Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should i be nice back REALLY think bout it

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
kings isle i have played the game for a year and a half and love it but one thing that freaks me out ALLOT is little 10 year olds going around saying some sort of cuss word to people that are 19 and the 19 year olds are like WHAT THE HECK GET AWAY FROM ME then the 10 year old starts cussing even more. i HATE reporting and havnt done it for a while and i mean like 5 month while. but is it fair for the person that 19 say DUDE GET THE. . . AWAY FROM ME (in open chat) and the kid reports him for asuming what he said some cuss word but you allow that word in open so would you ban the 19 year old and let the little 10 year old go for doing most of what happening and or is this just something you would let go because this really gets annoying and stuff like this happens to me but i dont wanna fight back so they just let it go at me again and again so would self defence be OK in this game cause i really wanna know.

Luis Legendblade

grandmaster diviner (like the sound of that

one of the oldest players you can find. Have seen allot of mean things happen mostly in commons or arena

PS: the ages are not real so i dont wanna here stuff like WOE YOU 19.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
If they are cursing, report them. No question about it!!

Self-defense? - Change realms.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
Rise above. 'Ignore' the person bothering you. Change realms. Turn off chat bubbles. Plus, why care what other people say? Just ignore it. What do you do when obnoxious teenagers do or say inappropriate things on the bus? Or at the mall? Or on the street? You can't go around filing police reports on every jerrk you meet in real life, can you? If your or someone you know is a minor and is being harassed, sure, go through the proper chanells to ensure your online safety, but if you're an adult you should be immune to it by now.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2009
Honeybee313 wrote:

if you see other people doing that you do. NOTHING. its none of your buisness of what other people are doing. try not to be the report police! :

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
spyrogirl30 wrote:
Honeybee313 wrote:

if you see other people doing that you do. NOTHING. its none of your buisness of what other people are doing. try not to be the report police! :

Sorry, but I'm the exact opposite. If I see inappropriate behavior or cursing, you can be certain I will report it. Every single person who is playing the game has agreed to obey the rules (Terms of Use) of the game, whether they bothered to read them or not.

I really could care less how often or how much you swear when you're at your computer, or whether you're pounding on the keyboard in frustration and anger. But to knowingly go out of your way to circumvent the text restrictions and find ways to curse and use innapropriate language, you're the one who is asking for trouble. So don't come complaining here because you got reported for doing so.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
spyrogirl30 wrote:
Honeybee313 wrote:

Fair warning --- if I see you cursing, I will report you. No question about it. :D

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
look i writing this to make sure of something i have been reported on 14 times and about 12 of those are falase reports. and i was just wondering how the reporting system works cause 3/4 people would report back if you report them so that why i rarely report. i was wondering if i could be banned for saying . . . in open chat and someone to guess what it was ( btw they allow . . . in open chat with out going around the filter) so was just wondering

Luis Legendblade

Grandmaster diviner (like the sound of that)

one of the most longest playing players you can find

Defender
May 30, 2009
spyrogirl30 wrote:
Honeybee313 wrote:

I see a short wizard future for you. I am with the others, if I see you cursing around the filters or harassing others, you WILL be reported. No questions asked. And for your information, I MAKE IT my business every time I log in because not every child has a parent watching over their shoulders while they play the game and the more people I can take out that act this way. the better!