Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I need your help Prospector Zeke!

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 21, 2009
So I need your help Prospector Zeke, and here is what I need your help on. Wizard101 runs terribly on my computer, here is what happens when I play.

1. Sometimes wihle chatting during a battle it will freeze up on me.

2.When I enter an area or a house it takes a while for everything to load
up, what I mean is everything is invisble including me.

3. The game will freeze randomly (also when the game freezes the music skips & its annoying. )

4. The picture will be messed up ( like it looks like there are a bunch of colorful strings are around me. )

5. It takes my Seraph Wings forever to appear.

6. The game crashes whil at the derby.

7. Finally the game carshes randomly.

So Prospector Zeke is there something I can download to fix all of this. Or is it time to get a new computer ( because mine is pretty old. ) Please respond soon, also if you or someone you know has occured problems in Wizard101 reply here. Thank you for reading!

Christopher JadeBlade
lvl.50 Theurgist
Savior of the Spiral

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Pretty sure you just answered your own question: Time to get a new computer!

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I'm not Prospector Zeke, but new computers are always fun if they can be afforded. I suggest updating all your drivers and be sure you don't run anything in background to allow game to do the most it can.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
You need a new computer. An old computer isn't going to run the game very well.

You'll want a computer with at least 1 gig of RAM (2 gigs or more is better), and a separate video card (not an on-board or integrated video card) with at least 512k of (it's own) memory.

Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
To an extent i agree about the computer issue. But I have a brand new computer. Just bought it in March. My husband is a tech freak :D so everything is always updated on my computer. Drivers, Video Cards and so on. Yet i still get all kinds of crashes from the game. Even when i exit the game i get error messages. Wizard101 Graphic Client has failed and needs to be shut down. So I don't believe the problem is solely on the players computers. Like earlier today, I was in the middle of a fight in GH and got this strange icon on my screen, It looks like a chain, in a small glass ball. I could not see my deck or any spells casting. I could hear them but couldn't use them. I would like to know what the icon is to be honest. Anyway I could not flee or esc the fight. I quickly shut down the game, and then opened it up, logged in and was still in the fight but still could not cast anything. My deck had come up but it would act like i had passed instead of casting with a fizzle. i was almost dead and couldn't heal or yet again flee. Answers would be really nice. please respond.

Taryn Dreamhaven
Paige Lotusblossum

Defender
May 30, 2009
BrooklynOrcbane wrote:
To an extent i agree about the computer issue. But I have a brand new computer. Just bought it in March. My husband is a tech freak :D so everything is always updated on my computer. Drivers, Video Cards and so on. Yet i still get all kinds of crashes from the game. Even when i exit the game i get error messages. Wizard101 Graphic Client has failed and needs to be shut down. So I don't believe the problem is solely on the players computers. Like earlier today, I was in the middle of a fight in GH and got this strange icon on my screen, It looks like a chain, in a small glass ball. I could not see my deck or any spells casting. I could hear them but couldn't use them. I would like to know what the icon is to be honest. Anyway I could not flee or esc the fight. I quickly shut down the game, and then opened it up, logged in and was still in the fight but still could not cast anything. My deck had come up but it would act like i had passed instead of casting with a fizzle. i was almost dead and couldn't heal or yet again flee. Answers would be really nice. please respond.

Taryn Dreamhaven
Paige Lotusblossum

I'm in the same boat as you. I have had my computer since March and always keep things updated and I still have problems with the game although not nearly as often as I do with my older desk top. I have the issue of things not loading quickly (monsters on the street, mounts, players, housing items) and since everything has been loaded (in terms of the loading icon in the top left corner of the screen) I know it's not an issue of that. Also I occasionally have problems with chat like stopping. I can type something in chat and it's like it lags and when it shows up I get everything that everyone has said all at once. In an area with few people it's not a problem but being around allot of people at once it creates a little chaos for me trying to keep a conversations going.

As far as the little bubble with the chain in it, that's your connection link. When you lose connection, it will show a red broken link and when the connection is back again it will be yellow then eventually disappears. I have found a few solutions to the card issue if you are in a battle. First, you can hit ctrl G and then hit it again to bring up the cards to continue the battle. The down side to this is you are usually stuck in the spot you're in and can't move. In this case that's where the second solution comes in. X out of the game, completely closing it out, and log back in quickly. You will still be in the battle and will have full control of your wizards functions. You can always skip the first suggestion and just do the second one. This I have actually found to be the quicker of the two.

Hope this helps you out some :)

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
BrooklynOrcbane wrote:

Taryn Dreamhaven
Paige Lotusblossum

This is what happens when you get dissconnected. The glass ball shows your connection status. To make everything reapear hit control g

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
really control g okay i will try it because sometimes i can't be on for 30 seconds without getting a bad connection espacially when my brother is on who is in the same house using the same router anyways hope your trick works

Survivor
May 02, 2010
BrooklynOrcbane wrote:

Taryn Dreamhaven
Paige Lotusblossum

That also happened to me.... So i just got a new computer then everything worked out perfectly.. :D
Elizabeth Strongheart
lvl 46

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
Yeah the game freezes on me a lot to. I have a dinosaur computer and i don't think it can play w101 much longer. Does this happen to you? I open the crowns shop 1-5 times and then the game minimizes and crashes. Anyway i have a mac so i cant get a pc :-(. (I still love my mac) ANyway i have deleted almost every thing i can off that computer besides the game and i think i need to get rid of the test real trying too. :-(