Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unable to launch game

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
Hi,
I was playing wizard and then I shut the computer down for 5 hours. On return I tried to log into the game and receive the following message each time " Unable to launch game, Please download and run the Wizard101 installer"
I have never had this problem and have been playing Wizard since last year. Also tried disabling the firewall, no luck. Also wrote to KI and thought I would ask on the message board while waiting for a response from them.
Has anyone had this problem and if so, how did you fix it?
Thank you in advance

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
Sounds like a file got corrupted. Be sure to exit Windows properly to help prevent this.

Try hitting the PLAY! button you see on this forum page or on the home page of this web site.

This should start a download of the game and replace a damaged file.

Let us all know what works for you.

Defender
May 29, 2009
Did you try what the message said? Download and run the Wizard 101 installer. Perhaps while you were away from the computer, someone in your family accidently logged in and deleted part of W101. Or perhaps one of the key files got corrupt somehow. Reinstall the game first and see what happens.

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
probobly the launch file got corruped best thing to do is to redownload the game if your'e still experiencing the problem send a ticket to help and support

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
Hi,
Thanks for your replies.
I tried the "play" button but no luck. It did play but the same message is still appearing saying "unable to launch wizard101, please download and run wizard launcher"
I do not know where the wizard launcher is or how to run it. Can anyone help me on that?
Failing that, I may have to reinstall the whole game.

Thank you

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
Your best option now is to reinstall the game.

And you NEVER disable your firewall. That's like opening all your doors and windows with your yard full of burglars.
For that, you simply make sure Wizard101.EXE has access to the internet.