Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

AirShrine

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
I've finished 3 out of the 4 shrines in Shirataki Temple but the air shrine won't lighten up. I've noticed that several people have had problems with the shrines before. Am I missing something? And if not can this be fixed please? Thank you.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
This is a long-standing issue that usually happens if the wizard activates the Fire Shrine before the Air Shrine.

There are three things you can do. The first two don't work very often.

1) Have a friend who has finished this quest teleport to you and try to activate the shrine. You may (or may not) be able to activate it then. This has a low rate of success.

2) Set a teleport mark inside the shrine. Now go Home, walk out and into the Commons of Wizard City, stand there for a minute or two, and teleport back to your mark. You might be able to activate the shrine now. This also has a low rate of success.

3) You'll need to leave Mooshu altogether and wait at least 60 minutes. Now go back and restart the quest. Be sure to activate the shrines in the order they appear in your quest book, meaning:

Talk to Din Ho.
Activate Earth Shrine.
Activate Air Shrine.
Activate Fire Shrine.
Activate Spirit Shrine.
Fight Wavebringer.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
Thanks for answering. I'm still confused as to why you shouldn't follow your arrow at the button of the screen which directs you to the temples. sounds like a programming problem that needs to be taken care of.

dragoon237 wrote:
Thanks for answering. I'm still confused as to why you shouldn't follow your arrow at the button of the screen which directs you to the temples. sounds like a programming problem that needs to be taken care of.

It's a known issue, and a minor one. Players always have their Map (M on the keyboard) as backup when the quest arrow isn't working.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
Prospector Zeke wrote:
dragoon237 wrote:

It's a known issue, and a minor one. Players always have their Map (M on the keyboard) as backup when the quest arrow isn't working.

Ok, one more question on this subject. How do I know which is which shrine? The only way to tell where I'm going is by the arrow which also tells me the name of the temple. If I go by the Map is shows no names and once I'm in the temple it's too late.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
I redid the shrines a couple of times now. The last time I went by the sequence in my quest log, earth, air, fire and spirit. This time the Air shrine didn't come on. I"m getting a little miffed on waisting my time trying to get through a quest that obviously needs fixing. So could somebody please just fix it?

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
dragoon237 wrote:
I redid the shrines a couple of times now. The last time I went by the sequence in my quest log, earth, air, fire and spirit. This time the Air shrine didn't come on. I"m getting a little miffed on waisting my time trying to get through a quest that obviously needs fixing. So could somebody please just fix it?

Did you or someone with you by chance leave the shrine before activating it? That happened to me once before. I entered the shrine the left to see if my friend was still outside. afterward neither of us could use the shrine.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
I tried doing the temple shrines again,this time the very first shrine, which is Earth, didn't come on.