Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pvp battle matching complaint...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
ok so i am a level 40 (almost level 41) ice wizard and i am now complaining about pvp battle matching so here goes...
when you play in the practice version it is so much quicker and easyer to get a match going, but when you play the other one it takes like forever to get to a match. WHAT'S THE DEAL??!?!?!?!?!? :(

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
The deal is that players in practice pvp can pick and choose what tables and teams they sit at to better insure that the match will be fair. In ranked only friends get to choose where they sit, and often those friends are actually the same person running mutliple computers and with team mates that use earthquake and the like to chain stun as well as possible the other side making ranked pvp something most don't enjoy playing. People have high damage at upper levels but their health is much lower than what you go up against in the actual game so ranked higher level pvp doesn't last as long as mid-level pvp and whoever goes first tends to win 80% or so of the time. It is a huge disadvantage to go last, and I've played 14 games in a row where my side went last every match (I largely lost interest in playing pvp after that, I'll still play but never really feel like it cause pvp needs so much work done to it just to balance it out and make it more even and fair). Non-ranked is a much better pvp system than ranked is, why randomly sat teams are paired up against friends teams is besides me. Why earthquake is allowed to remove storm shields is also beyond my explanation. Ranked pvp is too one sided to take seriously and it desperately needs work, but its made quite clear in the forums to everyone that pvp is just a side thing that doesn't matter and so we should just find a different game or something and stop complaining about it.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
In practice it does not matter if you win or lose. So anyone can go against anybody, which makes it much quicker. In ranked though it takes longer because it tries to match you up with rank and lvl as much as possible, so the longer it takes the more off it will be.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
I know what you mean, I get annoyed by this to, and when they find an opponent they always beat me. I then join another fight and I get paired against the same people and the result is the same. I'm not a sore loser or anything but having the same people beat you 4 or 5 times starts to hurt.

Destiny Iceheart lvl 50 ice/storm/life peace out peeps

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
thanks for the answers to my question, but like when i was level 37 pvp put me against a level 50 player with around 1,000 more health than me so what's the deal with that too?!?!?!?!?

Survivor
Oct 28, 2009
I have a couple of complaints, too.

First of all, Wild Bolt needs to be fixed. The card says it hits 10% of the time, but it's more like 50%, even without Charms or stuff. I had a friend who used Wild Bolt a lot, and it hit about 7 in 15 times. FIX IT! I hate Wild Bolt because my health is just over 1000, so after that, I'm done for.

And,

I always get put up against someone who is a waaay higher level than me. They should put people in level groups (1-10, 11-20, 21-30) so some people won't get very frustrated over who goes first.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
ya i know that but i am not talking about practice i am talking about pvp.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
possumman14 wrote:
Practice doesn't care about lopsidedness. Ranked does.

the funny thing is the better games tend to be on practice rather than ranked... people on practice can sit where they want and often sit at the tables they think they can do well at

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
My pvp complaint is that it takes FOREVER to get a ranked match. I've been waiting for 2 hours for a ranked match to make.

What's up with that?

Rowan Earthsong, Loremaster