Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Initialization error: Unable to create render

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
I have a computer that runs on Windows Vista and I recently took it to Geek Squad and had some Trojan viruses removed. I get the computer back and go to play Wizard 101 and it gets to the loading screen. However, soon after that a white box a little more than a quarter of the screen pops up with an error message that says "Initialization error: Unable to create renderer". Do you guys know of anything that I can do to solve this?

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
you may have to check your drivers
and possible see if in removing the trojans
they may have removed a driver
so download the latest drivers for your video card

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Never take you gaming computer to Geek Squad, half them people do not know what they are doing. They stick the same program Disk in your computer as they do with everybody elses computer and it scans your computer for any type of Addware, Virus's. etc. and tells Geek Squad whats wrong.

That disk can pick up something from someone elses computer, and stick it in yours with out Geek Squad knowing about it. I know because a friend of mine works for Geek Squad. He said it can happen. I said I hope I am not offending him but I will never take a Gaming Computer to Geek Squad. He said, I know I understand, them gaming PC's can run some money.

I say update all of your drivers, and see where that takes you, also you might want to Reinstall W101, Geek Squads disk might have remove a piece of hardware in W101 thinking it was a Trogan.