Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mythology

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
I think it's cool how Wizard101 created it's own mythology. You know, with the Frost Giants, the Dragons and the Tritons? And how Bartleby sang everything into existence? Does anyone think it's kind of neat?

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Yes, it is one of the great things about W101: It is well thought out with lots of interesting backstory and details. Also, it's wonderful how the worlds are based on other cultures and time periods. It's like a mini geography and history lesson rolled up into a fun fictional story!

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Um, although the KI staff have created their own world/universe with Wizard101 they have borrowed heavily from various mythologies from around the world, various word spoken legends, and modern twists on various tales of imaginary creatures. Read around most of what you will find is years to centuries older than Wizard101. I appreciate and enjoy what KI has fuzed in their world but much of what they use is borrowed from other traditions. FYI

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
Krailzec wrote:
Um, although the KI staff have created their own world/universe with Wizard101 they have borrowed heavily from various mythologies from around the world, various word spoken legends, and modern twists on various tales of imaginary creatures. Read around most of what you will find is years to centuries older than Wizard101. I appreciate and enjoy what KI has fuzed in their world but much of what they use is borrowed from other traditions. FYI

True, but they put it all together in a unique and interesting way, and also they make some things up themselves.

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
catboy2197 wrote:
Krailzec wrote:

True, but they put it all together in a unique and interesting way, and also they make some things up themselves.

True :P

Catherine Windrider Lvl 49 Balance

Defender
Apr 08, 2009
catboy2197 wrote:
I think it's cool how Wizard101 created it's own mythology. You know, with the Frost Giants, the Dragons and the Tritons? And how Bartleby sang everything into existence? Does anyone think it's kind of neat?

It is really cool. I wish that we could get spells like Frost giant without training points. I think the spells should be free.