Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which is your "Training mate" pet?

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 28, 2009
I only train my favorite pet. If i had a cool pet but not my best favorite, i will put him in my favorite house: The DS Grand Fortress. And i was wondering, which one is you guy's pet who you like to train?

Defender
Apr 08, 2009
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
I only train my favorite pet. If i had a cool pet but not my best favorite, i will put him in my favorite house: The DS Grand Fortress. And i was wondering, which one is you guy's pet who you like to train?

I am currently training my storm cat and am trying to get him to ancient.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2009
eh, I have sort of a training mate. Its my aqua dragon, and when I say sort of I mean like I train this pet the most (It being my only adult pet) but I do train my other pets as well.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I only like to train pets that match my schools, the pets that don't are a waste of time unless I really want the card and then it may pay to train it to adult and then try and mix it to get talents that my school can use in addition to whatever card I want.

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
I train my hydra because it's probably the only pet i will have equipped. And yeah training pets that are your schools are a big help!

Catherine Windrider Lvl 49 Balances

Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
ELECTRIC333 wrote:

I use my Dragon, my very first pet, who just so happens to be balance like me! I use my cloud demon in battles because I get the Kraken card. But me and Luke, my dragon, have established a certain bond, even if he's just a jumble of megapixels. :) :D Without Luke, even if he's just a teen, I would be missing a piece of my heart. A big piece. :( :( :-( We have trained hard and maxed out his will and power. I am motivated to get him to epic. Thnx for reading!

Hero
May 02, 2009
Well I have 2 pixie queen pets and I have trained them both up to adult so they can compete in the pet derby.

My first pixie queen pet, luna, gives me an increase in life accuracy by 2%, which helps with healing spells like satyr (she's also my main pet).

My second one, king dexter, is the pet I mostly use in the ranked pet derby (mostly because the talents are a big help), and also gives me an increase in life damage by 2%, which can help when I need a little extra boost with my life attacks (like my wand spells).

I've trained my helephant, lord midnight, up to adult mainly for hatching purposes.
sometimes I'll use him in the pet derby, but it's rare.

I've trained a couple more pets (like brown spider to adult, and fire serpent to ancient (gives a boost in my fire resistance by 6%)).

So yeah, I'll usually train pets that are of interest to me, and who knows, maybe one day I'll have trained all my pets (like my very first pet, lord chase, a firecat).