Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Filter i need a girl or i need a boy

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
in ravenwood and the commons there are players typing "i need a girl or i need a boy" its very disturbing and not kid friendly there are a lot of of kids -13 that have text chat. if this doesn't change then wizard101 will no longer be a kid friendly game.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
im a kid and i think it is the most obnoxious thing i have ever seen in my life! i hate when ppl say that they need a girl or a boy!

Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
I'm not Middle school and this is SO annoying! Why should you date someone online on a kid-friendly site? Especially when you have no idea who the person is. They may be lying about their personalities to leak info out of you and track you down. And filter just "need a girl" and "need a boy" because some people say who instead of I. Please wiz101 take care of this problem!

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
willwolf64 wrote:
im a kid and i think it is the most obnoxious thing i have ever seen in my life! i hate when ppl say that they need a girl or a boy!

I agree to this 100%. Instead of filtering it, it needs to get removed totaly. W101 is a game, not a Singles Mingle hang out. Kids play this game. You will never see a kid on E-Harmony trying for a hook up. So this needs to be removed from the game. HANDS DOWN.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
I think you guys are overreacting. plus, its not disturbing. I do agree wizard 101 isnt a dating site, but i dont think i needs to be removed from the game

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
Drifter69 wrote:
willwolf64 wrote:

I agree to this 100%. Instead of filtering it, it needs to get removed totaly. W101 is a game, not a Singles Mingle hang out. Kids play this game. You will never see a kid on E-Harmony trying for a hook up. So this needs to be removed from the game. HANDS DOWN.

I get really tired of people saying i need a girl or i need a boy too, and one time i saw this going on in the commons: i need a girl and some girls came over and said i love you, and i was like you kids dont know what love is....... DOES ANY AGREE????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
firefall1 wrote:
I'm not Middle school and this is SO annoying! Why should you date someone online on a kid-friendly site? Especially when you have no idea who the person is. They may be lying about their personalities to leak info out of you and track you down. And filter just "need a girl" and "need a boy" because some people say who instead of I. Please wiz101 take care of this problem!

your right who knows even when they track you down they might bring a gun with them or 2 x shivers x

hunter legendwraith level 50 necromancer

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
fireeric wrote:
Drifter69 wrote:
willwolf64 wrote:

I get really tired of people saying i need a girl or i need a boy too, and one time i saw this going on in the commons: i need a girl and some girls came over and said i love you, and i was like you kids dont know what love is....... DOES ANY AGREE????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree because i a kid and i don't understand it yet.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
Agreed, it would be nice to filter these.

who needs the tethers of relationships. There are no missions that are based on wizard's gender. So NO! You DONT NEED a BOY or GIRL. Actually this is true in life as well.

The house holders life is a trap. You become slave to your mortgage, you become slave to your children and spouse. Who distract you from whats important. For that matter this game is also a distraction from whats important. I merely serves to feed the ego and self cherishing mind.

Totally addicted...Slave to Kings Island

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
i know it is so annoying when i was playing on my apprentice life character this guy was like i need a girl and i confronted him saying do you really need a girl and he was like and i said this is an online game not wizards 101 go dating with people we barely know. you can go in the commons in a full realm and always hear the words i need a girl/boy or any one need a boy o friend it is so annoying kings isle should block i need a girl and boy o friend not just boy friend because people just say boy o friend with a o in the middle

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I'm 13 and a half and even I think it's a bad idea. for one it's so wierd, obnoxious, and just down right creepy. I mean, it is SUPPOSED to be a kid friendly zone. The other person could be an online predator and try to get you to meet them. They could be asking informastion from you... (also predator)... and many other indignities to others on this game. Plus... if they HAVE to say it, keep it personal, like a message to just a specific person.
But really, what kid wants to hear that. I think if they need a girl so bad, go and get a real one, not a pixilated digital program that SAYS they're never going to do anything bad to you. There's a thing called can't get a date, and there's not even trying.
Go out and try if you want to so bad. Don't just ask outloud in a pixilated universe full of kids.
( sorry for my spelling, not sure about the spelling of all the words i said, but i'm pretty sure they're right)

Kyle Stormrider- grandmaster life
Kyle Sunthorn- grandmaster balance
Kyle storm blade- magus storm

Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
No matter what KI does there will always be a few bad apples out there that are looking for more "fun" than the game provides. Filtering this sentence will do nothing, as many find ways to cheat the filter ("Flock you!", "Bench!").

The best we can do is to ignore these "kids" and mind our own business.
~Molly

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I agree 100%! I'm so sick of people being foolish and asking for a "boy" or a "girl". Not even that, but it's always some Apprentice Wizard asking for a Grandmaster. No Grandmaster is gonna waste their time with an Apprentice Wizard, so stop asking. They really should ban "i need a boy/girl" and "i need a boy o friend/girl o friend" because both sentences have no use in Wizard101.