Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scamming

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
I got an idea of what we should add to the reporting list. SCAMMING! Yesterday, (August 12, 2010) I was scammed out of my Colossus and SCARECROW treasure card! Cody Deathblood, Level 10 Death offered to give me swiftshadow wings for treasure cards. When I gave them to him, He left my buddy list and ported away! :( I even threatened to report him, which I did. Plz reply, and if you see me in Wiz101 my scammed character was Liam Starheart, adept sorcerer. Thnx!

Caveat Emptor, young Wizard - A Cautionary Tale

Just as we have all been instructed not to take candy from strangers, so should you know not to accept gifts from strangers. If you don't recognize the person who sent you the gift, don't accept it.

Since Gifting has come to the Spiral, I thought this might also be a good opportunity to remind our young Wizards to be wary of players promising gifts of mounts or other goodies, in exchange for your Treasure Cards.

Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade.

Please remember, reporting someone for 'scamming' you out of Treasure Cards is not valid, since you both had to agree to the trade. If what you see in the Trade window is not fair, regardless of what the player told you, don't agree to the trade, simple as that. Caveat emptor is a very powerful lesson to learn, young Wizards. Buyer Beware.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.