Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Master Artisan Badge Too Hard to Earn

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 26, 2009
Hi! I am an Adept crafter. I really have to say, getting Master Artisan is going to be really hard because it takes forever to cool down. It is beyond ridiculous. I have 3 crafting slots but it isnt enough for me. And it means I need a lot of reagents. I collect a lot but it is hard to do all this stuff in a day. Maybe you should change the amount of reagents needed to craft some items I really want the Spired Bed and the Carousel when I get my badge.

Anthony Redflame Grand Death

Explorer
May 02, 2010
It is known as master artisan badge for a reason and not meant to be easy. Take it from someone who has it and has also gone on to craft watch tower hall, that the badge is more then acquirable.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Hero
May 27, 2009
Not too long ago, they required FIVE of each item, and there were NO TRANSMUTES! You think it's hard now?

Explorer
May 22, 2009
I think this will really help:

Go to the bazar in Olde Town and buy the reagents that you need. It might seem like taking the easy way out, but at least you will get your badge! :D

Survivor
May 12, 2010
I agree, I got the Badge and I thought that I was going to get in addition to gold, a training Point that is what the guy says. I feel a bit cheated.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
In keeping with prior sentiment, the Master Artisan badge/recipe level is supposed to be difficult and it is optional. If crafting isn't for you then don't, but don't whine about challenge, it is up to you whether or not you do it. You don't seem to appreciate how much KI has decreased the number of items that must be crafted to reach next level, I for one who did it by the old quota think it is too easy now, the requirements now are half or less than what they used to be.

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
I have seen a lot of tips for finding the reagents. Do a search on this forum and on a fan forum like Wizard101central.

The trasmute craft has a quick cooldown, so you can transmute lots of reagents in a short bit of time.

The craft requirements are for only two of each item. So you should be able to craft them both. They can be tuned in immediately.

I find it easier to collect the reagents early in the morning when few people are on. Then I try to get into one of the busiest times at the market when more people are selling what I want to buy. :)