Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Broken Down Portal!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
I just finish the first area that the four portals in the Basilica lead to, but for some odd reason the second portal will not open up and I have a quest to explore the area it leads to! What is wrong with that portal!javascript:emoticon('');

Delver
May 26, 2009
I had the same issue, and have no idea what's wrong with it. To fix the problem, I either teleported to a friend or went through the Necropolis door in the Plaza of Conquests. After doing that, the portal lit up and I could go through.

Hope this helps!!

Survivor
May 22, 2009
You have to walk through the plaza of conquests to get to the necropolis. It gets annoying that you have to do that but it's what you have to do. Hope that helped you :D .

-Andrea Spritedust grandmaster pyromancer

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
What you have to do is go into your first portal and go into the plaza of conquests (sry about that). Look on your map and go to the end of place where it says necropolis. Go to that door go into the necropolis, after that it should say quest completed.
I hope that's clear enough. Write back if it's not.

(try the quest helper arrow too, it could help)

Catherine Windrider Lvl 49 Balance

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
pokadot579 wrote:
What you have to do is go into your first portal and (its grand chasm i think) go into the grand chasm. Look on your map and go to the end of place where it says necropolis. Go to that door go into the necropolis, after that it should say quest completed.

Sorry, it's not the Grand Chasm. The door to the Necropolis is located in the Plaza of Conquest.

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
Survivor
Aug 01, 2010
fces1 wrote:
I just finish the first area that the four portals in the Basilica lead to, but for some odd reason the second portal will not open up and I have a quest to explore the area it leads to! What is wrong with that portal!javascript:emoticon('');
what i did was ported from a friend who will be able to go there then it will say goal complete: explore ..... new goal: talk to cyrus drake then you will be able to use that portal

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
I had this same problem and put in a bug request then figured out I was just going the wrong way! Do what everyone here said, but DON'T follow the quest arrow. If you are in Basillica it will point to the portal that doesn't yet show up for you. Go the other way, through Plaza of Conquests. Then all will be right.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
There have been a couple of posts about not being able to get into the Necropolis for the first time.

Be sure to pay attention to the dialogue in that quest when you are told to "Explore the Necropolis".

For the first time you visit it, you cannot enter through the portal. You MUST enter it through the double doors at the back of The Plaza of Conquests.

After that first time, then the portal will work okay.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
i am level 50 and at first ic could click on the the dragonsphyer icon in the spiral one day i went to the gate between the worlds and the dragonsphere icon was gone so now i cant go. HELP

Survivor
Sep 04, 2009
Yeah just go to the Plaza of Conquests and it will have a sign when you use your compass saying "Necropolis" Follow the arrow to the door and just walk into it and you get the objective complete thing and just port back and talk with Proffessor Drake.

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
You've got to walk in the Tower Archives, to the Necropolis, then go through the portal, and you'll see the portal.