Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

which house should I buy?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 08, 2009
Adherent
May 20, 2010
You have to decide what kind of house you want. You can preview each house to see what they look like.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
We need more detail on what you prefer on your house, cause depending in which world you buy it in, the scenery and houses change style.

However, just tour each house untill you pick the one you like.

If you not sure, list all the houses, and starting ruling them out one by one.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
It depends on what kind of house you want. The wooded cottage is an inexpensive house that is great if you haven't owned a house before or are having trouble choosing.

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
Well it really depends on what you want your house like:
School houses: If your looking for something thats large and you want it themed to your school or another school then this is your house. These are big.
GH: These houses give out a nature loving and glacial theme. It reminds me of a log cabin and camping. These are also pretty big.
WC: These houses are pretty much nice castles. Small to average house.
KT: If you want your house to be deserty and have cool mini passageways these are kinda cool. Average size.
MB: These houses have a somewhat formal theme to them and are pleasant and cool. Small to Big
MS: These houses have a bunch of little places outside to put items. And i really like MS so these are my favorite houses. I think there is more space outside than inside though. Average to Big
DS: These houses have land that looks a lot like land after its overrun with dried lava. It doesn't have vegatation. The first house has a really small house, and the big one has a nice house but the rooms are not too seperate. Mediumish to Big

Idk if this helped at all, but i hope you pick a house you like!
(these are my opinions for the record)

Catherine Windrider Lvl 49 Balance

Defender
May 10, 2010
I have the same problem but out of your list I would pick Marlybone.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Agree with everything here! Between my different wizards I have houses from all the worlds, as well as the Storm and Myth house. Saving up for the Death house now!

But I just wanted to add one thing: The smaller houses allow for fewer items to be placed, especially outside. I find that on the small MB house this can be a problem as the downstairs "subway" room counts as outdoor space. In general, I find that the smaller houses fill up too quickly and that the larger houses provide more flexibility.

And don't worry about not getting enough gold, by the time you're through MB you'll have plenty of gold for a large house. I bought all my school houses with gold!

And totally agree on the Wooded Cottage. It is a great starter house. And since you can have 3 houses, this one can always be your country house!

Good luck!

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
Preview all of the houses available to you and see which one is good to you! You can buy them in castle shops, or the crown shop! It's your choice not ours!