Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why grizzleheim is the worst world ever

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
first of all you get gizzleheim at level 20 when usually people finish it at level 45 and even when i was level 45 i still died alot. second for me it was the longest and hardest world ever dragonsphere was easier. third of all it is not worth your time it gives very low xp . i just did grizzleheim to level up to 45 before i started dragonsphere but when i finished all of grizzle heim and even the extra missions i still didnt level up. final and last rason in why grizzlehiem is the worst world ever is because the dungeons take forever it took forever to do the dungeon under the grizzlehem waterfall.

Defender
May 21, 2009
I totally agree with you crazygamer999, Grizzleheim is the worst world ever! Now some of you might love Grizzleheim, but I don't and here is why. First of all its just plain boring! Secondly its a side world, nothing to do with the main story line. Finally, Vikings aren't my favorite thing ( Ninja Pigs are awesome! ) I'm not saying that Grizzleheim shouldn't be a world, I'm just discussing my hatred for Grizzleheim. Peace and thank you for reading!

Hero
May 27, 2009
You're entitled to your opinion, but I have to disagree. I love Grizzleheim. Sure, it's different from the main quest worlds, but I enjoy the way it's organized in sections that your wizard does at different levels. The dungeons in Dragonspyre (althought they've changed them recently) were WAY more repetitive and grinding. Grizzleheim has very clever plotting and quest construction. Sure, there are some hard bosses at the end, but they have excellent drops that earn a lot of gold and rare pets.

Sounds like maybe you had a hard time there. Whenever something seems too hard to do at your current level, it's a good idea to go elsewhere, get some more experience, and come back to the challenging area.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I like Grizzleheim, because I took it for what it is, a side world, not connected to storyline plot and an area to break up normal questing. I didn't finish GH until just before facing Malistaire using it to break up monotony or frustration of other worlds. Each area had its challenges and frustrations, but was fun side world. Those going for XP and other motives will be disappointed. Take it for what it is and enjoy the extra bit of Spiral flavor.

Survivor
May 23, 2010
Krailzec wrote:
I like Grizzleheim, because I took it for what it is, a side world, not connected to storyline plot and an area to break up normal questing. I didn't finish GH until just before facing Malistaire using it to break up monotony or frustration of other worlds. Each area had its challenges and frustrations, but was fun side world. Those going for XP and other motives will be disappointed. Take it for what it is and enjoy the extra bit of Spiral flavor.
I agree with you i just took it for fun cuz i enjoyed the quest from the bear with the trades but i was using crowns back then lol so ummm (see ya in the spiral)

Thomas Dreamcaster *level 21 life wizard*
Thomas Frostcloud *level 7 ice wizard*

Survivor
Jul 04, 2010
I admit I think there should be more experience gain in Grizz, but that aside I love the place, I go there for something peaceful. I love forested game areas almost as much as I like forests irl. The bears are amusing, and the quests though hard and admittedly not very good for experience are fun and well planned out. Love the place!

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
i'm not a fan of grizzleheim either for one thing... low exp for quests are you serious u go threw all of that work and get like 265 exp and plus jotun????? he has to be the hardest boss in the game maybe not by himself but it's the monsters around him that makes it difficult....it's jotun plus too more bosses plus a minion( and of course the minion dies first) me and my friend daniel ( he's a lvl 30 - 35 wizard the time and i'm a like a 46- 47 wizard at time) was figthing him...the only strategy u have is that when you run out of health is to flee and come back with all ur cards and full health and mana ( u would have thought we would have lost but we won with daniel friend and my new friend valkoor who is like a grand death) at least through all that hard work i got a pet from his chest

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
i totally agree that grizzleheim is the worst. i started working on it when i was level fourty and got to jotun and was at a standstill :? . i did it with one of my friends(same level storm) and all we could do was heal. we couldn't get any attacks going! :x . i have farmed the ravens a couple time by porting to friends and realized that this battle is far easier to do with two people. could we please at least get more xp for things in gh??? thanks for listening

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
i love grizzleheim! it reminds me of where i partly grew up, ALASKA!!!!!!!! gh is beutiful( i no i spelled that wrong)!!!! i especially love the vigrid roughland. and wolves one of my top favorite animals. besides, having as a side world gives you something to do when you complete the story line.

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
Magma942 wrote:
I love grizzelhiem but theres one problem all the bugs its kinda weird with the little bear and that and you know and for all that say wizard 101 is rubbish why are you even on this sight

HAVE YOU BEEN WONDERING WHAT THAT LITTLE BEAR IS ABOUT TOO! i always neve figured out why its just wandering around Northguard. but its cute!! i wish it came in a pet so i can call it baby bear!
Amber N.

