Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need help making up my Mind.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Ok fella Wizardians, and Wizardettes. I am on the fence right now, I been stuck here for a little while, and not sure what side to jump to. I need help of having people push me to whatever side. I have wizards of various levels and 1 Grand,( well the Grand was because I made up my mind my self :P ) all over the Spiral.

Here we go

I have one Wizard near the end of Mooshu, a Balance/Life Wiz(Spells become limited to Balance, and sometimes we go 15 levels without a new spell, well it feels like it anyways) and my Death Wiz at the start of Marleybone.

Here is my Dilema I have a Life, Ice, Death. and Myth, all Secondaries in this order. Life/Death, Ice/Fire [I think,] Death/Myth, and Myth/life. so I got the secondaries covered.

Three of the four are all around the same level. I went with Balance to Mooshu, just to give that class a try, all in all It is a good class. I was able to Solo Big Ben with it, but I am limited to spells, my next spell will not be till 42, and that is a long way to go. Figure I catch some other Wizards up for now.

A lttle bit of info I gathered from playing, and reading Forums. Are, when it comes to do dungeon runs, most people look for. Storm, Balance, and Life. So I am leaning more towards the Life side, but I can not decide if that will be the right direction to go?

I DO like Soloing most content EFFECTIVELY, but I also enjoy being in groups if help is needed, depends on what kind of mode I am in that day. So what should I do? and what class should I jump on to get to Mooshu, pretty quickly, to meet up with my Balance Wizard?

So basicly after Krokotopia, what 4 of my classes gets funner(is that a word?) as I progress? Or Should I just get my Balance/Life wiz to Grand Instead. It doesn't matter I been in the Grand boots already so I am not in a rush to get the Balance to Grand. I already had gotten the Malistaire robe for my Balance guy, buy farming him for my Diviner grand robe, that I had also gotten.

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
I dont wanna give you bad information or something you will regret or whatever. In my opinion think about what school you like and would like to fight with. I have a balance wizard and i love it. But i like catching up other wizards too.
So first of all i think you should catch up one wizard and still play with some of the other wizards when you get bored with one. I think the class that gets more fun would be death or ice. (my opinion)

Catherine Windrider Lvl 49 Balance

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
I have 2 grands (storm and death), 2 masters in DS (balance and life) and 2 wizards in the beginning stages of mooshu (fire and myth). I find playing them all at once the most effective, fun and helpful.

As each school progresses you learn new spells and are able to try different things. These different skills give new insight into each world and quest. For example, I hated DS when I first got there with my death wizard. But basically I didn't know how to use him properly. When I got there with my storm wiz, I loved it!

Also, don't forget about gear. If you play your wizards more or less at the same time, the gear that they get can be shared as needed. For example, if your life wizard picks up an auction only storm hood you can share it with your storm wiz. My wizards all have great gear, most of it from drops.

So, what I would recommend, is play them all depending on whichever you feel like working on at the moment. I generally play each until I reach the next "level" whether it be to the next spell or a x5 level (e.g., 20, 25, 30, etc) when the next gear level kicks in. That way I get a sense of accomplishment!

Either way, have fun!