with the little bear and that and you know and for all that say wizard 101 is rubbish why are you even on this sight

HAVE YOU BEEN WONDERING WHAT THAT LITTLE BEAR IS ABOUT TOO! i always neve figured out why its just wandering around Northguard. but its cute!! i wish it came in a pet so i can call it baby bear!
Amber N.

It would be so cool to have that bear from GH as a pet. :D I would name mine Little Bear :P
Saffron M.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
crazzygammer999 i agree i havent got grizzlehiem done yet but i hate it see you in the game bb

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
kaleeraisen wrote:
Magma942 wrote:
I love grizzelhiem but theres one problem all the bugs its kinda weird with the little bear and that and you know and for all that say wizard 101 is rubbish why are you even on this sight

HAVE YOU BEEN WONDERING WHAT THAT LITTLE BEAR IS ABOUT TOO! i always neve figured out why its just wandering around Northguard. but its cute!! i wish it came in a pet so i can call it baby bear!
Amber N.

when you stand far away from the little bear he turn big!

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
i actually kind of like grizzleheim i think it is sort of fun although i am dying to go to some other worlds. I totally agree that Grizzleheim is hard though. 8)

Survivor
Apr 06, 2010
crazygamer999 wrote:

ya i agree that it is annoying but i just want to know how to see the king of
grizzle heim!!!

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
Willowdreamer wrote:
You're entitled to your opinion, but I have to disagree. I love Grizzleheim. Sure, it's different from the main quest worlds, but I enjoy the way it's organized in sections that your wizard does at different levels. The dungeons in Dragonspyre (althought they've changed them recently) were WAY more repetitive and grinding. Grizzleheim has very clever plotting and quest construction. Sure, there are some hard bosses at the end, but they have excellent drops that earn a lot of gold and rare pets.

Sounds like maybe you had a hard time there. Whenever something seems too hard to do at your current level, it's a good idea to go elsewhere, get some more experience, and come back to the challenging area.

yes, this is VERY true. Though the people who don't enjoy GH have a point too. I think that although it may not be the best world, any world from KI is a new and exciting gift. Look at Celestia! I certainly am not a giant fan, but look at all the new cool exciting things to do! I find the GH stuff hard, but a quest is a quest. We are the spiral's "chosen one" or something according to merle. So instead of whining, just do the world. Work is work. We still gotta do it!

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
crazygamer999 wrote:

YEP i agree the split proof ragers have 610 health i am 25 and almost killed one

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
crazygamer999 wrote:

You must be crazy! I love Grizzleheim! It is one of my favorite worlds ever. in fact it was number one until Celestia came out lol, now it is number 2. Grizzleheim is hard if you do it when you first learn about it, you have to level up and do the other worlds first and then go back to GH when you at least have finishe Marleybone. I do not think Grizzleheim is hard with my level 40, only Winterdeep Warren is difficult and I wait to do those dungeon until after dragonspyre and they are not hard at all, just loads of fun! Love, love, love Grizzleheim, have done WinterDeep over and over just for pet drops and love it. Oh well sry to hear you didnt appreciate GH, to each his own I guess, personally I like some of the quests to be challenging, makes it more fun.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
Omg I agree that Grizzleheim Is the worst world. I was around 56 or 57 and I died from a boss battle like three times that had maybe 2000 or more health.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2011
Grizzleheim is the BEST world for me! I loved Wizard City and when I got to Marleybone, I didn't like travelling all over rooftops and getting caught every time I passed through (lol). I haven't finished it yet.

But Grizzleheim - that is a WONDERFUL world for me because I'm a nature lover and love the woods and trees. Just wandering around the forest trails is like being in the woods. The developers did a great job on that.

For those that are just looking to level up or play a certain way, I can understand why it might be boring or not up to par for them.

But I could spend all my time just being in Grizzleheim. I also wish I could have that little bear for a pet.

The only thing I hate in any of the worlds really are the SPIDERS!

Survivor
Feb 04, 2011
crazygamer999 wrote:

Also it takes FOREVER to recover things, i'm only on the cell key thing :(

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
I do agree about the lack of experience, badges, and real rewards make a real case against Grizzleheim. However even knowing that I still like environment and scenery of the Norse influenced Grizzleheim. From the level layout to the scenery itself, Grizzleheim stands out and is a welcome change from Krokotopia, and Marleybone.

I also enjoy the music and storyline from there, as again I enjoy the Norse influences to that world. I do agree though that Grizzleheim should offer badges, and more exp rewards for quests. Speaking of Grizzleheim... I want the home from there! I took a preview tour of it, and it's just awesome, and very scenic.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2011
grizzlehiem give less xp then krokotopia and krokotopia get at level ten
grizzlehiem you get at 20

ITS ANNOYING!!!

anyone agree with me -.-

Survivor
Feb 23, 2011
:Dto be honest i love grizzleheim for 3 things. 1 it gives more gold than other places. 2 the quests are more adventurouse than some in krok. 3 is that its just a fun place.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hunter Blood, adept diviner