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
I disagree, i think its a great world. Even though its a side world you still get: experience even though its very little but its still XP :D , you get items housing items to put in your house or sell and clothing items for stats you can wear or sell and pet drops which i've seen and heard are pretty good, there is also crafting stuff which is new and the house and the items you can craft are beyond awesome! And i'm pretty sure the yardbird quest gives a training point???
Plus you can do this world if you get bored ;)

Catherine Windrider Lvl 49 Balance

Survivor
May 17, 2009
I like this world! It's fun to come here every now and then and complete some of it. If I get frusterated with it, I go do other things, come back, and try again. I don't do it for the XP, I do it for the adventure.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
your have a point im a lvl 20 the place is pretty werid like first:it's like you die every time i just subscribed like 5 6 days agoand im pretty much livin it up i tell you what you what you have to do there. :( you tawlk to this bear dude well basicly pretty much everyone in grizzleheim is a bear so you have to defeat another bear come back to that bear and get another quest from this lady person she says something like she knows your fate or something like that the you have to collect roots defeat this dark sprite anda forest pest translation:imp then you go back to the lady and then she says defeat grendals there so hard i almost died hard to belive im a lvl 20 so anyway you defeat them then go back to get rewarded :Dthen you go to the bear dude i mentioned earlyer who is in sarvedts pass you have to defeat splithoof barbarins and thats all i know. rock on wizard101 and rock on ice school fire school and storm schooland the rest no ofense.oh by the way im a fire wizard.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
WizardJalen agreed did i mention im a 20 sorry 22 really.but thats what i do to my freind alex golden heart lvl 34 wanted me to go to a dungen how did i know it was a dungen so obvisos it gave me alll kinds of quest it was in marlybone in kitzaweens lab
so fun with freiens but i can hardly make it to the boss and i walk on sidewalks but when i die i flee go to fargrounds come back super quick so you don't miss the battle.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2009
crazygamer999 wrote:
first of all you get gizzleheim at level 20 when usually people finish it at level 45 and even when i was level 45 i still died alot. second for me it was the longest and hardest world ever dragonsphere was easier. third of all it is not worth your time it gives very low xp . i just did grizzleheim to level up to 45 before i started dragonsphere but when i finished all of grizzle heim and even the extra missions i still didnt level up. final and last rason in why grizzlehiem is the worst world ever is because the dungeons take forever it took forever to do the dungeon under the grizzlehem waterfall.

i agree! the quest when you have to beat gurtok barrier demon is SO HARD!!!!!!!!!

Alex Myth grandmaster wizard

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
crazygamer999 wrote:

If they had a lot of exp gain then the point of every five levels having a new part open up would be lost. you would go straight through missing the fact that time passes inbetween

Explorer
Nov 17, 2009
Willowdreamer wrote:
You're entitled to your opinion, but I have to disagree. I love Grizzleheim. Sure, it's different from the main quest worlds, but I enjoy the way it's organized in sections that your wizard does at different levels. The dungeons in Dragonspyre (althought they've changed them recently) were WAY more repetitive and grinding. Grizzleheim has very clever plotting and quest construction. Sure, there are some hard bosses at the end, but they have excellent drops that earn a lot of gold and rare pets.

Sounds like maybe you had a hard time there. Whenever something seems too hard to do at your current level, it's a good idea to go elsewhere, get some more experience, and come back to the challenging area.

yeah, see, some people (like me) dont have any other quests that dont involve grizzlehiem

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
I think Grizzleheim has the best looking graphics, and I like its unique pet drops.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2010
first of all i love this game. that being said, i cant stand grizzleheim. my avatar constantly freezes or moves in a jerky fashion meaning i cant navigate well and get pulled into unnecessary battles. i am level 51 and have had this problem every time i try to go to gh since level 20. now when i try frostmsntle's chamber everything freezes...my avatar, the enemies, and any items in the cave like furniture. i have to use my task manager to get out and restart the game. getting very tired of this. iwant to renew my membership but if this is what i have to look forward to i'm :evil not sure.
:( :( :( : :x :x :x

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
Try doing it when you finish DragonSpyre.
You'll have a way easier time, trust me.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
Agree with Crazygamer. I would not want my kids sinking in the time required to finish out a dungeon.

Explorer
Apr 20, 2009
i like grizzleheim
it gave me something to do until celestia came out
and the bosses over there drop awesome gear and pets and swords and clothes especially the ravens. those were the easiest bosses for me and my friends to get gold from
well this is just my opinion anyways

Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
i think Grizzleheim is kind of easy if you do it with friends. i mostly do it by myself and look at me my levels shoot up like a rocket!

Seth Ghosthammer,Magus Ice, Level 36

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
guys the only quests that give alot of xp is the one about the bear who asks you question (if a tree falls without a noice does it make a sound )

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
I absolutely adore Grizzleheim. since I have been completely and totally obsessed with Medieval-style magical times since I was about 4, Grizzleheim is my complete dream come true. However, I'm not going to rave about Grizzleheim, I will tell everyone about the downsides.

Since it IS a side world, it is not a part of the main storyline, and therefore you need not do it to finish the game. This also means you earn much less XP, but, you still earn a very decent amount!

Another downside, as you have said crazygamer999, the dungeons take forever! But they are not grinding, like the dungeons in Marleybone and Wizard city. thankfull,y it is a wonderfully enjoyable break to take when you get sick of another world.

As I mentioned, it's a fun and enjoyable break to take from grinding worlds. I myself hate Marleybone (big emphasis on hate, by the way), so it's super fun to go to a world of my dreams for a bit to cool down. I totally adore Grizzleheim, and I'm so happy KI made this amazing world. It may take patience to finish, so you don't NEED to finish it, but it is lots of fun!

I hope you all enjoy Grizzleheim and have a great day :-)

Kestrel MoonShard
Magus Thaumaturge