Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Lord, and Spirit Armor

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 30, 2009
I was PVP. And, I shielded with Spirit Armor, AND had a Storm Shield. Then, I got a storm lord and it hit me with 982! Luckily my health is 2992.. I don't get it..

Hero
May 02, 2009
well you have to cosider that the caster could have had boosts to storm damage (like boosts from clothing, briskbreeze ring, blades, traps, bubble, etc.), so even with spirit armor and a storm shield, with enough buffs any attack can be devastating even with shields and resistance.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
storm players are used to having to attack over shields, often their best chance of survival is blading up and doing enough damage against shields and protections to still do some damage... if your storm shield was the type that only offers 50% protection then that is half of your answer right there... a storm player will try to have 30% plus extra damage from their equipment, most will like to attack with two blades and if they can any sort of trap (can't trust traps much though) and if you are in a storm bubble that is also a good explanation... storm in general though will try to attack over shields... in general a strong storm lord moderately bladed up can hit between 2000 to 3000 damage (players such as myself also tend to make storm lord treasure cards with extra damage on them from strong cards and we aren't afraid to draw for them)

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
I agree with the first reply, and don't act surprised! Storm lord is the most powerful attack spell there is! Especially with charms, boost, and traps!

Survivor
Apr 21, 2010
This may be a bug. I had both spirit armor and tower shields ignored twice in recent days - ice giants just hit as if they were no there, on our entire team.

Ben.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
fces1 wrote:
I agree with the first reply, and don't act surprised! Storm lord is the most powerful attack spell there is! Especially with charms, boost, and traps!

Wrong! Fire dragon does more damage due to its attack over time!